• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive shipment delays/issues

deadfolk

That's the problem! Chat said I could contact them 24H after delivery if I don't have it, either way. Just wished it could be my first experience on it.

Ever since DK1 days my #1 desired type of game was Rollercoasters, so I grabbed Chunks for the meantime. Minecraft aesthetic looks super good in VR and getting to design my own coaster will be great.

But the lesson of my story: Keep an eye on HTC order lookup, just because you never got a shipment email doesn't mean it wasn't shipped.

Be sure to let us know what you think of Chunks once you get your Vive. I have my eye on this, too.

36HXtIn.jpg

&_&

taoofjord

Mine shipped earlier this evening, yay! Expected to arrive on Monday though (in MD). Any chance it'll come tomorrow? I'd kill to have it this weekend.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It is absolutely ridiculous how I don't yet have my Vive and other people who ordered later than me do.

But I have Dark Souls 3 and don't really care anymore, to be honest. My Vive will literally sit in a corner until I finish DS3.

Lach

I don't know how they still can say "if it says april, it's april". Two weeks to go and we kinda haven't gotten nowhere...

[edit] But yeah, with Dark Souls 3 the waiting has become easier to bear.

Animator

I don't know how they still can say "if it says april, it's april". Two weeks to go and we kinda haven't gotten nowhere...

Thats not true at all. Lots of people have been getting theirs.

Lach

good to hear. Wasn't aware of it.
I thought at least in europe they were still behind.

Still hopefull that my wave 2 delivery to switzerland makes it within the next two weeks.

Yeah, the pace since Monday has been crazy. Even reorders were going out today, so it sounds like they're nearing the end of wave 1 for April.

Good to know they're on track.

I'm really, really regretting my Oculus preorder. I wasn't swayed by the price of either, and would have totally blown an extra $200 on the Vive had I known how things were going to pan out. I really wish I hadn't had a weird sense of loyalty after owning DK1 and 2.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah, the pace since Monday has been crazy. Even reorders were going out today, so it sounds like they're nearing the end of wave 1 for April.

Oh this is good. Hopefully Europe gets some of that today, although wit the volumes they shipped weds/Thursday we might have to wait for next week now.

Nugg

For those still keeping track:

I just got my shipping notification and tracking from DHL. I'm in France, and I ordered via credit card about 2 hours and 15 minutes into the preorders, so pretty late by any ":0x" standard. No movement on my credit card account as of yet.

Good to know they're on track.

I'm really, really regretting my Oculus preorder. I wasn't swayed by the price of either, and would have totally blown an extra $200 on the Vive had I known how things were going to pan out. I really wish I hadn't had a weird sense of loyalty after owning DK1 and 2.
It felt odd, but having the dk2 just meant that the Rift died to me as soon as they revealed that the touch controllers weren't standard. Never have I flipped on a product so fast.

Zalusithix

I'm pretty sure most, if not all the VR enthusiasts on the PC early adopter train would begrudgingly accept the current shipping and billing issues (in either camp) rather than being forced to wait over half a year longer to maybe have a smooth launch. We've been chomping on the bit for VR for much longer on the PC side.

GameSeeker

You obviously haven't been paying attention to actual data. Go look at the Reddit Shipping Megathreads and you will see that HTC is steadily shipping Vive's to folks every work day. You can also look at: http://vive.lol/

HTC looks to be on track to meet the promised "if it says April, it's April".

Zalusithix

You obviously haven't been paying attention to actual data. Go look at the Reddit Shipping Megathreads and you will see that HTC is steadily shipping Vive's to folks every work day. You can also look at: http://vive.lol/

If they keep up the pace, the only caveat may end up being those that have "April" but were only given that estimate due to the bug with the order system allowing later orders to be slotted in way earlier than they should have been.

audio_delay

Neo Member
Maybe in NA, but in EU and UK i'm not too sure. I am, like many others, in the first wave of April, and haven't got any notification whatsoever, besides that "your order is being processed". Even if I get my order shipped, what about the people in the second wave. There is only a slim chance that they will get their's in april.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Maybe in NA, but in EU and UK i'm not too sure. I am, like many others, in the first wave of April, and haven't got any notification whatsoever, besides that "your order is being processed". Even if I get my order shipped, what about the people in the second wave. There is only a slim chance that they will get their's in april.

Since this week the delivery flow seems to be quite good also in EU. Looking at Reddit there are at least 500 Vives sent per day. A lot of European countries are now way beyond the 10 minutes mark in which most of the orders where made during the launch day. It should be fine.

Nothing here so far (Switzerland), though a friend of mine who lives a couple km from here and ordered around the same time the first day (06') got it today.

I'll write another annoying email to htc.

Can anyone measure the Vive box itself for me? I know the size of the shipping box, but I need to know the size of the Vive box itself minus that extra packaging. Thanks in advance.

Jams775

IT'S HAPPENING! from Ca, USA with a ~23 minute late order.

Just got an email:
We're about to finalize your order. Let's make sure it doesn't get delayed!

Please ensure that you've got the funds available in your debit or credit account.
If you forgot which card you used, or if you forgot how much your order total is, refer to your Order Confirmation Email.
We recommend that you call your bank or credit card company and let them know that you're expecting a charge from DRI*HTC CORP ORDERFIND COM MN, and that you approve.

If you paid via PayPal, we've taken funds out of your account already and your order will ship soon.

For more information, refer to this post on the HTC Vive Blog.

Thanks,
The Vive Team

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Also got my warning of a charge email.

Even though I have a May order, it doesn't stop me from religiously checking my emails hoping they messed up and sent mine out sooner. I can live in hope.

kaskade

Even though I have a May order, it doesn't stop me from religiously checking my emails hoping they messed up and sent mine out sooner. I can live in hope.

Same here. I'm at least hoping for an early May.

My grandparents are going to be in town since my sisters graduating and I'd love to see them try it.

Lunar FC

Since the OT is worthless I'll post this here:

How long after the pre-order authorization email does this thing usually ship?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Since the OT is worthless I'll post this here:

How long after the pre-order authorization email does this thing usually ship?

We don't know. It looks like these might be April wave 2, so could be any time from now until the end of April.

I also received the "charge warning" email last night as well so things could be looking up for April orders.

Did they send out an email like that last time for people that already received theirs units? I'm just wondering how long I have between them sending the email and actually placing the charge since I need to stop by my bank to let them know to let the charge go through.

sammex

I got the precharge email too. Rang my bank and they said you don't need to bother warning us but got them to add a note to my account anyway (Bank of Scotland).

charpunk

I also received the "charge warning" email last night as well so things could be looking up for April orders.

Did they send out an email like that last time for people that already received theirs units? I'm just wondering how long I have between them sending the email and actually placing the charge since I need to stop by my bank to let them know to let the charge go through.

Pretty positive the first wave people didn't get the same email.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Everybody received a processing e-mail some days before 5th of April. But this now seems to be a different kind of e-mail. And HTC has said that they will warn people before charging to avoid the big issues in the first wave, so I assume this is the warning for everybody to inform the bank about the upcoming charging.

Top Bottom