• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: character trailer #17, Zant

J@hranimo

Banned
This is the most gracious thing I have ever witnessed.

image.php

Really though, this game is gonna be fun as shit. Cannot wait.

Jawmuncher

I won't be messing with that guy.

Also I just want to say thanks for posting ALL of the links every time we get a new thread.
I slowly end up rewatching them every time.

OMG! Zant is so awesome! He's my favourite Zelda villain so I was naturally really excited when he was announced as playable for this game, but dammit he looks more fun than I thought he'd be. If Tingle was playable I'd no longer be on the edge about this game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I won't be messing with that guy.

Also I just want to say thanks for posting ALL of the links every time we get a new thread.
I slowly end up rewatching them every time.

Just watched the Impa naginata again because its so awesome

Doorman

I'm so, so very glad that they went with total psycho Zant and not the boring, brooding personality that he exhibits through most of Twilight Princess. I remember feeling like I was in the minority when I talked about how much more interesting he became as a character after his breakdown, and now that looks to be very, very well represented.

Definitely planning to use him a LOT.

L Thammy

what a strange dude

You should read his book, Critique of Practical Reason.
EDIT: Wait, that doesn't work. I'm probably the only one who calls him "Immanuel Zant" for no reason.

I'm so, so very glad that they went with total psycho Zant and not the boring, brooding personality that he exhibits through most of Twilight Princess.

I thought that was supposed to be a facade? You see this guy who seems like he's your standard, badass dark villain. Then he turns out to be a ninny who doesn't really know how to fight, but was just really powerful due to some plot device that I don't remember right now.

I'm so, so very glad that they went with total psycho Zant and not the boring, brooding personality that he exhibits through most of Twilight Princess. I remember feeling like I was in the minority when I talked about how much more interesting he became as a character after his breakdown, and now that looks to be very, very well represented.

He's entire characterization is why he is one of my favorite villians. He really is emotionally unstable but his reasons still had a dark logic to them. He's relationship with Ganondorf was wonderful.

Vanpira

You should read his book, Critique of Practical Reason.
EDIT: Wait, that doesn't work. I'm probably the only one who calls him "Immanuel Zant" for no reason.

I thought that was supposed to be a facade? You see this guy who seems like he's your standard, badass dark villain. Then he turns out to be a ninny who doesn't really know how to fight, but was just really powerful due to some plot device that I don't remember right now.

TP was basically a mid timeline's ALttP(There are many more examples of this, Link lives with a guy you could say was his uncle. He gets his first sword from him when he he is injured. Link goes to Hyrule Castle dungeon, this time being saved by the princess(Midna) instead. He collects 3 pendents, and other things like that. ), and Zant was Agahnim. He got his power from Ganon in exchange for being his(Ganon's) way of escaping form his imprisonment.

Tookay

Agreed.

Always liked that he was a psycho pretending to be a badass. Gave him some depth.

Hiltz

Zant's moveset is as kooky as he is. Very cool. This game has me excited even though I've never been a fan of Dynasty Warriors before. If reviews are good, then I'll cave it and get it once I can afford a Wii U.

L~A

Loving his moveset and just the insanely nuts vibes he's throwing in every fucking direction!

moisvo.gif

For some reason, I really prefer that hand thing, compared to Lana's walljumping. I mean, look how he moves his body along with the hand, ha ha.

To be fair, the player got very little interaction with Zant up until the end of the game. And that one scene right after the 3rd temple wouldn't make much sense (and would lose all impact) if his true personality had showed up.

As someone else said, his characterisation in the game was fantastic.

Dr. Buni

Zant is amazing, from a design and personality perspective. I wish he wasn't so underused in the Zelda series. I absolutely loved when he went cray cray in Twilight Princess.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Are you usually playing with all the characters? I'm trying to understand the complains about the number of characters. Because for me it's already enough that I want to play with Zelda, Lana, Impa, Ruto and the bad guys (girls
- Cia especially
). I'm not even sure I want to play as Link, maybe just with the Power Gloves for the cool turn the world upside down thing).

It already feel like they are quite a lot of characters and it will be tricky to chose whom to play with and where.

I understand the complain if you don't find the existing characters appealing, but then it's not about numbers either.

NEO0MJ

Surprised she doesn't make an appearance in the game...

Optional secret boss.

Are you usually playing with all the characters? I'm trying to understand the complains about the number of characters.

As it was already mentioned 15 characters is pretty low as far as warriors games are concerned but that number is standard with the licensed ones. Hopefully they made these characters' movesets interesting enough.

Pejo

Out of all the characters I've seen so far, Zant sadly looks like the most likely to get interrupted during his moves (if they actually allowed being hit on these trailers). Shame too because he was one of the ones I was looking forward to.

NEO0MJ

Out of all the characters I've seen so far, Zant sadly looks like the most likely to get interrupted during his moves (if they actually allowed being hit on these trailers). Shame too because he was one of the ones I was looking forward to.

Yeah, there were several instances during the trailer where enemies were supposed to hit him but he was protected.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I think it's a shame that the game takes so much from Twilight Princess.

Would have much preferred characters from Majora's Mask and bosses like Agahnim or Vaati.

Would have much preferred characters from Majora's Mask and bosses like Agahnim or Vaati.

Anything pre-OoT would be amazing. Some of us like the older games too, Nintendo!

As for MM, I'm still 100% about it happening. Incidentally, denial is the first stage of grieving.

Dr. Buni

I would easily trade fucking Agitha for a Majora's Mask playable character, like Skull Kid with the Majora's Mask or Fierce Deity.

Top Bottom