• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like they could/should patch it to make them balanced the way they are in the 3DS version.

NeonZ

I have ALL my characters lvl 104 and I STILL have problems with those maps and the damage taken

The terrible balancing of the Twilight Princess and Termina maps are the sole reason I haven't completed them. Some of those levels are clearly balanced around level 200 or even level 250 characters, but there's no good way to earn that many levels for everybody. I want to complete those maps eventually, but as it is, I boot up the game every so often to grind levels for a couple characters and then leave because getting everyone up there is incredibly boring. :|

It's not that bad, but I did have to take almost all characters that had character exclusive missions on the hardest areas of the TP map to level 130-140. Still, that's just for dealing damage, I still took a lot of damage from simple attacks, sometimes going past the damage limit in two hits.

It's not that bad, but I did have to take almost all characters that had character exclusive missions on the hardest areas of the TP map to level 130-140. Still, that's just for dealing damage, I still took a lot of damage from simple attacks, sometimes going past the damage limit in two hits.

I find A-ranking everything on those maps frustratingly difficult until around level 200 at minimum. Some of the missions are way easier and can be done 50-100 levels lower, but on the hardest ones, often your damage output is so pathetically low compared the the defence of the enemies that it just takes way too long to defeat things, making you run over the 15 minutes or simply leaving you more open to being hit due to being forced into the enemy vicinity for such a greater amount of time, where every hit does absurd amounts of damage until you're up around level 200.

I've played Hyrule Warriors for 250 hours. I'm a slow gamer, so I've only completed the first Adventure Map and I'm halfway through the Master Quest one.

I decided to quit months ago, but every now and then I feel the urge to play this again, so I come back and play it for a few hours. I've given up on 100% the game long ago, but since I'm always coming back to it, I think I might eventually do it... in 2036 :p

Amazing game. Unbalanced, grindy, but very fun.

Dreavus

The terrible balancing of the Twilight Princess and Termina maps are the sole reason I haven't completed them. Some of those levels are clearly balanced around level 200 or even level 250 characters, but there's no good way to earn that many levels for everybody. I want to complete those maps eventually, but as it is, I boot up the game every so often to grind levels for a couple characters and then leave because getting everyone up there is incredibly boring. :|

Agreed.

The master quest map seemed fine for the most part but those two are on another level. It's almost like they skipped ahead a too far and expected people to have much higher level characters by then.

I only have link at 110+ the rest are around 60-90 IIRC.

I'm a huge Zelda fan, but never paid attention to this one. Thought of buying it a couple of times but I don't have much time to play so I decided not to.

My 6 years old boy was on youtube after I showed him the new Zelda U trailer and he asked me if we can get this game..

fueled by the Zelda hype I said, wth, let's get it. And I'm IMPRESSED!! the game is really good and so much fun to play. I have no idea what are the modes or anything we just went into the first mode and just enjoying the game.. Can't wait to explore the other modes once my son calms down lol.. he won't let go of the controller

It is also worth mentioning that I was a fan of PS2's Dynasty Warriors

So happy with my purchase. . .

MANUELF

Banned
I'm a huge Zelda fan, but never paid attention to this one. Thought of buying it a couple of times but I don't have much time to play so I decided not to.

My 6 years old boy was on youtube after I showed him the new Zelda U trailer and he asked me if we can get this game..

fueled by the Zelda hype I said, wth, let's get it. And I'm IMPRESSED!! the game is really good and so much fun to play. I have no idea what are the modes or anything we just went into the first mode and just enjoying the game.. Can't wait to explore the other modes once my son calms down lol.. he won't let go of the controller

It is also worth mentioning that I was a fan of PS2's Dynasty Warriors

So happy with my purchase. . .
You bought the WiiU version right? If so, if you want an ammount of content so large that you will never complete it then buy the hero of hyrule pack on the eshop

You bought the WiiU version right? If so, if you want an ammount of content so large that you will never complete it then buy the hero of hyrule pack on the eshop

Thanks.. I'll finish what we have first then look at DLC's

I already got tons of "unlocked" notifications the first time I booted the game, at least 15-20 of them

Neiteio

Is Marin out this week on the WiiU in the U.S.? I might have a friend over on Fri who loved LADX. He's never seen Hyrule Warriors (or musou in general), so I'd love to hand him the controller and say, "See what Marin can do." ;-)

MANUELF

Banned
Is Marin out this week on the WiiU in the U.S.? I might have a friend over on Fri who loved LADX. He's never seen Hyrule Warriors (or musou in general), so I'd love to hand him the controller and say, "See what Marin can do." ;-)
Out this thursday alongside the 3ds characters

TheMoon

why aren't you following the Downloads thread :D

shaowebb

Huh...why isn't Medli a lightning character so that they get damage perks for air combos? Thats all they do with the air cancels. Hyrule warriors makes no sense with the elemental balance at all...

How can I unlock the Master Sword's skill? it says kill 25k I'm sure I did

Master Sword (full power) Complete Legend Mode on any difficulty and unlock every single weapon in the game. Then, defeat a total of 25,000 enemies with the Master Sword.

How can I unlock every single weapon int he game?

Kinsei

Banned
How can I unlock the Master Sword's skill? it says kill 25k I'm sure I did

How can I unlock every single weapon int he game?

In adventure mode you'll see squares with swords on them, that means there's a weapon to unlock in that level. Get all of them and the skill will change from purple to red. Once it's red you need to kill 25k enemies with the master sword.

Huh...why isn't Medli a lightning character so that they get damage perks for air combos? Thats all they do with the air cancels. Hyrule warriors makes no sense with the elemental balance at all...

It is strange. I guess they didn't want both harp weapons to have the same element.

OmegaFax

Marin is a lot of fun. Her attacks have a nice radius and the combos feel very satisfying to pull off. She reminds me of Bell Kirby from Kirby Triple Deluxe.

The 3DS Adventure Mode map is really neat. The gimmick is collecting the instruments and waking the Wind Fish. The Grandpa Ulrira item activates phones which reveal enemies on the map. Really can see myself getting into this over the weekend.

NeonZ

Are there ANY stages that use the new characters? I guess the old DLC maps and even story mode are kind of set in stone already.

Do you mean in the Wii U version? Yeah, there aren't any stages specifically for them. You can only use them in free choice stages or co-op.

Is there any benefit of finishing the game on higher difficulties?

I just got the base game and don't want to rush into any DLC's before getting the most out of it and not to get overwhelmed by the content all at once

I have the Wii U version

Yeah, not sure if getting the new DLC is worth it. No new maps, and they might just make a new version for NX with all the characters. Once all DLC packs is out I'll decide if I'll get the season pass or not.

NeonZ

Is there any benefit of finishing the game on higher difficulties?

I just got the base game and don't want to rush into any DLC's before getting the most out of it and not to get overwhelmed by the content all at once

I have the Wii U version

You'll need to play through hard at least later in order to get the 2nd set of Gold Skultullas from Legend mode once you finish it once. Aside from that, if you want some challenge out of Legend Mode, playing through it on hard from the start is recommended. Drop the difficulty if you end up finding it frustrating though.

NeonZ

??????????????????

nintendo's actually retarded.

thanks for locking out maps from the wiiu version

It's not just a matter of "locking out maps". They'd need to make the new stages and/or stage variations with Wii U assets, and also the new enemies and mechanics, like own statues and selecting multiple characters. For whatever reason, they seemed to consider that it wasn't worth it.

TheMoon

??????????????????

nintendo's actually retarded.

thanks for locking out maps from the wiiu version

yea by all means call them retarded instead of actually informing yourself about the game and how Legends uses different gameplay mechanics that would require rebalancing the maps for both versions independently.

Top Bottom