• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE Sony 09 blowout - LittleBigPlanet PSP, Uncharted 2, Price cuts & more

Shadow780 said:
what makes you think these sites are free from those "discussions"?

you're talking to solid2snake...

don't worry, three/four days at max and he will get banned. again. for the fourth time in three months.

just let him do, before or then a mod will notice him and take care of him.

NekoFever

Two games isn't a franchise.

To me, a franchise is a game series that has gone beyond a couple of games; it's one that's big enough - or well-marketed enough - to have spin-offs and has crossed boundaries of genre and gaming generations. Mario is definitely a franchise, Halo is a franchise, Metal Gear is a franchise, Street Fighter is a franchise, Guitar Hero is a franchise. Some games are planned to be franchises from the start, like Dead Space (animated movie, etc) and LBP (merchandising, spin-off games, Sackboy as a mascot), but putting out a couple of games doesn't make it a franchise.

'Franchise' is and always has been marketing speak that's somehow left the spreadsheets and entered actual human language. I remember when people would be talking about the next game in the "Mario series", but now it's all about expanding the "franchise" or turning "new IPs" - there's another one - into new franchises.

God I hate marketing speak.

°°ToMmY°° said:

don't worry, three/four days at max and he will get banned. again. for the fourth time in three months.

You were always my favourite Power Ranger.

Narcosis

solid2snake said:
it's rumored that the next Kojima game is going to be multi-plattform. i would say ZOE3 on PS3 and Xbox 360. maybe Snatcher for Live Arcade/PSN.

Rumor was Kojima was talking to some FPS intensive western studios, in which case I;d have less reason to believe in ZOE3, even less than the fact that ZOE2 sold so poorly it was rare and out of print just a few months after release.

Igo

Tommy sucked. I was all about Billy and Zack.

Uncharted better damn well be a franchise. First game i've replayed since the original Mario.

°°ToMmY°° said:

oh, those bitter tears.

Rainy Dog

Enters thread. See's that nearly every other post is from someone on ignore list. Exits thread.

Should've known better I suppose.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
What is so bad about Uncharted 2? LBP psp? PS3 price drop, etc????

As a fan of the first Uncharted I am glad this game is getting a sequel and hopefully becomes a franchise for Sony. LBP and motorstorm for the psp is great nest because it means Sony is not abandoning the PSP and a Ps3 price drop is great for people still on the fence and waiting for a price drop.

Narcosis said:
Rumor was Kojima was talking to some FPS intensive western studios, in which case I;d have less reason to believe in ZOE3, even less than the fact that ZOE2 sold so poorly it was rare and out of print just a few months after release.

I would not be surprised if the game is Snatcher done FPS style.

Rainy Dog said:
Enters thread. See's that nearly every other post is from someone on ignore list. Exits thread.

Should've known better I suppose.

I know what you mean, I see a lot of blocked messages from WrikaWrek, so I am guessing he must be hurt by the news and here to spread FUD or just trolling.

FrankT

miyamotofreak said:
It's not being outsold by the 360...

Living in another world if you remotely believe that. Say this once more for good measure it is not merely MS that has stated they are outselling them in the region. With that said at least MS quotes their sources as reliable, i.e. GFK, ChartTrack, ect.

mabuza said:
Yep not to mention the price difference has been between $200-$300 for the majority of time since PS3's European launch.

MS is in deep trouble in Europe going into 2009.

Indeed, dire straights. :lol

womfalcs3

Banned
chandoog said:
so this news is reliable and all that right ?

Most of it seems common sense... except for the price cut news. No sane company is going to reveal a price cut 4 months in advance. Especially in the context of how the information in the article was obtained.

I don't doubt a cut is coming, it's that I don't believe Sony would tell the press this early.

dazed808

Jtyettis said:
Living in another world if you remotely believe that. Say this once more for good measure it is not merely MS that has stated they are outselling them in the region. With that said at least MS quotes their sources as reliable, i.e. GFK, ChartTrack, ect.

Do you and Wrika work these things in shifts?

womfalcs3 said:
I don't doubt a cut is coming, it's that I don't believe Sony would tell the press this early.
Worth mentioning that this isn't a press thing... it's an internal company thing. What we're seeing here (if it's reliable) is a leak.

Dragon

Banned
Psychotext said:
Worth mentioning that this isn't a press thing... it's an internal company thing. What we're seeing here (if it's reliable) is a leak.

It's been mentioned numerous times. People are too lazy to read.

FrankT

dazed808 said:
Do you and Wrika work these things in shifts?

Feelings hurt? Comedy gold this one. Have some reliables sources outside Nintendo, MS, ChartTrack, GFK, et al please feel free to add.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Jtyettis said:

Indeed, dire straights. :lol

I doubt you will ever post anything relevant to the topic, just here to spread more trolling filth. You and Wrikawrek do work in pairs.

WrikaWrek

Banned
neojubei said:
You and Wrikawrek do work in pairs.

Dude fuck everyone who just complains about other posters when they don't add shit to the topic.

At least i brought discussion, i didn't troll anything. Unlike some of you, that all you know to do is cry and cry some more. Just..... grow up.

FrankT

neojubei said:
I doubt you will ever post anything relevant to the topic, just here to spread more trolling filth. You and Wrikawrek do work in pairs.

Please, the facts are clearly out there now people can believe whatever Sony stat they want to put out there that doesn't mean it is anywhere near to truth.

Stop with your bullshit trolling as the OP actually contains those statements on performance.

womfalcs3 said:
Uncharted is the best game this generation, for me, so far, and I'm highly confident the franchise will be my favorite by the time this console cycle ends.

I completely agree with you man by far my favorite new game of this generation.

TheBranca18 said:
WrikaWrek I'm convinced you will argue about anything.

Im convinced Wrika never ever sleeps since there is not one thread that will go by that I
dont see him actively posting in, which is quite nice since he is so dang
entertaining.

dazed808

Jtyettis said:
Feelings hurt? Comedy gold this one. Have some reliables sources outside Nintendo, MS, ChartTrack, GFK, et al please feel free to add.

I don't give a shit about who's selling what and where, just get fucked off with threads descending into fanboy point-scoring at every opportunity and even with the worst offenders on ignore you can't escape the bullshit.

womfalcs3

Banned
Psychotext said:

I'm assuming somebody at the meeting told somebody in the press (The source was "tipped" off.). No low-level employee would attend such briefing.

Dragon

Banned
Everyone relax. The whole point of a message board is to interact with people who have different beliefs. Otherwise it would be a circle jerk.

womfalcs3 said:
I'm assuming somebody at the meeting told somebody in the press (The source was "tipped" off.). No low-level employee would attend such briefing.
Did you read the thread at all? The conference was open to all employees.

Forsete

Gold Member
vilmer_ said:
It's not the "Sony fans" that royally fucked this thread over. This whole forum is a total freak show.

Revenge for all those yeeeaaaars... /fanbot

Geez, if some of people are so annoying to you then put them on ignore so then the whole back and forth can't happen.

You should see my list. :lol
Sadly, the retards are still being quoted.

womfalcs3

Banned
Psychotext said:
Did you read the thread at all? The conference was open to all employees.

I read the article, then responded. No, I didn't go through the 100's of replies. My mistake for the factual inconsistency.

Top Bottom