• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive shipment delays/issues

mrklaw

MrArseFace
missing the point yet again. We aren't worried if we get them in April, and we understand that a :01 order in the UK is unlikely to get one sooner than an :03 in the US because they're different regions. But we would expect an :01 in the UK to get one before an :06 in the UK, and the same within each region. But even that isn't happening. There appeared (until today) to be some kind of mass block in Europe with almost everyone 00-04 not moving, while later orders happily shipped.

Now that seems to be slowly being addressed, although resubmitted orders still show no movement at all - despite O'Brien saying they would.

kaskade

I wonder what the spread of orders is. It's weird to see some people who ordered right as the device was out still haven't received it yet. I have May date and the reports of the orders within 10 minutes not shipped yet is a little worrying being half way through April. I'm curious if like 90% of Vive orders were from the hardcore who ordered almost right away with a few people like me trickling orders in as time went on.

Daniel O'Brien says that even queue jumpers should get theirs in April, if that's what the confirmation says (March 15th was long into the May batch already).

re9kicO.png

But no reason to trust anyone from HTC until I have a shipping code.

SoYou'reSayingThere'sAChance!.gif

Geedorah

US-East, X:03. PayPal.

Gets here the day I leave out of state... hope it makes it in before I leave to the airport, or this will be the worst vacation weekend ever.

Has there been any June estimations? I don't think I have seen any and I ordered about a week ago and got a May confirmation. Has it hit June for anyone yet?

libertytoast

Neo Member
Has there been any June estimations? I don't think I have seen any and I ordered about a week ago and got a May confirmation. Has it hit June for anyone yet?

Few reports of June pre-orders, but no concrete dates yet. Don't even have concrete dates for the April pre-orders at the moment.

Few reports of June pre-orders, but no concrete dates yet. Don't even have concrete dates for the April pre-orders at the moment.

Their site now lists June as shipping month for new orders. I guess I squeezed in to May just in time.

Oof Rift is August.

Qassim

Had a minor panic earlier today. Saw the shipment notice, got super excited, re-read the email and my confirmation email (back when I ordered) and noticed there was a line of the address missed off.

So it was just:

Person Name
Street
Postcode

Thought "Well.. that's that then, not getting my Vive for a while". But thankfully, called up DHL and they let me, with no real hassle add the missing line. I guess because they realised the address was incomplete and I wasn't actually changing where it was going, just giving instructions, that it was fine to do. He said it was updated and shipment won't be delayed because of it (should still arrive tomorrow).

Called up again 3 hours later to make sure it had actually changed, asked the guy on the phone to confirm the delivery address and the changes had been made. So I'm happy with that (and happy with DHL).

spekkeh

Banned
It's the worst launch of anything ever, together with Rift.

Coupled with the worst possible company managing orders and support.
I mean I've had worse. In the end it was 'only' one week later, and it seems to be moving at quite a decent pace now. I reckon a few more days till most of April part 1 will be shipped. It's just that the communication was horrendous. I really hope HTC stop using DigitalRiver.

Vic20

If you think HTC's handling of the shipment is poor, try using their "live chat" support feature, its like and asshole bot designed to make you laugh/cry!

It's the worst launch of anything ever, together with Rift.

Coupled with the worst possible company managing orders and support.

Now lets hope very few if none of us have to RMA our Vives because of lets see:

1) Chipped lenses

2)Velcro strap breakage

3)A Broken Controller

4) several of the USB chipset compatibility issues people seem to be having

I hear HTC support is an absolute "pleasure" to work with so far. Including in two random cases charging for the unit to be sent back for a repair. I'm scared.

I mean I've had worse. In the end it was 'only' one week later, and it seems to be moving at quite a decent pace now. I reckon a few more days till most of April part 1 will be shipped. It's just that the communication was horrendous. I really hope HTC stop using DigitalRiver.

As much as I hate to admit it, if they manage to ship all wave one by the end of this week, they'll be on schedule.
Still a shity launch though, especialy from a manufacturer like HTC

jdmonmou

Their site now lists June as shipping month for new orders. I guess I squeezed in to May just in time.

Oof Rift is August.

I pre-ordered Rift on Jan. 6th when pre-orders went live. The website said then I should get it by April. I finally got a shipping update this week that says it should ship in June.

I pre-ordered the Vive last week because I'm seriously considering canceling the Rift pre-order. The shipping date says May. I hope it stays that way and there are no nasty surprises.

I pre-ordered Rift on Jan. 6th when pre-orders went live. The website said then I should get it by April. I finally got a shipping update this week that says it should ship in June.

I pre-ordered the Vive last week because I'm seriously considering canceling the Rift pre-order. The shipping date says May. I hope it stays that way and there are no nasty surprises.

Same here, I preordered a Vive March 29th and got May, hoping for it! And I cancelled my Rift before they even updated shipping estimates, I pre-orded the 6th and was April so I probably would of been june.

As much as I hate to admit it, if they manage to ship all wave one by the end of this week, they'll be on schedule.

I just can't see it happening, they talk of 'weekly shipments' in their blog, with UK for example just having 2 good shipments, I'm in the 7 minute bracket and still waiting for HTC to take the money a 2nd time! It'll be end of next week or beyond till they clear wave 1.

A good article on HTC Vive shipment issues:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-04/13/htc-vive-delayed-shipments

So again, if your confirmation E-mail said April you will get it in April. Don't Panic.

Not to imply that I even believe HTC, but seriously the problem with these timeframes is that to the general population, April means now. It's April. We're halfway through the month. But to the company trying to deliver a product during April, "April" actually means "Hopefully you'll get a shipment notification by 11:59 PM on April 30th".

Reallink

Not to imply that I even believe HTC, but seriously the problem with these timeframes is that to the general population, April means now. It's April. We're halfway through the month. But to the company trying to deliver a product during April, "April" actually means "Hopefully you'll get a shipment notification by 11:59 PM on April 30th".

I honestly don't get what's so hard to understand about this. The issue is not (and has never been) the broad, boilerplate 4-6 week April estimate every company gives, it's the obvious and reasonable expectation they would ship out in the order received (as they stated themselves):

-Are orders processed and shipped in the order received?

We have a first in, first out policy for Vive order fulfillment. There were a small number of orders at the beginning of April that were processed out of sequential order. However, we have corrected the situation and all future shipments will be sent in the order in which they were received within each region.

That is the crux of every single complaint. Still to this day, they are literally drawing lotto balls out of an order tumbler. Given their statements, there is no excuse an X:10 order should already have a headset while an X:00 in the same state hasn't even received tracking (still happening today and yesterday by the way). I just do not get why the defense force consistently and continuously side steps the real issue, and tries to minimize HTC's blame with the same patently false/bullshit comments about "Bububu email just says April", "Still on schedule!" or "Delivery as promised!". No they're not, they amended the contract when they stated there was a FIFO queue, which by definition applies a granularity based on order time, and they have officially failed to deliver on it. Someone needs to update the script.

Not just small random screwups too. They've been pulling people in from May and June batches into the April shipping lotto randomly. They seem to have mostly fixed it after the first week but it still seems to be happening. I'd wager this is all on digital river and HTC can only call them for info.

Radnom

Not just small random screwups too. They've been pulling people in from May and June batches into the April shipping lotto randomly. They seem to have mostly fixed it after the first week but it still seems to be happening. I'd wager this is all on digital river and HTC can only call them for info.

I ordered mine on April 10 and I've been told it will ship in June. But does this mean it could potentially be shipped this month? If so I'll have to move some money around in my bank accounts from savings in advance just in case, I was planning on saving up the money over the next month hahah.

Wow, link? I haven't seen this online.

Has anyone in that situation confirmed theirs has shipped yet though? I'd like to know because I'm in this situation lol (April 1st order with April ship month).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
saw people yesterday saying they were in shipment 1 or 2 of a certain month, where are they seeing that?

Google 'how to check what vive wave you are in' or similar. There is an online form you have to fill in (different for US or Europe) that emails you details back.

But they've since changed their tune and said there aren't any waves and they are continuously shipping. Plus with all the mess ups I don't think it means anything anyway

mrklaw

MrArseFace
not looking good for this week either.

OR - Was told yesterday there would be some news 'soon' for kickstarters (apparantly they've shipped over half but it seems to have stalled).

Vive - Dan O'Brien tweeted two days ago that 'a lot of resubmits look to be in' for shipping, and I think I've only seen a couple. Heavy shipping to the UK yesterday and today, heading up to :09-:10 preorders and still nothing on cancelled ones.

jaypah

Happy that a lot of regulars in this thread have received shipping notices but sad that people like Mrklaw are still hanging in the breeze. I'm in the May shipment schedule but I'd love to see all of my April peeps receive theirs.

Is there any sort of confirmation before they decide to charge?

I placed my order the day they opened up and it said shipping in April at the time but I keep checking my email and bank account every day to see if there's a charge showing up when there should be some way to know when to expect it.

Wollan

Posted earlier in the launch thread but I received my shipping notice today. UK wave 1. Could have been delivered tomorrow but I rescheduled with DHL as I'm out of town for a few days.

Avaris

Neo Member
Is there any sort of confirmation before they decide to charge?

I placed my order the day they opened up and it said shipping in April at the time but I keep checking my email and bank account every day to see if there's a charge showing up when there should be some way to know when to expect it.

I didn't get a confirmation that the charge had went through until the day of delivery (11th).
My credit card had a pending charge, then it dropped off, then it was shipped, then I was charged between then and delivery.

Happy that a lot of regulars in this thread have received shipping notices but sad that people like Mrklaw are still hanging in the breeze. I'm in the May shipment schedule but I'd love to see all of my April peeps receive theirs.

It sucks big time! Then we have the problem of getting our free games, I can guarantee I'll have to chase them down for days probably.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It sucks big time! Then we have the problem of getting our free games, I can guarantee I'll have to chase them down for days probably.

Which is annoying as they are probably the three things I'm most anticipating playing

At midnight it'll be two weeks since they tried to take payment for my vive. And the end of the third working week since the Oculus Rift launched..

Zalusithix

Which is annoying as they are probably the three things I'm most anticipating playing

Well at least with the physical package, you can say screw it and buy the games regardless. Minor consolation, but still a better situation than not having the hardware itself.

Monger

Vive arrived today, but I won't get to set it up until I get home from work.

I received my steam code email yesterday. It went through, but for some reason Tilt brush wasn't showing up in my games list. I went to the store and it showed in library so I installed it from there.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Vive arrived today, but I won't get to set it up until I get home from work.

I received my steam code email yesterday. It went through, but for some reason Tilt brush wasn't showing up in my games list. I went to the store and it showed in library so I installed it from there.

Think it goes in your software list, not games. Steam is weird and needs better sorting options

Shoyz

I finally got my :02 shipped yesterday. I can't sign up for Fedex Delivery Manager, so I always figured I had to wait for the HTC email. But I got impatient and called Fedex for a manual lookup after another big wave yesterday, and they found it!

But funnily enough, I never got an HTC shipment email. So if I just sat around waiting for that, I never would have known it was coming. Mind you I can verify it now looking my order up on HTC's site as well.
And now I'm sweating about whether I'll get the email with my game codes, I really want to play Job Simulator right away.

Soi-Fong

I finally got my :02 shipped yesterday. I can't sign up for Fedex Delivery Manager, so I always figured I had to wait for the HTC email. But I got impatient and called Fedex for a manual lookup after another big wave yesterday, and they found it!

But funnily enough, I never got an HTC shipment email. So if I just sat around waiting for that, I never would have known it was coming. And now I'm sweating about whether I'll get the email with my game codes, I really want to play Job Simulator right away.

You should get it pretty soon. I got mine a day or two after the shipping notification from HTC.

Shoyz

You should get it pretty soon. I got mine a day or two after the shipping notification from HTC.

That's the problem! Chat said I could contact them 24H after delivery if I don't have it, either way. Just wished it could be my first experience on it.

Ever since DK1 days my #1 desired type of game was Rollercoasters, so I grabbed Chunks for the meantime. Minecraft aesthetic looks super good in VR and getting to design my own coaster will be great.

But the lesson of my story: Keep an eye on HTC order lookup, just because you never got a shipment email doesn't mean it wasn't shipped.

Top Bottom