• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble 2K Bundle

Mafia 2 is a great interactive storytelling experience.

Wonder if Borderlands 2 will show up? Too soon?

There's no way Borderlands 2 WON'T be added. Probably BL2 and Civ 5, base games only.

Giving $20 to charity is great but if people wanted to do that they just would give it straight to a charity. The games are an incentive for people to do it. Money going to charity doesn't change that the games included in this bundle don't really seem worth $20 compared to previous bundles and the prices these games have been before.

Most of these games have been available for around $5 each before. Hell, everyone lost their shit over a $15 Bioshock 1/2/Inf bundle less than a year ago. I mean, if you own some of the games, fine, but getting 8+ games for $20 is great.

Yes One group of gaffers spends $1 or $5 even though they already own some of the games in the library and another take free keys instead of paying the $1 or $5 themselves. I stand by what I said.

What you said was that you didn't see the point. I told you what the point was. People give away cheap bundles and cheap games all the time.

Denton

Giving $20 to charity is great but if people wanted to do that they just would give it straight to a charity. The games are an incentive for people to do it. Money going to charity doesn't change that the games included in this bundle don't really seem worth $20 compared to previous bundles and the prices these games have been before.

8 (and more) extremely high quality AAA PC games "doesn't seem worth $20" these days?

What a sad, sad post.

FWIW, I really enjoyed XCOM The Bureau. It's like the shooty bits from Mass Effect combined with Roswell lore and although a bit janky great fun all in.

I am a huge XCOM dork and really liked this game. It's way better than the 60-ish metacritic score out there for it. I played it on Commander difficutly and had a great time with it. Some of the setpieces are amazing.

Meneses

I looked at the bundle and thought "that's cool, but I already own most of them".

But then I checked Steam and realized I don't have any of those games, wtf?

Bought (the $5 version).

rrs

Nice bundle, the $20 unlock is worth it for the very good XCom remake if you missed out on the sales for it.
Bioshock Infinite doesn't exist

Lain

I grabbed the BTA tier to secure the games added next week (which I'll already own I'm sure) and gave everything away because I already have all the games in the bundle. Not a bad bundle though.

Shiggy

I have Mafia 2 already (Was it available for free before? Why do I have it?). Not too much interest in the other titles, may get the $1 tier or wait till week 2.

Mithos

It's baffling how hostile people are towards Humble Bundles these days.

I bailed out when the keys started to autolock to my steam account, any way around this so I can get this bundle and "only" attach the games I need/do not have, and give the rest away?

LOLDSFAN

Eh they're doing that tier thing again.

Only games I own are the BioShock ones so I'm getting somewhat of deal BTA ~$5.

I bailed out when the keys started to autolock to my steam account, any way around this so I can get this bundle and "only" attach the games I need/do not have, and give the rest away?

There's a little "gift" icon next to every game. It gives you a link and you give the link away to someone else.

No kidding. Christ.

Seanspeed

Banned
Not a single god damn thing humble about asking $20 for a product. I know the games are good, and this has become regular practice of Humble Bundle, but they've really soiled the brand.
This is ridiculously depressing to read.

For one, $20 gets you EIGHT fucking games, plus more later, not just *a* product. And of course you seem to have lost sight of the charity side of this.

jph139

I have Mafia 2 already (Was it available for free before? Why do I have it?). Not too much interest in the other titles, may get the $1 tier or wait till week 2.

Somewhere (GMG, I think?) gave it and Civilization V away last year. That's how I got it, at least.

coopolon

That's a pretty crazy deal if you don't own those games.

I do own them all except the bureau, trying to decide if I want to throw a dollar or two at that.

Is the average going up or down?

EdgeXL

Well, when they had the RPG Maker weekly bundle the HB folks decided that would be a fine time to lock my account for security reasons. I had to wait for TWO WEEKS for a representative to even acknowledge me and another five days on top of that before they would unlock my account. I had to dig through a ton of old emails to find the transaction ID numbers for three randomly selected bundles they chose. Since I already had RPG Maker VX Ace on Steam I promised to give my key to a friend and she had to wait all of that time for me to be able to get the key.

Then about three weeks later they decide to lock my account AGAIN because they don't recognize my web browser- the very same browser I have been using since I bought this laptop in May 2013 and the one I always used when buying Humble Bundles.

If I seem a bit hostile towards Humble Bundle it is because their staff makes it very easy.

Shiggy

Somewhere (GMG, I think?) gave it and Civilization V away last year. That's how I got it, at least.

I see, that must've been it.

That will make it possible for me to add "only" Bioshock 1-2-3 to my steam account and give away the rest?

Depends on whether there are keys for individual games. If there's a key for every game, then it's possible. If there is a single key for all games, then it's not possible.

Bioshock 1 goes to the first person to grab the link.

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=2AweSY75kZUxvtf5

Thanks a lot!

topplehat

Well, when they had the RPG Maker weekly bundle the HB folks decided that would be a fine time to lock my account for security reasons. I had to wait for TWO WEEKS for a representative to even acknowledge me and another five days on top of that before they would unlock my account. I had to dig through a ton of old emails to find the transaction ID numbers for three randomly selected bundles they chose. Since I already had RPG Maker VX Ace on Steam I promised to give my key to a friend and she had to wait all of that time for me to be able to get the key.

Then about three weeks later they decide to lock my account AGAIN because they don't recognize my web browser- the very same browser I have been using since I bought this laptop in May 2013 and the one I always used when buying Humble Bundles.

If I seem a bit hostile towards Humble Bundle it is because their staff makes it very easy.

Yeah I get how that would be frustrating, I'm more baffled about people "complaining" about paying $20 for 8 or so AAA games.

manfestival

is it wrong that I find the whole pay 20 dollars thing on all these recent humble bundles to be stupid? I mean I usually pay around that amount for them anyways but I am just not a fan of that move at all

Yeah I get how that would be frustrating, I'm more baffled about people "complaining" about paying $20 for 8 or so AAA games.

A lot of the complaints at bundles are bit misguided. People often complain about bundles not being good value because they only want one or two games from them, but misses the point that in those cases bundles aren't what they should been looking at.

Top Bottom