• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

Lkr

If you're in the Orlando area and bored, Disney World is looking pretty dead right now.

Jungle Cruise, the railroad, and Kali River Rapids are closed due to storm damage.
What's the point of animal kingdom if kali river rapids is closed though?🤔
Tbh it cant be any hotter at Disney than it is in my house right now

Neece

Power is back, tree was snapped in half in backyard but safe otherwise.
boeINoV.jpg

I ended up driving around yesterday to get some AC as well. My neighborhood was mostly fine but I ended up driving the hour south to where some of my family still lives and saw tree damage to my aunts old house and the playground me and my cousins used to play at when we were kids.

Some photos

7UQsc0c.jpg

GtbPfZX.jpg

x80FmUE.jpg

r9bpEro.jpg

2jpmqyI.jpg

Still no running water in parts of Brevard. No idea when it might come back either. I got power but lots sound me still don't. No internet of course too.

Lkr

Just got power back
Now I can bitch about the internet being down. You know it's nice to be able to live in my house again since it's unlivable without AC but I'm still just as bored here

Gaiesville has gone from 12,000 outages to 14,500 outages today. I'm back in St. Pete (Also no power), but it's no fun not knowing if you'll have power when you come home for class (Starts back Thursday)

Fro-

Neo Member
Is 8-bit hall of fame OK? The owner is a chill dude And he had to close shop and leave. His shop is on Bonita Beach road towards the beach across from where the hotels are.
Sorry, I'm not actually down there. I was hearing things through the grapevine.

I've never been to that place, but I'll stop by the next time I'm down visiting.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Still no power.

Got a generator, tried it on the modem and that's down as well.

Got a call from the company with an automated message telling us that a generator had been damaged and they were currently fixing downed power lines. Drove a bit around the city today, there's a fuck ton of downed trees, its gonna take a while to fix all of that. They said it could take a week yesterday and that seemed like an over estimate but not anymore.

Lkr

Still no power.

Got a generator, tried it on the modem and that's down as well.

Got a call from the company with an automated message telling us that a generator had been damaged and they were currently fixing downed power lines. Drove a bit around the city today, there's a fuck ton of downed trees, its gonna take a while to fix all of that. They said it could take a week yesterday and that seemed like an over estimate but not anymore.
The real kick in the nuts seems to be when you have power but no internet which is my life at the moment. My LTE has been worse than normal too, otherwise I would just pay for some extra hotspot bandwidth but that's not even worth it at the moment

Zackat

The real kick in the nuts seems to be when you have power but no internet which is my life at the moment. My LTE has been worse than normal too, otherwise I would just pay for some extra hotspot bandwidth but that's not even worth it at the moment
I will trade you so fast. I'll read some books. Having no AC when it is over 90 degrees is terrible.

Who knows when my power will be back

Comcast is fucked up here in Broward. Everyone I know with them has no Internet or phones working. We use them for our primary connection at work and it has not been working.

I have a local ISP at home thankfully.

witness

Welp fuck this we left our house, no AC with a child and a dog is just too damn much. I cannot keep them in a 83 degree house. Work is still cancelled since the office doesn't have power and school is closed until at least Friday in Orange County. They should just cancel until Monday and call this week a wash. I will live like a King and enjoy my electricity and AC tonight. Oh and fuck Irma and fuck Duke that said we will have power by Sunday.

DarkestHour

Banned

Same situation for me as I have power finally but no internet. I have a fun car I can drive and work on to keep my occupied but it is cold and rainy here. I'll stay inside and complain instead.

Finally I can post. Still without power in zephyrhills but I noticed better cell signal in the past hour. Finally I can get internet on my phone before I could only call and texts

Just got back from a great time at Disney Springs if anyone wants free air conditioning and good food. I get work off until Friday, woo-hoo!

Was able to get in contact with all my family and they are okay. My moms fence was damaged but other than that everyone got out unscathed after the power outages ended in Pasco.

So the EURO track has Jose coming right through SoFlo? Seriously? All other tracks seem to disagree, but the euro has been correct last two times now :(

Mindlog

Everything is sore.
All my utilities are back and most houses in the area are unscathed, but there are mountains of debris to be collected and cleaned up. The difference in what the area looks like in only a coupe days is pretty incredible. Almost completely back to normal.

lightus

Gaiesville has gone from 12,000 outages to 14,500 outages today. I'm back in St. Pete (Also no power), but it's no fun not knowing if you'll have power when you come home for class (Starts back Thursday)

Wow really? That sucks. I guess I was lucky to have my power back so quickly! What area is your apartment around if you don't mind me prying?

pestul

So the EURO track has Jose coming right through SoFlo? Seriously? All other tracks seem to disagree, but the euro has been correct last two times now :(
UKMET. All the other major model predictors have it hitting us in Newfoundland, Canada. :/

Just what we need after 8" of rain the past 4 days. It should be a week out from us though.

Linkura

How the fuck did it go UP now that the storm is over?

It's so good! That's what we wanted to do, but my 2-year old kept looking around and roaring, so I knew what we had to do!

T-Rex, then? :)

In st pete and just got power back. My house was fine. Honestly couldnt even tell there was a hurricane outside until about 11:00 or so.

Around 10:00 my shed tried to turn into a parachute though. It's thin aluminum with doors at both ends and the pressure and wind yanked open a locked door. Started tearing the sheet metal and it was obvious it was going to tear it all the way off and turn it into a dangerous projectile. Plus once the door was off I knew it would lift the whole shed up. I didnt have anything I thought would hold it shut until my wife came up with the idea to just pull my truck in up against it. At 10:30 the back door was forced open although it wasnt flapping around as wildly. So back outside to get a rain barrel out of the shed. Got it filled with water by 10:45 and edge wheeled it back over to hold the other door closed and thankfully that worked. That second door was an adventure. There arent any real breaks in between gusts at that point. It stops gusting and you run out and it is gusting again before you make it 5 steps. I expected everything to fall on me. It was like a movie. It was pretty awesome.

brerwolfe

My power in Clermont came on around 1p today, or, 30 minutes after I decided to leave the house and look for ice. Made me think I should've left earlier for ice if that's what it was gonna take to get AC again.

Also, yesterday was a perfect post-hurricane day. Awesome, cool breeze all day, decent cloud cover, no humidity. Felt great.

Smidget

Waiting for power in Seminole County. Read the same thing about Duke saying Sunday night. Hoping that's just a lie so when it comes back earlier we are all happy.

Top Bottom