• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Hypothetical] PSASBR2 Could Be the Series' Melee

I don't care how obscure he is, if you make a sequel to PASBR then you've absolutely got to have Kutaro from Puppeteer in there. Anyone's who's played Puppeteer knows what I'm talking about - he has got a move-set perfect for a game like this.

And I agree with the common sentiment to make it like Power Stone and have characters battle it out on a 3D plain. Power Stone is still my favourite fighting game anyway, so that design choice would be a dream come true.

And drop the super system. Just have big ass health bars like Power Stone.

mindsale

I don't care how obscure he is, if you make a sequel to PASBR then you've absolutely got to have Kutaro from Puppeteer in there. Anyone's who's played Puppeteer knows what I'm talking about - he has got a move-set perfect for a game like this.

And I agree with the common sentiment to make it like Power Stone and have characters battle it out on a 3D plain. Power Stone is still my favourite fighting game anyway, so that design choice would be a dream come true.

And drop the super system. Just have big ass health bars like Power Stone.

Totally forgot about that game - and I still own it proudly. I just wish the heads had more meaningful gameplay purposes.

Adding him to the OP.

Edit: Also added Chie from Persona 4. I think she's the most iconic and visually distinct character in that game (who isn't a bear).

Totally forgot about that game - and I still own it proudly. I just wish the heads had more meaningful gameplay purposes.

Adding him to the OP.

Edit: Also added Chie from Persona 4. I think she's the most iconic and visually distinct character in that game (who isn't a bear).

Yeah they don't affect gameplay in anyway, but think about the loot box possibilities!

You could also add Iota from Tearaway in the list.

- Fix the name

- Hire an actual art director

- Crash + Spyro

- I think just PlayStation Battle Royale would be okay.

- 100% this, and get someone competent to design the menus as well.

- Yep, and Dante, someone from Final Fantasy (Lightning, Vivi, Tifa, Squall; it doesn't really matter), Snake or Raiden from MGS, and any other PS1 & PS2 classic third party characters or series I've forgotten.

mindsale

Yeah they don't affect gameplay in anyway, but think about the loot box possibilities!

You could also add Iota from Tearaway in the list.

Good call! Added Atoi / Iota to the list. I know I'm overlooking indies and Japanese games. Who's the Blue Laser Lady from Valkyrie Chronicles?

Edit: Sylveria Bles.

Make it into a traditional fighter maybe? The only way to get kills with supers is just an awful idea and you can still dodge those supers. It should try to be its own game and stop trying to be a smash clone so much.
They can redo the roster and change the name. Hardly anyone cares about PSBR as it stands now.
Give it to Bandai Namco, ArcSys or Capcom. Sony doesn't know how to make a fighting game.

mindsale

Make it into a traditional fighter maybe? The only way to get kills with supers is just an awful idea and you can still dodge those supers. It should try to be its own game and stop trying to be a smash clone so much.
They can redo the roster and change the name. Hardly anyone cares about PSBR as it stands now.
Give it to Bandai Namco, ArcSys or Capcom. Sony doesn't know how to make a fighting game.

As a matter of personal preference I dig platform fighters over dime-a-dozen quarter circle punch fighters. And they've got an established brand. If Battlefront 2 can get me jazzed for it when Battlefront 1 has the same Metascore as the original PSASBR, PSASBR2 can be a Melee.

Added Sam Fischer and Gabe Logan to the OP.

mindsale

PSASBR2 should be a 3D fighter. After all, the PS was founded on 3D.

I just can't think of many (any?) decent contemporary 3D fighters. When was the last Virtua Fighter, Virtual On, Toshinden, Bushido Blade? 3D fighters are so 90's. ARMS kind of qualifies I guess, but it's not an especially compelling style of Fighter.

Edit: Power Stone for that matter.

Top Bottom