• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Geez people, go easy on him. Nothing wrong with bumping the thread a bit and reminding us about this. I hadn't checked it out as it dropped during a busy period for me and I had forgotten, so the reminder was appreciated.

Haha, chill out, I don't know why he reacted that way to my comment, I just thought he missed that thread and didn't think anyone acknowledged that Classic Link was added.

Haha, chill out, I don't know why he reacted that way to my comment, I just thought he missed that thread and didn't think anyone acknowledged that Classic Link was added.

Nah, don't worry, I'm not angry. English is not my native language, so at times I may give the wrong impression.

I hate you all

^_^

Platy

FINALYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

TikHltq.png

Just started playing the game this past weekend. I like it, but need some help... I can't get past Volga on the Skyloft level. I've tried 5 times and he just destroys me. My Link is currently level 10 or 11. When I watch walk-through videos for Skyloft, the people playing are like at level ~20 and even have gear I don't have yet. They certainly don't play any better than I do, but with their added health and damage they seem to just spam their way past Volga, making it look easy.

Does the game require a certain level of grinding to keep progressing? Should I go back and replay a few of the previous levels first for xp and materials?

I do like the game, just not sure I have the patience for that.

Just started playing the game this past weekend. I like it, but need some help... I can't get past Volga on the Skyloft level. I've tried 5 times and he just destroys me. My Link is currently level 10 or 11. When I watch walk-through videos for Skyloft, the people playing are like at level ~20 and even have gear I don't have yet. They certainly don't play any better than I do, but with their added health and damage they seem to just spam their way past Volga, making it look easy.

Does the game require a certain level of grinding to keep progressing? Should I go back and replay a few of the previous levels first for xp and materials?

It's been so long since most of us played the game now, but iirc there's absolutely no grinding required. Remember to use rupees to keep all your characters up to speed. Leveling up to 20 with rupees should be cheap, and leveling goes fast in the beginning. You shouldn't have to do any grinding at all.

Razmos

Use it as an opportunity to master dodging and blocking. If you are fighting one on one, keep blocking, dodge out of the way of their attacks to get closer, and abuse their weak points.

It's been so long since most of us played the game now, but iirc there's absolutely no grinding required. Remember to use rupees to keep all your characters up to speed. Leveling up to 20 with rupees should be cheap, and leveling goes fast in the beginning. You shouldn't have to do any grinding at all.

Fair enough. Maybe I'm just missing some of the mechanics like you mentioned. Thanks.

NeonZ

You're talking about Volga after he's weakened, right? There's an event in that stage where Volga powers up, and you aren't meant to beat him at that point.

You're talking about Volga after he's weakened, right? There's an event in that stage where Volga powers up, and you aren't meant to beat him at that point.

No, right. I got that. After he goes down, he powers up, after which I go to the fairy and trigger the event. Then when I go back to him he still takes me down. I just can't seem to dodge anything - especially his dragon-form kamikaze crash. And when he does open himself up for combos, it's for a very small window of time.

Like I said, for the walk-through videos I watched, they certainly weren't doing anything different than I've been doing; they were just able to power through him.

Kinsei

Banned
For Volga just mash the attack button. After he blocks enough he counters with a really easy to dodge attack that reveals his weakpoint. You should be able to get him into an infinite loop pretty easily. If he gets out of it by using his dragon attack run away far enough so he can;t reach you with the diver bomb and then resume the loop after he returns to the ground.

Well, I played again tonight. Leveled up my Link to 16 or so, spent a few more rupees in the Bazaar, and then went back and easily beat Volga - doing the same stuff I was doing the other night. So, yeah, I think before I was just too low level. It made a huge difference when I could now deplete his Weak Point gauge within one combo. I wasn't able to do that the first time.

Now if I can just get over the presentation of Japanese girls constantly going "UHH HUUH", I may just finish this game.

It took me 210 hours, but I cleared the first adventure map. Then I started playing the Master Quest map, but after clearing the first row, I think I'm done with Hyrule Warriors.

This is easily my most played game in years and I had a lot of fun with it. It was a total surprise to me, since I had never played a musou game. In the future, when I think about the Wii U, I'll probably think about HW first. Thanks for this thread, OP, and thanks to everybody who posted here. Playing HW while talking to you all was very fun!

Zekes!

I just got this game. It's the first Musou I've played in years.

I keep seeing people say they've put 100 hours+ into this.

What am I getting myself into

TheMoon

I just got this game. It's the first Musou I've played in years.

I keep seeing people say they've put 100 hours+ into this.

What am I getting myself into

triple digits happen if you get into adventure mode and don't just stop after finishing the story.

Greddleok

I put 100 hours into this then my save got deleted when my girlfriend tried to use my WiiU hard drive on her PC.

I don't know if I have the drive to start again.

Zimmy64

Played this game for about 80 hours in November/December, put it down, and last week picked it up again. I think I'm relapsing. I have all the DLC put didn't play most of it (although I did make some progress on the Standard Adventure Mode map). Just saw that they're adding more then just Tetra/King of Red Lions in legends so I guess I have to pick that up to (hopefully character progress transfers over).

Razmos

Posted this in that other thread but it belongs here too:
The scans are out there and available now.

Thing to note:
  • Toon Link uses a sword and shield, it looks like the sword is charged with lightning? He also uses a hammer in another picture
  • Helmaroc King boss
  • What looks like 3 different maps (combat maps, not adventure maps). Forsaken Fortress, Windfall Island and Dragon Roost Island
  • The standard mooks on those maps are the Miniblin
    200px-Miniblin.png

(please tell me they don't make the noises they do in Wind Waker. that x1000 would just be hell)
  • In one of the screenshots you can also make out another enemy which I don't recognize from Wind Waker. It carries a mace
  • Definitely the biggest thing here. The Wind Waker story content IS coming to the Wii U version. There are pictures of Tetra on Windfall Island in a Wii U cutscene, and another picture showing Dragon Roost Island and Forsaken Fortress. The scans officially label those pictures as being on the Wii U.
  • There also appears to be a new feature in the 3DS version revolving around Owl Statues.
  • And there is also a picture of Link playing the Golden Ocarina, seen at the end of one of the trailers. It's a new item!

But I haven't finished the Twilight and Majora's Mask maps! I can't stand grinding rupees from Gohma glitches to level everyone up! Forget you! Yes I'll buy it! I'm crazy!

daydream

Banned
so, all the new stuff is coming to wiiu, cool

i really like the game but i wouldn't know what to do with a second version, i got like about 2 years of content left in the wiiu version

Posted this in that other thread but it belongs here too:

Sounds cool, the only thing you got wrong is the Wii U. Or not wrong, just misunderstood. We always knew it was coming to Wii U; it was confirmed on day one. The thing is, so far it's only confirmed for those who purchase the 3DS version, and not as a stand-alone release.

Man, Dragon Roost Island and a remix of that music really would be amazing.

NeonZ

Sounds cool, the only thing you got wrong is the Wii U. Or not wrong, just misunderstood. We always knew it was coming to Wii U;

Nope. Previously, they had only confirmed that the Wii U would get the new characters. This was the first time they indicated that the Wii U would get the new story and stages too.

Razmos

Nope. Previously, they had only confirmed that the Wii U would get the new characters. This was the first time they indicated that the Wii U would get the new story and stages too.
Yep, that's what I meant. We knew the Wii U version was getting the characters but it was unclear if we were getting ALL the content.

Also more stuff:
From the Hyrule Warriors Subreddit:
There will be more unannounced characters: 彼ら以外にも、新キャラクターはまだまだ多数登場予定だ。 roughly translates to "To them even, a number of new characters have yet to appear." Them is referring to Tetra, the King of Red Lions, and Toon Link as they are discussed in the previous sentences. The sentence after goes on to further confirm that past DLC characters will also be included.

Also confirmation about the Golden Ocarina item, It IS a fast warp:
Translation from the top right paragraph on the 4th page: "When you blow the ocarina a huge tornado will whisk you away to a stone statue that you have examined before." The last part of the paragraph is a little confusing to me but I believe it states that it may become a necessity to use this travel method during time restricted missions.

Quoting myself:

It took me 210 hours, but I cleared the first adventure map. Then I started playing the Master Quest map, but after clearing the first row, I think I'm done with Hyrule Warriors.

Please forget about all that crap, I'm back ^_^ I can't wait for the new content!

I keep getting a disc read error with this game. Whenever I select a mission, it gives me 150-1031 and tells me to clean the disc, even though it's spotless. The disc won't work on othet systems, and other discs work just fine with my system. Has anyone else had this problem, or have any advice?

Platy

Almost finishing Master Quest map and I have to say ... I have NO IDEA how you people not playing Co-op do it.

It must be IMPOSSIBLE to do some adventure maps stuff alone =O

In Co-op is very hard even with one dude chossing an overpower character

TransTrender

Gold Member
I just gave up on this game this week and now it looks like more content is coming? Ooh man, soo many games have been neglected...

Still didn't unlock the Master Sword skill, still missing three primary character 3rd level weapons, still missing most of the villain 3rd level weapons. Master quest and Twilight are almost cleared (90%) but Termina is damn hard.

bobohoro

After playing Pirate Warriors 3 and Samurai Warriors 4 I have to say that I appreciate Hyrule Warriors even more, in hindsight. Endgame and longevity is way better than both games for me, and the battle system can stand on even terms as well. And that is achieved with the first entry in a subseries.

Will probably wait another few months before I jump back in and play around with all the remaining DLC and maybe even get the 3DS version, I guess my save file might grow well beyond the 200 hours mark over the next year. Such a great game.

Still didn't unlock the Master Sword skill, still missing three primary character 3rd level weapons, still missing most of the villain 3rd level weapons. Master quest and Twilight are almost cleared (90%) but Termina is damn hard.
Termina is like the inverse of the twilight map. In twilight enemies did way too much damage while in termina they have way too much defence (and grinding won't help as there seems to be an attack cap on these stages). It is a bit unreasonable to do a level in 15 minutes when you need to not just make the boss appear but break its WPG several times to finally KO it. It is mainly why I completely shelved the game.

So, are we expecting a Wind Waker DLC pack for £6.29 then?

That would be a bit too generous methinks, how many new characters are in it? Five? On the other hand the other DLC was priced really generously too...

I keep getting a disc read error with this game. Whenever I select a mission, it gives me 150-1031 and tells me to clean the disc, even though it's spotless. The disc won't work on othet systems, and other discs work just fine with my system. Has anyone else had this problem, or have any advice?

Try the ancient toothpaste trick (apparently it really works, google it), and if that fails, contact Nintendo, they might replace it for free?

Almost finishing Master Quest map and I have to say ... I have NO IDEA how you people not playing Co-op do it.

It must be IMPOSSIBLE to do some adventure maps stuff alone =O

In Co-op is very hard even with one dude chossing an overpower character

When not playing coop, there's a ton more small enemies, so even with one person you hit the kill quota super fast. Because of this, you can beeline towards each objective with no delay, which also makes meeting the time quota easier. Finally, damage quota in coop is shared, meaning that, for a quota of ten hearts, you could lose nine hearts solo and be ok, but losing six and six in coop made you fail. It's actuallyquite balanced to the point that if one of you is a considerably better player than the other, some stages (and A ranks specifically) were easier solo.

Source: getting everything except hearts and skulltulas from normal and master quest in coop with some solo, plus some of the other two maps.

Well, I just have to do the story mode on hero mode and that's about it for that mode...

And also the adventure maps I'm almost done with (everything was done in solo mode):

Adventure map: all a-rank, skulltulas, hearts, weapons
Master quest map: all a-rank, skulltulas, hearts, weapons
Twilight map: all a-rank, skulltulas, hearts, weapons
Majora map: all skulltulas, just two squares short for having all a-rank, just have to do link fairy stage for 8-bit fairy weapon? and lana's summon gate stage (don't remember if it has rewards). After I have done those, majora map will also have all a-rank, skulltulas, hearts and weapons
Rewards map: all a-ranks

360 hours and counting.

And I'm still not burned out of this. Next thing thing will the challenge stages... :p

And I'm looking forward for the portable one. Was one game I really wished they would bring to the 3DS, but thought it wasn't realistic. But, hey, those thing can happen, I guess. :p Happy I can take it anywhere I want now. :p And I'm not that bothered for starting over, I think there will be enough changes to play it all again :p

TransTrender

Gold Member
Well, I just have to do the story mode on hero mode and that's about it for that mode...

And also the adventure maps I'm almost done with (everything was done in solo mode):

Adventure map: all a-rank, skulltulas, hearts, weapons
Master quest map: all a-rank, skulltulas, hearts, weapons
Twilight map: all a-rank, skulltulas, hearts, weapons
Majora map: all skulltulas, just two squares short for having all a-rank, just have to do link fairy stage for 8-bit fairy weapon? and lana's summon gate stage (don't remember if it has rewards). After I have done those, majora map will also have all a-rank, skulltulas, hearts and weapons
Rewards map: all a-ranks

360 hours and counting.

And I'm still not burned out of this. Next thing thing will the challenge stages... :p

And I'm looking forward for the portable one. Was one game I really wished they would bring to the 3DS, but thought it wasn't realistic. But, hey, those thing can happen, I guess. :p Happy I can take it anywhere I want now. :p And I'm not that bothered for starting over, I think there will be enough changes to play it all again :p
Figured the challenge maps would be child's play at this point. Congratulations you have more staying power than the Nile and Mississippi combined.

Razmos

Might as well post this here too in case anyone missed it.
The official japanese site has been updated with new stuff!

Story
story_3ds_ss7.jpg

New Stage
Looks like a combo Earth/Wind Temple

New Characters
chara_skullkid.jpg

chara_wiiu_ss4.jpg

New Enemy
chara_enemy_phantom.jpg

New System
Giant Bosses now take on a green Aura and take more damage when thy are fighting more than one warrior, this stacks up to a maximum of 4 warriors

Cool :)

I just finished the last two squares yesterday, so all the adventure maps are completely done. Gonna start at the challenges, those will not happen on the 3DS game anyway... :(

Razmos

There's a new video coming next week! apparently it's coming around the same time as some new info in Famitsu.

I'm highly expecting a new character, perhaps Linkle at last?

Cindro

Bumpitty bump!

I'm on the verge of asking for this for Christmas, but I have a couple of questions:

1) How much is all of the DLC? Is there a bundle or season pass like thing that I can buy for this?

2) Are the new characters coming to the N3DS version also going to be added to the Wii U version, or is this not confirmed yet?

NeonZ

1) How much is all of the DLC? Is there a bundle or season pass like thing that I can buy for this?

There's a bundle of the 4 DLC packs (Master Quest, Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, Ganon) for $20, but that still leaves out the OoT, TP and Skyward costumes for Link, Zelda and Ganondorf that need to be bought separately (there's no Skyward costume for Ganondorf though).

2) Are the new characters coming to the N3DS version also going to be added to the Wii U version, or is this not confirmed yet?

The new characters and weapons are coming for the Wii U, but so far the only confirmed way to get them is by buying the 3ds game.

Cindro

Ugh, terrible. Surely, SURELY they will eventually be made a separate download for the Wii U version - they wouldn't go through the effort of creating these characters and not sell them to a broader audience, right? Hell, as small as the Wii U install base is, it's probably still bigger than the N3DS audience. And if someone is *only* buying the N3DS version, why would they buy the Wii U version anyway?

And no bundle with everything in it. Dammit. This will run me $90 just to get the game plus DLC, with no guarantee that I'll eventually be able to buy everything else that is added. I should probably pass for now :(

Top Bottom