• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: character trailer #17, Zant

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
As it was already mentioned 15 characters is pretty low as far as warriors games are concerned but that number is standard with the licensed ones. Hopefully they made these characters' movesets interesting enough.

I get that, but my question goes beyond this. Do people play usually with more than 15 characters for one game?

As it was already mentioned 15 characters is pretty low as far as warriors games are concerned but that number is standard with the licensed ones. Hopefully they made these characters' movesets interesting enough.

Yeah but you can't compare Hyrule Warriors with Dynasty Warriors.

Out of all the characters I've seen so far, Zant sadly looks like the most likely to get interrupted during his moves (if they actually allowed being hit on these trailers). Shame too because he was one of the ones I was looking forward to.

Him and Ganondorf, yeah. Hopefully he'll have a second weapon, though it looks like he won't.

I get that, but my question goes beyond this. Do people play usually with more than 15 characters for one game?

What do you mean? I play as all the characters. They're the reason the games are fun. I play as all the characters over and over again. Key difference between Hyrule Warriors (few characters) and Warriors Orochi 3 (130+ characters) is that every character in HW is unique and looks like real fun to play, while the characters in WO3 are generic, boring and have minimal movesets. So it's different from game to game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Now hopefully people realise he was always crazy and him removing the mask in TP wasn't when he lost the plot.

Mknzy

Wow he looks crazy fun, I can't wait to play him ^_^ Honestly there really isn't a character that I am NOT looking forward to trying out at least, even if I will likely fall into using the same 3-4 frequently.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I had no idea people thought this...

I remember one of the criticisms of TP was that Zant went from brooding serious antagonist to wacky weirdo. It was quite obvious he was always odd and he was just putting on a front.

Dr. Buni

Really? I am tired of reading people complaining about Zant's sudden "change of personality" in TP. Also, apparently being a stoic boring D-tier villain is better than being a fun cray cray weirdo one like Zant actually is.

Anyways, can't wait to see Ghirahim's trailer.

zroid

Banned
I remember one of the criticisms of TP was that Zant went from brooding serious antagonist to wacky weirdo. It was quite obvious he was always odd and he was just putting on a front.

Really? I am tired of reading people complaining about Zant's sudden "change of personality" in TP. Also, apparently being a stoic boring D-tier villain is better than being a fun cray cray weirdo one like Zant actually is.

Anyways, can't wait to see Ghirahim's trailer.

I tend to stay away from Zelda fans for obvious reasons, so I guess I was out of the loop for that one. But yeah it seemed logical to me he was actually insane; the fact he was a puppet strengthened that.

L~A

As I already pointed out before, you don't really get to see much of Zant until the very end of the game. So it's not that surprising to me.

Exactly. Makes me him an even better villain, imo.

L~A

There's some scans of the artbook on the web (won't post them here because... ya know,.. scans), but they apparently had a Female Link in the works.

I wonder if we'll end up with a female Link in the sequel. Or even in Zelda U. Would love to have the choice.

Don't forget that Musou games usually have some way against interruptions on attacks, and some already come with hyperarmor anyway. The real struggle will be mitigating damage on the latter on higher difficulties, and that's where his knockbacks come in, at least I assume.

He definitely seems like high-tier material if he can keep up his musou build and have a way of keeping enemies by him instead of just blowing them back all day.

Dr. Buni

There's some scans of the artbook on the web (won't post them here because... ya know,.. scans), but they apparently had a Female Link in the works.

I wonder if we'll end up with a female Link in the sequel. Or even in Zelda U. Would love to have the choice.
I would buy a Wii U for Zelda U if a female Link was available in the game.

DVCY201

Dunno if this is worthy of a new thread, or if it's already been posted, but Fem Link concept art is in the Hyrule Warriors Art Book in Japan.

Removed link, because I have no idea if it's allowed! You can search for it though.

I'll just post the link, in case no one wants to get spoiled though.

Z3M0G

Loving his moveset and just the insanely nuts vibes he's throwing in every fucking direction!

vqcsla.gif

moisvo.gif

Wow, do any other recent Dynasty games do anything this cool??

Man I really want Amiibo based on Hyrule Warriors but at this point i'd even take some Gashapons.

The game just looks so good they have to do something.

DVCY201

So anyway, is it safe to say that there are no hidden characters now? Surely there would be info on the internet if there was.

Read the last few posts before posting :)

Woops. Thanks for being so nice about letting me know, I only skimmed the topic!

Wait, should I remove the link? Ahh, I know Famitsu scans aren't allowed, but are camera shots?

RPGCrazied

Yeah, what I expected, Zant in always on edge. :p I wish you could play without the helmet, one of his moves it goes away for a split second though.

Top Bottom