• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble 2K Bundle

jph139

Eh, Bioshock 2 would be nice, always wanted to give that a spin... not sure it's worth $5, though. I'd be happy to take any dupes, though, ha.

Definitely not spending $20 for the whole thing, but I might bite if they add anything good in the second half. It'll probably just be Civ stuff, though, and I've got that already...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

LayLa

nice, original Bioshock was the only one I had before
quote this post for a link to a Bioshock Steam key

krae_man

Good on you for your generosity but holy shit people don't even have the decency to post if they claimed a game and to thank this person.

It's not necessarily a member who redeemed.

Don't understand gifting games that cost $1 anyway. Even the gifting "beat the average" games is a bit of a stretch IMO.

If anybody got a spare Spec Ops key, i'd be thrilled to have it. Heard good things about the story.

Edit: Wait. Will check humble-account for unused keys that you may wanna trade for.

Don't really understand the hate here. $20 for 8 games, plus whatever bonuses that get added doesn't seem bad at all. That's a great value for those who don't own most of the games.

Unfortunately, I already have everything except The Bureau and Mafia II, neither of which I'm terribly interested in. May jump in later depending on the bonuses.

Denton

One of the best bundles ever.

Proof:

I already own all these and finished them. Mafia 2 twice even.

(except Bureau, but nobody owns Bureau...and nobody cares either)

$5 and change for Bioshock 2, XCOM Declassified, Mafia 2 , Darkness 2 and Spec Ops The Line?

Yeah, I'm in. I already own everything else.

Damn, The Bureau for effectively free? And The Darkness 2? Plus, discount Bioshock 2. Been awhile since I actually purchased any of these.

Really good bundle if you don't have the games already. The Darkness II is awesome, Spec Ops: The Line is pretty great, and Mafia II was much better than I expected (Though, as I've said before, it made me appreciate LA Noire's Trip Skip feature). The Bureau was generally panned, but it should be worth a dollar.

oti

Banned
Bought it. Wonder what the extra games will be. Here's hoping for Top Spin 4.

It's not even out on PC :(

Great bundle. I own everything but the games in the lowest tier. :lol

Guess I can still upgrade for the BTA games when they add some more.

I own every single game in this bundle.

BioShock 1 and Infinite, The Darkness II, XCOM, and Spec Ops are all good.

Didn't like The Bureau.

Haven't played BioShock 2 or Mafia II.

Come to think of it, I think 2K might be my favorite non-hardware publisher right now.

Gloam

Mafia 2 is a great interactive storytelling experience.

Wonder if Borderlands 2 will show up? Too soon?

Guri

It's not $20 for BioShock Infinite and XCOM only. You get all of those games and can donate all to charity. I really don't see any problem.

You do realize that you can chose to give all the money to charity ? People being that cheap when they can at the same time spend money for a goof cause is disgusting.

Giving $20 to charity is great but if people wanted to do that they just would give it straight to a charity. The games are an incentive for people to do it. Money going to charity doesn't change that the extra games included in the highest tier (as in just XCOM and bioshock infinite) don't really seem worth $20 compared to previous bundles and the prices these games have been before. The whole bundle is a great price, though.

Edit: i do not mean the games themselves are bad or the complete thing isn't worth the money, just the $20 tier itself still seems a too expensive, if it was $15 that would be great.

Defect

I wanted to get The Darkness 2 on steam during the sale but it was too expensive. This is the first time I payed more than the average in a long time.

Buburibon

That's a neat bundle. Perfect for those who've just recently begun gaming on PC. If they manage to add a couple games I don't already own, I'll seriously consider it.

EdgeXL

I already have most of these on one platform or another. I spent $1 for a DRM-free copy of Bioshock and I may do the BTA tier if the bonus games intrigue me.

No way in Hell am I paying $20 for Xcom EU and Bioshock Infinite.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Giving $20 to charity is great but if people wanted to do that they just would give it straight to a charity. The games are an incentive for people to do it, but the ones included in this bundle are not really worth the $20 compared to some of the previous bundles and the prices these games have been before.

If Bioshock Infinite and X-Com arent worth the extra money for you, just get the BTA games or the ones below that. I dont get how people get angry about such an offer - where can you get all 8 games + the ones being added for less money right now ?

Swhalen

Done! I got the 5.25 tier. I already own Xcom and Bioshock Infinite but the rest of them I don't. I've been wanting to play Spec Ops: The Line!

krae_man

No point in keeping the extras, and there's always somebody who doesn't have the game in their Steam library.

Yes One group of gaffers spends $1 or $5 even though they already own some of the games in the library and another take free keys instead of paying the $1 or $5 themselves. I stand by what I said.

Alastor

I have all of these except Bioshocks. Always wanted to try them. I'm pretty broke right now... I'll think about this.

About the rest, only Xcom Declassified is... not so great. I stopped playing immidiately after I got to the first chest-high wall. I'm so tired of this mechanic it's not even funny.

Top Bottom