• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Irma threatens luxury Trump properties

KSweeley

Reuters reports that Hurricane Irma went over Trump's 11-bedroom Caribbean mansion and more of his properties are in the path of Irma: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...reatens-luxury-trump-properties-idUSKCN1BH35K

(Reuters) - Hurricane Irma swept over U.S. President Donald Trump’s 11-bedroom Caribbean mansion on Wednesday, the first of several luxury Trump properties threatened by the storm’s path.

It was not immediately known whether Irma damaged Trump’s beachfront Chateau des Palmiers, or Castle of the Palms, on St. Martin.

The situation was being closely monitored on St. Martin and at a number of Trump properties in Florida, Trump Organization spokesperson Amanda Miller told Reuters in a statement.

“Our teams at the Trump properties in Florida are taking all of the proper precautions and following local and Florida state advisories very closely to ensure that everyone is kept safe and secure,” Miller said.

While Irma’s exact trajectory remained uncertain, Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach - which has been called the “winter White House” and valued by Forbes at $175 million - could also take a hit.

At the Trump National Doral, an 800-acre golf resort in Miami that local media reported had completed a $250 million renovation last year, officials tweeted Wednesday that resort operations were going on as normal until further notice.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I don't really have anything to say about this so I'll just reiterate he's a fucking moron.

Monocle

Nature represents a direct threat to the Presidential Splendour of these properties. Our only choice is to nuke nature.

BigBoss

giphy-downsized-large.gif

While Irma's exact trajectory remained uncertain, Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach - which has been called the ”winter White House" and valued by Forbes at $175 million - could also take a hit.

while I wish the hurricane didnt even happen at all, if it's going to happen-please go in the direction of mar-a-lago

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is it too late for us to get someone to tell him it would be a bad idea to take a golf vacation at Mar-A-Lago right now?

Funny but not worth the lives or destruction to property of actually valuable people.

Yeah. Can't honestly celebrate it in any way because it's mere collateral damage in what is going to be a catastrophic event for Florida once it makes landfall.

Look at how our God is testing the savior of the American people just as he tested so many of his disciples thousands of years ago!

It's not really good though. Whatever you think of Trump, there will be people whose livelihoods depend on those hotels and resorts. Trump will get his insurance payout, the workers will lose the most.
Fuck Trump and his physical property but I hope the normal populace can pull through and survive this. Just to reiterate fuck Trump and his property but I do care about the normal people.

Is it too late for us to get someone to tell him it would be a bad idea to take a golf vacation at Mar-A-Lago right now?
You mean the best idea. The fucker should be stranded there with all emergency/evacuation protocols failed so he can experience climate change first hand. The only somewhat positive thing to came out of this

Arcia

Banned
All y'all hoping and praying for the destruction of Trump's property... you know he isn't gonna be affected by this, right? His ass won't be there, and he'll just funnel tax payer money into its rebuilding probably. Meanwhile, lives will be lost and homes destroyed of ppl who are there, and they won't be getting even half of the financial support in the aftermath.

So really this thread is just a good list of folks on GAF who I can mark as assholes who delight in human suffering, which is already a growing list after some of the smug 'those Texans had it coming for voting Trump (even though Southeast Texas votes blue)' posters during Harvey.

Hollycat

I hope his buildings are literally the only ones destroyed.
(With empty buildings of course)
Edit: screw it, just mess up his golf course greens or something.

Top Bottom