• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive shipment delays/issues

good start. Although if you take the money on Thursday, ship that fucker on Thursday or Friday.

And don't call me - I already told my bank ages ago, the last time you sent the payment request incorrectly. It would also be nice if they could process payment during daytime hours so we can react if the bank needs to contact us again.

So true, I don't even think my bank can even flag the payment to let it through, that's what they told me last time! Pot luck.

bj00rn_

Banned
Got an out of the blue shipment notification from DHL on my :08 order to Norway this morning.

CC with a disappearing pending charge.

simonski

Yeah, anything can happen really, just feels strange that my card was charged already if they're not planning to ship.

Was it charged immediately, or recently? Recently would be a good sign I suppose. (I'm Paypal, so get no such hints)

If you're in the US you should sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager. Tons of shipping notifications have been going out since last night, but people are only finding out because of FedEx.

I just received a phone call from HTC asking me to tell the bank they will take the money in 2 days, and they will ship Monday or Tuesday.......sigh but at least it's something (UK) +07 minute order.

Very interesting - I think I am slightly ahead of you in the queue :)

Offers some solace for uk pre-orders as they don't seem to have shipped any for a few days.

Monger

Just got my shipping notification from fedex delivery manager!

I had to do the cancel/reorder thing to change my card so that worked out ok.

My hold fell off sometime last week.

Qassim

None for me today, but I'm not really bothered - they're at least shipping UK orders seemingly out in some kind of order now so I'm really expecting to be in the next two batches of UK shipments.

Contacted HTC again asking why my order now states "april shipment - part 2" instead of "part 1".

Let's see what happens.

Terrible service.

(and Oculus has yet to ship my KS Rift, by the way).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Contacted HTC again asking why my order now states "april shipment - part 2" instead of "part 1".

Let's see what happens.

Terrible service.

just asking them about my cancelled order. Got the stock reply

Vive order fulfillment is on track without delays, so you don’t need to do a thing. Pre-orders began shipping on April 5th, as originally communicated. You can check your order confirmation email to find out when your order will be shipped. We are making weekly global shipments and every Vive is being sent out from our regional distribution centers Immediately upon receipt

load of bollocks

MilShap

Just got my shipping notification from fedex delivery manager!

I had to do the cancel/reorder thing to change my card so that worked out ok.

My hold fell off sometime last week.

What state are you in? What time did you order? Similar thing happened to a friend

Monger

What state are you in? What time did you order? Similar thing happened to a friend

I'm in New Mexico. I ordered early but didn't save the first email after my order number was changed. I would guess it took me between 5-10 minutes to complete my order with the different errors I was getting.

Lunar FC

I'm in New Mexico. I ordered early but didn't save the first email after my order number was changed. I would guess it took me between 5-10 minutes to complete my order with the different errors I was getting.

Rep the 505!

Let's see what happens.

Terrible service.

Why doesn't my order say what part I am in at all?

TheCrow

giphy.gif

It's a week later than what they told me but I can finally leave this thread for good! God speed to everyone else waiting.
disappear.gif

YuShtink

Tons of later US orders shipping today and my canceled and resubmitted :02 order is still no where to be found :(

At least I have my Rift to keep me happy until HTC decides to actually ship something in the correct order.

Tons of later US orders shipping today and my canceled and resubmitted :02 order is still no where to be found :(

At least I have my Rift to keep me happy until HTC decides to actually ship something in the correct order.

I know right? Hopefully we get the shipping soon.

Monger

Just got a FedEx email notification - but I truly have no idea if it's the VIVE or not (no emails received). Is this thing like, 3 lbs?

No, 19 or 20 lbs. Ships from:

BRIGHTPOINT NORTH AMERICA
PLAINFIELD, IN
US

I received my HTC email about 7 hours after Fedex.

Reallink

I'm legit dumbfounded that one week on, after that blog post, they are still shipping completely out of order. Shit if you can't fix it at least say so and disclose you're randomly dispatching from a batch or whatever (probably a jumbled bin of :00 thru :10 based on the pattern).

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
They should divert all shipments to the USA. Then everyone else can get theirs. Tech has been led by USA. Let us get ours first so we can continue to push the tech world.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So O'Brien on Twitter is saying they will be looking at resubmitted orders today.. About time. Not getting hopes up just yet though

T.O.P

Banned
So O'Brien on Twitter is saying they will be looking at resubmitted orders today.. About time. Not getting hopes up just yet though

Yay, no Vive for me this weekend

I was a xx:09 ffs, they could've continued for at least another day :(

artsi

Daniel O'Brien says that even queue jumpers should get theirs in April, if that's what the confirmation says (March 15th was long into the May batch already).

re9kicO.png

But no reason to trust anyone from HTC until I have a shipping code.

artsi

Or he doesn't know about queue jumping

Well no one got April dates on March 15th without jumping the queue, and he's been answering questions regarding that before so I doubt it :p

But either way what he's saying contradicts what he's said before, so I just won't believe anything.

simonski

Or he doesn't know about queue jumping

He must do, it's been a pretty big topic on twitter.

They're very bullish about these April deliveries - either orders dropped off significantly after the initial rush, or they're expected a huge amount of stock before the end of the month.

Either that or literally no one has any clue what they're talking about.

ps. someone on reddit worked out (based on DHL reference numbers) that 300 units shipped to the EU today.

Shinjica

Some other european Vive are blocked in Leipzig, Germany? My tracking say he's in transit from Germany since Yesterday morning.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
seems some movement this morning on European earlier preorders.

Still fuck all for resubmits though. Cheers Dan.

kinggroin

Banned
They should divert all shipments to the USA. Then everyone else can get theirs. Tech has been led by USA. Let us get ours first so we can continue to push the tech world.

Yes. This.

Should be the general rule of thumb for this kind of stuff.

;-D

GameSeeker

A good article on HTC Vive shipment issues:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-04/13/htc-vive-delayed-shipments

European customers have been particularly frustrated, with some seeing no sign of their Vive units even after pre-ordering on day one. HTC admitted to poor communication on this front, saying "while we previously committed to issuing orders sequentially, we should have been clearer at the beginning that this would be done on a country-by-country basis."

"We are shipping Vives from different regional depots, not from one single global location," the spokesperson added. "This means that customers will be sent units based on when they ordered them in their respective markets, not based on their global timestamp."

HTC said it was "shipping units globally each week", and that "volumes will increase each week", although there "may be differences between markets."

"This does not mean that we are out of stock and this will not impact our commitment to delivering all pre-orders confirmed for April delivery by the end of April."

So again, if your confirmation E-mail said April you will get it in April. Don't Panic.

Top Bottom