• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

witness

Fuck, passed out and woke up and I was only asleep a couple of hours, power isn't restored (27 hours), and we are sweating our ass off. No seriously Irma, fuck you in Orlando.

Spinluck

In Ocala, over 24 hours without power.

Drove through the city and saw downed trees and power lines everywhere on the Northwest and Southwest side. So many downed trees resting on power lines too, they said some shouldn't expect power back 1 to 2 weeks in.

Feels bad man. Family is safe though, and some of my friends do have power so that's good. Like many have said, it could've been worse.

charpunk

Thankfully we only lost power briefly overnight, it’s been solid all day in Ocala. Everyone else I know in town has been without power still. My internet has been down, but at least I have AC. Cell reception has been down pretty much all day too.

DOWN

Banned
No power is making me so miserable. It’s fucking warm

Even worse is nowhere around my block lost power. No big damage and everything looks ok.

Loki

Count of Concision
I'm not sure how it's been historically during other, more "traditional" hurricanes, but after Hurricane Sandy, parts of Brooklyn did not have power for 3 weeks. So I doubt power will get restored within a day or two. If it does, great - but there are many challenges there.

Wensih

In line at Steak 'n Shake now. Long lines for drive thru and walk in. Worried about them running out of food lol

It's because your at Steak 'n Shake. There ridiculously slow. It took me 30 min to get my food last week and I was the third car in line.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Have to have the backdoor open to let in some air since it's way too hot otherwise but that means I have to hear my neighbor's loud generator running. It's like a lawnmower.

Please hurry the fuck up, power.

MrNelson

Banned
Made it back to Tampa about half an hour ago. Apartment is fine, and it doesn't seem I ever lost power for a significant amount of time judging by the ice bin in the freezer. Even have internet too, and my car seemed to make it through relatively unscathed, but I'll have to wait for morning to get a better look.

I had a friend stop by my parent's mobile home, and there doesn't seem to be any exterior damage. Hopefully my parents don't find any leaks or other internal damage when they get back. Thank God we got lucky with this one. I hadn't been this afraid about what was going to happen since Charley back in '04.

Zackat

I think I only slept like 3 hours. I can deal with the heat when I am awake but trying to sleep in this muggy shit is the worst. So damn humid.

My dad called. Power/water back on for Them since 8pm yesterday(southern Naples near Immokalee road). Need to boil water. No internet/TV yet.

I just want to say, thank you, to the men and women out there working on various utility lines to bring those back up so fast. I really appreciate all your hard work!!! Thank you so much for getting my parents their power and water back!!!

Thank you to the BGE(Baltimore Gas and Electric) workers who left Baltimore to help out people in Florida. You the MVP for our city!!!

Makki

What's the latest for a title update? I guess most pertinent would be related to power outages and whatnot?
Post-Irma updates - Chronicles of outages and swamp ass.

Add me to the list of the most miserable 2 nights of sleep of the year. FPL has no updates for my area.

Been about 36 hours without power in Coral Springs. Drove around the city and everyone seems to have power except for my neighborhood, another neighborhood and 2 apartment complexes. Not a single FPL truck to be seen anywhere in the city.

Did they get 3/4 of the way done and decide to leave? Like, did they dust off their hands and go "good enough" and dip?

My dad and family got home in Parrish from Jacksonville, they didn't lose power though they said the roads were pretty trash on the way back from Jacksonville. Lots of blocked and flooded roads and it was hard to find places that still had gas.

Lkr

Charging my phone in the car while waiting 20 minutes in the drive thru at McDonald's for breakfast
Hoping power is back at the house when I get home. If not, my gym is opening at 9 and I can shower there with the lights on!
Anyone in Oviedo: is the lake by the driving range on Mitchell hammock new?

This happened in my neighborhood. Literally every building around our complex had power back, but us and the other small complex across from us. Was bizarre.
Yeah, I checked around and every surrounding complex has power. Really frustrated. This really isn't coming on anytime soon now

FreezeSSC

Anyone having weird cell service issues? I only get LTE when I'm on a phone call how does that make sense? Been doing that since Irma.

witness

Charging my phone in the car while waiting 20 minutes in the drive thru at McDonald's for breakfast
Hoping power is back at the house when I get home.

We are doing the same but at a Burger King in Apopka near Altamonte. Been waiting in line for a cool 30 minutes now. People are about to blow up....

By the power of KUA! I HAVE THE POWER!!!

...yeah, the power just came back at 8:59 AM.

Picturing a pizza in a cone is making me want to puke lol no wonder it was accessible. Do you have pictures? If not, I gotta know if they shove ingredients in a cone shaped crust
I couldn't get any pictures since I just got regular pizza, but here's their Facebook page full of images: https://www.facebook.com/pizzaaconefl/

16388089_1856440394636496_2006595881405957063_n.jpg

Struggle calzones?
benwyatt-calzones-4.gif

Northern Miami-Dade

I was at my parents' house and went about 8 hours without power on Sunday. Internet only went down because the power did. Meanwhile, at my home, Comcast cut out Friday morning, before the storm, and is still not back on. Kinda funny.

All my windows survived without shutters or boards though. Lu-cky~

Top Bottom