• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hungry Man's New Chicken & Waffles Entree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodacious

Banned
Anyone ever eat here??

hSaViUG.jpg

Good stuff. I had chicken & waffles, fried corn, and their iced tea/lemonade drink. Only weird thing is, the chicken wings you get there are so huge, the chickens would have to be velociraptor size. I'm serious.

7kI2DHN.jpg

Silkworm

Maybe they were turkey wings? I've bought them before from the butcher and they tend to be pretty big especially in comparison to chicken wings but are damn tasty (though I didn't try to fry them) :)

UrokeJoe

The good news is people are catching on and there is trouble ahead for this so called food.

Campbell Soup CEO Denise Morrison pointed to the growing skepticism of large food makers that has resulted from consumers’ changing tastes as a key challenge for her industry.

The company, whose portfolio of products ranges from V8 juice to Pepperidge Farm cake to its namesake soups, has found itself grappling with big changes in consumer behavior, in particular growing interest in fresh food and consumers much more keen to know what impact what they’re eating is having on their health and where it’s from.

On top of that has been a “mounting distrust of so-called Big Food, the large food companies and legacy brands on which millions of consumers have relied on for so long,” Campbell CEO Denise Morrison said on Wednesday at the Consumer Analyst Group of New York meeting in New York.

http://time.com/3714572/campbell-soup-ceo-says-distrust-of-big-food-a-growing-problem/

Ah Hungryman dinners. They used to be my go to meal in college. The sodium is ridiculous though, and I haven't eaten one since.

Anyone ever eat here??

hSaViUG.jpg

Good stuff. I had chicken & waffles, fried corn, and their iced tea/lemonade drink. Only weird thing is, the chicken wings you get there are so huge, the chickens would have to be velociraptor size. I'm serious.

7kI2DHN.jpg

Went there once with my family driving from Chicago to Orlando. Was pretty damn good. We left at like 2AM, though, and the entirely of Atlanta smelled like weed until we got back on the expressway for some reason.

BobLoblaw

Banned
This is why I avoid ALL microwaveable "foods" and have for the last 10 years. I can't pronounce half of the shit on the label and the other half consists mostly of sodium and shit like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom