• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge protest going on in NYC (and DC) over Trump's anti-immigration order

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly the kind of leadership we need right now.

Protests are great... But we need fucking votes. Democrats simply can't afford to stay home again in the next midterm election.

If it makes you feel better, it's typical in America for the opposition party to make big gains during midterms. There's a reason why it's been almost a 100 years since Republicans had this level of control in the government. Trump sparking such an immense amount of outrage among the left is definitely going to provide a good incentive for people to get off their butts.

What I'm actually concerned about is local/gubernatorial races. Democrats need to stop thinking of only the WH and Congress and notice that the ground level is fundamental.

gcubed

If it makes you feel better, it's typical in America for the opposition party to make big gains during midterms. There's a reason why it's been almost a 100 years since Republicans had this level of control in the government. Trump sparking such an immense amount of outrage among the left is definitely going to provide a good incentive for people to get off their butts.

What I'm actually concerned about is local/gubernatorial races. Democrats need to stop thinking of only the WH and Congress and notice that the ground level is fundamental.

2 years is too far away

Good. Fuck Trump for trying to destroy stuff like DACA. There's no reason to do that other than pure spitefulness and we can't just roll over and take it. This needs to be called out loud and clear for what it is and we can't back down.

Izayoi

Banned
Is there a central location to go and look for protests that are planned/happening? There are so many now that it's hard to keep up.

Geist-

If Trump keeps doing what he's doing we're going to have protests every day for the rest of his term.

That's one way to energize the democratic base.

Would it be possible for liberal states to simply stop paying federal taxes? That way the sheep fuckers in the midwest and south get to pay for the walls and investigations they voted for?

UberTag

Happy to have this in my avatar if someone can help. I suck at this stuff. Thanks in advance.

I'd love one of those. It even goes with the XCOM theme!
uAm3D.png

If someone can photoshop it for me as well, I would join you.
Sorry I'm not equipped to throw together a transparent .gif with the RESIST banner for you right now but I can at least give you one without transparency for the time being.

8cA2GOE.png

I wish I was in NYC. Fuck Trump

Also I would love some resist on my avatar. Ironic as it may look.
WarMacheen.jpg

going to echo this
tumblr_nuv0cwPZrc1r47mefo1_500.png

ezrarh

Would it be possible for liberal states to simply stop paying federal taxes? That way the sheep fuckers in the midwest and south get to pay for the walls and investigations they voted for?

I'd fully support liberal states banding together to stop paying federal, social security and medicare taxes. We can sort that out on our own.

UberTag

Not from the U.S. (Canadian here, eh) but if it counts for a stand in solidarity, i'll lend my support.

image.php
Hey every little bit counts. I'm Canadian too, after all.

And we'll be having our own protests down the line. We had close to two dozen cities north of the border participate in the Women's March. We had busloads cross the border to protest in Washington DC last weekend. We'll be having more protests in Toronto, Vancouver and other major markets. And you had better believe we'll be flocking to wherever Trump decides to visit when he makes a trip to Canada.

This is a GLOBAL crisis... not just an American one.

Can someone resist me please?

95177e3e58.png

if anyone wants to add a RESIST banner to their avatar, get the banner here https://secure3.convio.net/gpeace/images/content/pagebuilder/Banner_870x215.jpeg

go to https://pixlr.com/editor/

go to File > Open Image or Image URL for the banner, go to Image > Image Size and shrink the width

Open your avatar, use the Move Tool from the banner's Layer to your avatar's Window or Canvas

edit:

952eb80808.png

95348c74a7.png

Thank you UberTag for coming up with the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom