• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors : official website opens, new screenshots/artworks

georly

Looks completely awesome. I'm loving some of the environments and the use of color:

02_01.jpg

These pictures remind me of world of warcraft for some odd reason.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
To be fair, Link is the main character of this game while in Smash 4 he's merely one of the many characters focused on.

It makes sense there'd be a bit more effort put into his design in a game where he's the prominent lead (and I don't even mind the Smash 4 look).

Kyzon

It's gonna be hard for Zelda U to top these designs. They're out of the world.

Has there been info on if characters will speak or not?

Anteo

That Impa looks like a cross from OoT Impa and SS Impa. I dont remember SS Impa standing animation being like that, while OoT Impa has almost the same animation when she is talking about the death mountain. Pluse white hair vs golden hair..

JDSN

Banned
They have done an amazing job with those designs, the main series ones while great and full of variety have always being shorta plain.

I really like the idea that Impa and Shia have a connection. The tan skin, white hair and the orange feathers have me convinced.

But what about the gameplay?

Off the top of my head:
-equip-able weapons to change how characters play
-multiple playable characters
-Z-targeting is in
-Link has his spin attack
-Bombs are usable on enemies and possibly for environmental puzzles too
-Weapon & character upgrade system of some kind
-2 player mode where one person plays on the TV, while one plays on the gamepad.

Isotope

Shia looks a bit like Twinrova IMO:

uL8blzdl.jpg

86qnSlcl.jpg

Their hair is white, they both wear robe-like attire, and on their helm, they both have a gemstone-like style on their head (Twinrova's is one, while Shia has two).

And of course, their breasts are similar.

georly

What does that even mean? How is this alienating players?

Because only people 12 and under like boobs, I assume. Sex only sells to prepubescent boys. Also, everyone over 12 should be mature enough to automatically hate anything with gratuitous cleavage.

Gets him clicks, I guess. Good for him.

tanooki27

i'm not a huge dynasty warriors fan but this game looks better and better. if it's decent, it'll be another solid reason for me to pick up a wii u.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Because only people 12 and under like boobs, I assume. Sex only sells to prepubescent boys. Also, everyone over 12 should be mature enough to automatically hate anything with gratuitous cleavage.

and don't forget that this is the first and only and last female villain in a Zelda game having boobs clearly visible too!

Hindl

Gets him clicks, I guess. Good for him.

I just don't get how this is the game he's criticized for this. I'm sure there's tons of games he's supported that are worse than this one character. And it's passing over the incredibly well-designed and tasteful Impa design

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I never cared for this, these screenshots and artworks made me jump on the hype train, and I don't even like DW gameplay

also,
shia_ss01.jpg

I just don't get how this is the game he's criticized for this. I'm sure there's tons of games he's supported that are worse than this one character. And it's passing over the incredibly well-designed and tasteful Impa design

Can't see the forest for the trees. Seems typical of people like him.

BuggyMike

I'm on my school's computer and they block damn near everything. I'm reading all these posts about how good the new screens look and all I see are watermarks :'(

vgamer1

These pictures remind me of world of warcraft for some odd reason.

That's because WoW was designed to have a ton of people everywhere (wide pathways and open areas and the like) and this needs the same sort of design for all of the enemies.

Deku Tree

Off the top of my head:
-equip-able weapons to change how characters play
-multiple playable characters
-Z-targeting is in
-Link has his spin attack
-Bombs are usable on enemies and possibly for environmental puzzles too
-Weapon & character upgrade system of some kind
-2 player mode where one person plays on the TV, while one plays on the gamepad.

It's playable at E3 so hopefully we'll see then.

Looking forward to learning more about it.

Top Bottom