• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Patricia, strongest east pacific hurricane, set to make landfall in Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cess007

Have some friends and family around there. Already contact them and seems they're OK. Hope everyone over there is safe!

BSsBrolly

Banned
Damn, I went to Puert Vallarta two years ago. I have had a vacation planned since June to go back. That's three weeks from now... All I can think about is the cab driver we had last time we were there and how we planned to contact him again. He has a wife and 4 kids, I hope he and his family stays safe (along with everyone else there).

Astral Dog

Not that far from here, i hope it doesnt cause much damage people need to be careful so thats where all that rain comes from...

Teemo

Banned
Has there been any mention of it going into the gulf and intensifying again and posing a possible threat to the u.s?

D-Man

Damn, I hope nothing goes bad while this hurricane goes through.

Stay safe, MexicoGAF! Tengan mucho cuidado.

Slacker

Has there been any mention of it going into the gulf and intensifying again and posing a possible threat to the u.s?

Everything I've read suggests that the mountainous terrain it's going over in Mexico will likely be the end of Patricia.

f0lken

So far 0 casualties according to state autorities. Let's hope it keeps that way.

I got to say, for all its shortcomings, we in Mexico are very well prepared for contingencies like this ever since the 1985 earthquake. I watched some scary footage with the wind and the trees and it scared the shit out of me. I hope in the end there is no catastrophe and everyone is well and healthy.

Konka

Banned
Everything I've read suggests that the mountainous terrain it's going over in Mexico will likely be the end of Patricia.

The remnants of Patricia will dump flooding rains on Texas and Louisiana, just because it's not organized doesn't mean there won't be significant rainfall from it in the USA in the coming days.

Ra\/en

Hurricanes have survived landfall before, and will survive it again.

In this case I think odds are strongly against, since (1) it seems like it will stay inland, and (2) it has to deal with some mountains. Even if it drifts back into the Gulf, there may not be enough left of it to do anything.

Eh ok fair enough. It just seems really unlikely to me, and somewhat unnecessary to worry about right now.

Konka

Banned
Eh ok fair enough. It just seems really unlikely to me, and somewhat unnecessary to worry about right now.

It is unlikely, but look at what Ivan did in 2004...That was even less likely!

Ivan_2004_track.png

kooplar

Guadalajara Gaf here to report a sad story. There were 2 birds taking shelter outside next to my window. I tried to open the window a bit to let then in since they couldn't really hold on , but the act of opening the window scared them and now they're in the tree up front :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom