• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors : official website opens, new screenshots/artworks

DNAbro

Jim Sterling seems really excited for it...I think. He also really loves dynasty warriors.

AYiQ8zb.png

he said they were excitement poops so yeah.

georly

Tadakatsu Honda + Lu Bu + Volvagia + A lance = Valga the Scorching Berserker?

You're speaking gibberish to me. :) I'll take it that you meant that this is a good thing.

Can't WAIT for the E3 trailer now. Can't WAIT to see treehouse play this. I really hope showfloor impressions are good. I'm also hoping the 'Nintendo Touch' makes this the best dynasty warriors game, too. I can only imagine what input miyamoto has for it.

Bulzeeb

Getting really excited for this and I don't even have a Wii U.

you can fix that with the upcoming mario kart 8 bundle ;)

Back on topic, damn I am so buying this game, its funny how I was reluctant to play any musou game until the moment they used a franchise I really like

That actually makes a lot of sense when you factor in the detail of the mask.

I still wouldn't say it's a super close fit though, especially compared to Volvagia/Valga

wow nice catch.

The third locked playable character is probably Princess Zelda if i had to guess, can't wait to see how her art looks.

Really wish they weren't using the Skyward Sword Bokoblins. One of my least favorite monster designs in the series history, and they were fucking everywhere in Skyward Sword.

So these three antagonists (or perhaps just Shia) are possibly Dark Interlopers? Their lore is one of the most interesting in the Zelda series, and I do hope they develop it more, if not in this game then the next main Zelda.

georly

That actually makes a lot of sense when you factor in the detail of the mask.

The eyes on the mask look like a combination of the Babusu and Geldman from Alttp

Babusu:
Babusu_ALttP.png

Babusu.jpg

Geldman
GeldmanFSA.png

The waviness of the white eye part reminds me a bit of aghanim's eyes, as well as Ganon's, AND blind the thief.

120px-Agahnim-ALTTP-Sprite.png
ganon3.gif
OrangeBlind.png

AND all the shadow bosses from Link's Awakening
Agahnim%27sShadow.png
Shadow5%28Lanmola%29.gif
ShadowofGanon.png

But even moreso of Pandora's Eyes from KI:U
Pandora_Art.png

So im gonna assume Shia had a psycho Maleficent-esq personality considering she overthrows the kingdom because of highschool level problems (Maleficent did all she did because she didnt get invited to a party, and she was still a great villain). Otherwise this plot is just gonna be too dumb.

So im gonna assume Shia had a psycho Maleficent-esq personality considering she overthrows the kingdom because of highschool level problems (Maleficent did all she did because she didnt get invited to a party, and she was still a great villain). Otherwise this plot is just gonna be too dumb.

She's obviously controlled by Ganon

Gartooth

Don't really see a need to get hyped for this game yet. Playable Impa sounds cool but that's about it. Don't like the character designs in this game, they're overly complex and look like they came out of modern Final Fantasy. Shia is especially a terrible design and even worse given that she is one of the main antagonists.

Besides of these stupid bokoblins from Skyward Sword, the art direction of the game is fantastic. I'd like to see Zelda U take a similar direction

I think this is how 90% of us feel. It's amazing how zelda can tug at our heart strings.
They could make a zelda dating game and i think I would buy it.

Also:

hngggggggg he has a lance too. Favorite zelda enemy.

Konami to announce Zelda Love plus

With Zelda, Shiek, Impa and Shia as love interests, bonus character Samus.

Tom_Cody

Its zelda u, meltdowns everywhere
On that topic, the art style of Hyrule Warriors increases my confidence that Zelda U is going to look more like Wind Waker and Skyward Sword than Twilight Princess.

Putting this art style in HW serves the purpose of appeasing fans who prefer that style.

Top Bottom