• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC detailed - Link's Awakening, PH, Spirit Tracks, ALBW

MAtgS

Oh man, another LA idea popped into my head:
LA_-_Owl.png
His special move could be dropping the entire fucking Wind Fish on the battlefield, crushing everyone.

Don't worry, the beauty of the Link's Awakening Shopkeeper will remove the sadness from your hearts once he's debuted and your owl/Marin dreams are crushed.

NeonZ

16 new My Fairy costume pieces
The “Master” Wind Waker map for Adventure Mode with one new adventure battle scenario

Summer 2016: Link’s Awakening Pack (DLC Pack 2)

A new map for Adventure Mode with two new challenge battle scenarios

Autumn 2016: Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack (DLC Pack 3)

A new map for Adventure Mode with one new adventure battle and two new challenge battle scenarios

Winter 2016: A Link Between Worlds Pack (DLC Pack 4)

15 new My Fairy Costumes
A new map for Adventure Mode with one new adventure battle and two new challenge battle scenarios

After checking the main game again - "Adventure Battle" are those battles that use a full stage area. Challenge battle are the ones that use only part of a stage, with various areas locked or inaccessible. Considering how they were highlighting those there... could it be that we're getting 3 new stages too with those "new adventure battle"? Coincidently, the Link's Awakening pack, and so it'd the hardest to use as inspiration for a new stage, would be the only one without a completely new stage if I'm right about this.

SirNinja

So...wait, I'm confused by this. It looks like the new season pass for Wii U just contains the new characters. But doesn't the 3DS version come with a voucher for exactly that? What's the difference? Or is it just for Wii U owners who aren't picking up the 3DS version?

Ryce

So...wait, I'm confused by this. It looks like the new season pass for Wii U just contains the new characters. But doesn't the 3DS version come with a voucher for exactly that? What's the difference? Or is it just for Wii U owners who aren't picking up the 3DS version?
The 3DS version comes with a voucher for the Legends Character Pack. The new Legends of Hyrule Pack (season pass) is completely different.

Legends Character Pack ($12.99) - contains Linkle, Toon Link, Tetra, King Daphnes, Skull Kid, and Ganondorf's trident weapon

Legends of Hyrule Pack ($9.99) - contains Link's Awakening Pack, Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack, and A Link Between Worlds Pack

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the US DLC plans, why is the first pack not mentioned? I only saw the three with new characters.

EDIT: Mistaken.

Ryce

Marin is probably the prediction that I'm most confident about. She's the second most prominent character in Link's Awakening (she's practically its version of Princess Zelda), and she'd embody the spirit of that game better than anyone else.

Fun fact: Marin is the only Zelda character with a trophy made from scratch in Melee. The rest are model rips.

Jackano

Any guess on Linkle's new weapon?
I was thinking the slingshot at first, but must be redundant. (and Lana got one in a special move. And Saria will eventually need it too).

Since this LA's pack, looking at LA items not in HW already:
Shovel, or something wilder, like a magnifying lens, or some seashells, if you can fight with that.

Ryce

I was thinking the slingshot at first, but must be redundant. (and Lana got one in a special move. And Saria will eventually need it too).

Shovel, or something wilder, like a magnifying lens, or some seashells, if you can fight with that.
The most sensible option is probably the Thunder Drum or a different instrument. I'd bet on the Thunder Drum since it's linked to a specific element and because holding a drumstick in each hand fits the aesthetics of her dual-wielded crossbows.

NeonZ

It could be the seashell sword - or whatever is the name of the lvl 2 sword from Link's Awakening. She could mix it up with random items or comical mistakes during her moveset, to make it more unique, like mixing it up with Roc's father or the Pegasus Boots for some attacks.

What does it mean by my Fairy costumes?

latest

Customizable fairies that give boosts and one extra attack in battle.

Astral Dog

It could be the seashell sword - or whatever is the name of the lvl 2 sword from Link's Awakening. She could mix it up with random items or comical mistakes during her moveset, to make it more unique, like mixing it up with Roc's father or the Pegasus Boots for some attacks.

latest

Customizable fairies that give boosts and one extra attack in battle.

ooohh,those look kinda weird, but interesting they give you more abiities

Neiteio

Yeah, characters and weapons are the same between both versions.
Nice. I mainly like replaying favorite missions at this point, so new characters and weapons is all I want.

Including Medli, how many new characters will these new packs add? How big will the final roster be?

Ryce

Including Medli, how many new characters will these new packs add? How big will the final roster be?
The Legends Character Pack adds 5 characters (Toon Link, Tetra, King Daphnes, Linkle, Skull Kid), the season pass adds another 4, and then there's Medli. So that's 10 additional characters compared to what Wii U users currently have.

There are 29 characters in all, plus a bunch of extra weapons that are technically unique characters in and of themselves.
  1. Link
  2. Zelda
  3. Sheik
  4. Impa
  5. Ganondorf
  6. Darunia
  7. Ruto
  8. Agitha
  9. Midna
  10. Fi
  11. Ghirahim
  12. Zant
  13. Lana
  14. Cia
  15. Volga
  16. Wizzro
  17. Twili Midna
  18. Young Link
  19. Tingle
  20. Toon Link
  21. Tetra
  22. King Daphnes
  23. Linkle
  24. Skull Kid
  25. Medli
  26. Link's Awakening character
  27. Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks character
  28. A Link Between Worlds character 1
  29. A Link Between Worlds character 2

Neiteio

The Legends Character Pack adds 5 characters (Toon Link, Tetra, King Daphnes, Linkle, Skull Kid), the season pass adds another 4, and then there's Medli. So that's 10 additional characters compared to what Wii U users currently have.

There are 29 characters in all, plus a bunch of extra weapons that are technically unique characters in and of themselves.
  1. Link
  2. Zelda
  3. Sheik
  4. Impa
  5. Ganondorf
  6. Darunia
  7. Ruto
  8. Agitha
  9. Midna
  10. Fi
  11. Ghirahim
  12. Zant
  13. Lana
  14. Cia
  15. Volga
  16. Wizzro
  17. Twili Midna
  18. Young Link
  19. Tingle
  20. Toon Link
  21. Tetra
  22. King Daphnes
  23. Linkle
  24. Skull Kid
  25. Medli
  26. Link's Awakening character
  27. Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks character
  28. A Link Between Worlds character 1
  29. A Link Between Worlds character 2
Nice!

I'm gonna guess the remaining characters are Marin, Linebeck, Ravio and Yuga.

SkyOdin

Nice!

I'm gonna guess the remaining characters are Marin, Linebeck, Ravio and Yuga.

I think that list is very likely, but there is a good chance that it could be Phantom Zelda in place of Linebeck. At the same time, there is also a chance that Phantom Zelda could technically be a Toon Link weapon, which would immediately free the spot up for Linebeck again.

Neoxon

Oh thank god, the Wii U will get the characters, as well. A shame that Wii U owners won't get the new maps. I also had a feeling that they would offer the Legends characters as separate DLC for the Wii U at some point, but I'm glad that it was confirmed.

NeonZ

With seemingly no Oracles, Minish Cap or Four Swords related content in this season pass, in spite of the portable focus, I really think Koei is just holding a grudge against Capcom due to the patent trolling incident.

Rizzi

Best guess for LA character would be Richard, the frog prince.

Has a sword, frogs would be a part of his his moveset, & he originates from another game which Koei could pull ideas from.

That.. could work. The game he was from originally was an Intelligent Systems game right?

boiled goose

good with gravy
No maps for wiiu? Ugh pass.

Wtf. Bought all previous dlc but cant have the the complete version on wiiu.

Would have insta bought it.

I dont care about characters if I have nothing new to play.

For Link's Awakening, I expect to see a "classic" version of Link, with moves based on his abilities in that game:

latest

Link's Awakening doesn't really have any other noteworthy characters that lend themselves well to Hyrule Warriors. Marin is the only other character that is remotely popular enough, and she has zero moveset potential at all. Putting in an established character and then giving them a moveset that isn't based on anything at all just seems pointless.

For Link's Awakening, I expect to see a "classic" version of Link, with moves based on his abilities in that game:

latest

Link's Awakening doesn't really have any other noteworthy characters that lend themselves well to Hyrule Warriors. Marin is the only other character that is remotely popular enough, and she has zero moveset potential at all. Putting in an established character and then giving them a moveset that isn't based on anything at all just seems pointless.

That's already a costume for Link. It basically looks exactly like that.

That's already a costume for Link. It basically looks exactly like that.

That's just a costume. They could go all-in and change the artstyle to a cartoonish or even some kind of pixellated version.

Or just reuse that same costume, but give it a unique moveset. I still think that's more likely than getting any other character from Link's Awakening.

TreIII

This is Koei's Omega Force team, though. Even forgetting their own offbeat/unexpected picks for Zelda Musou like Agitha and the upcoming Medli, being able to surprise is the kind of thing they do in their own games, such as Dynasty Warriors.

If someone has enough imagination to make Marin "work", they'll do so. Or maybe they'll pick from anyone of the game's other off-beat characters and make them into a part of the roster, like the Shopkeeper, Crazy Tracy (also appeared in Captain Rainbow), Richard or friggin Mamu aka Wart.

That's just a costume. They could go all-in and change the artstyle to a cartoonish or even some kind of pixellated version.

Or just reuse that same costume, but give it a unique moveset. I still think that's more likely than getting any other character from Link's Awakening.

They made a move set for a talking boat.

I'm sure they can find someone from LA to make a move set for.

Toon Link and Young Link stand on their own. Young Link is basically a playable Hero of Time, likely the most well known and popular Link. And Toon Link is basically his own character at this point. Both were also playable in Smash Bros.

Even Nintendo just treats "Classic" Link more or less like a different art style Toon Link, these days. Smash has been consistent with this since Toon Link started with his classic alt colors, but even Triforce Heroes turned Link Between Worlds Link into Toon Link. Four Swords Adventure as well has Toon Link filling in as Classic Link.

Wow, I had no idea that the Wii U version was going to be getting a handful of new content! I'll definitely be buying up anything I can for it.

I do wish that there were new levels for the Wii U, though. Hopefully the new characters are varied enough to make up for it.

Yuga with a paint mechanic would be more interesting than Hilda with... whatever she would do.

It'd be nice to have another villain as well.

Ravio seems totally obvious as the second Between Worlds character. Hopefully him being a greedy little coward comes across in his moveset.

Top Bottom