• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Jackano

Really? That's the entire gimmick of the Summoning Gate. You summon monsters to do some attack and afterward you do the combo that involves that monster to do an enhanced combo.

Globally as a gamer I hate combos and sucks at them :D Tried a few times, no luck. Fucker Argarock comes out when he want and when it does, doesn't stay very long, and kill mooks!

I'm slogging through Cucco's Fury, and man, it's a real killjoy. Almost done. I just have to keep going...

I'd say I'm about 1/3-1/2 through the Twilight Map. Just curious what Level you're at? And is the final battle the one that's about in the middle where you're limited to Link or Midna because I think that's one of the few that has a Recommended Element stage (and thus you're able to take less damage)

About 200. The Recommended Element helps, but so does the awesome defense of having a higher level. Having a Cia at that level makes the Rupee Glitch really easy too.

Globally as a gamer I hate combos and sucks at them :D Tried a few times, no luck. Fucker Argarock comes out when he want and when it does, doesn't stay very long, and kill mooks!

You have to press the Strong Attack button to summon a boss, and then quickly do the combo that would normally summon him to have the extra powerful version. So if your Strong Attack summons Argorok, then you do the combo that relates to him (C5 or C6, can't remember) and then you get the really powerful version. After you do the basic strong attack, you'll have a swirly aura around you - you have until it disappears to do the combo.

Simbabbad

I tried the rupee Glitch with Lana on the two Ghomas level, Lana took a Rupees+ potion, my rank 3 Summoning gate had Rupees+, I attacked the west Ghoma after stunning it with the bow and killed him with Argorok with as little enemies as possible hurt before he dies and then as much as possible during his death and after... no luck. I always end up with around 6000 rupees, over and over again.
I tried the glitch to escape the grind bore/frustration (damn max level going from 99 to 250), but trying the glitch over and over with no result is even worse. I just don't see the difference between what I do and what I see on videos.

I tried the rupee Glitch with Lana on the two Ghomas level, Lana took a Rupees+ potion, my rank 3 Summoning gate had Rupees+, I attacked the west Ghoma after stunning it with the bow and killed him with Argorok with as little enemies as possible hurt before he dies and then as much as possible during his death and after... no luck. I always end up with around 6000 rupees, over and over again.
I tried the glitch to escape the grind bore/frustration (damn max level going from 99 to 250), but trying the glitch over and over with no result is even worse. I just don't see the difference between what I do and what I see on videos.

In all likelihood you're doing the glitch correctly. It just doesn't activate all of the time, or even a good chunk of the time. We don't know what exactly triggers it, so it's just a gamble. I have far better luck using Cia though. I use that Gohma 2x battle in the upper right part of the original Adventure Map. I grab the Special jar right next to the start, head over to the right Gohma, break his WPG using C6 while retreating, and then using her Special while right next to his ring. I make sure to get a bunch of enemies caught in the blast too. (If your Cia is not able to kill him with one special, use C3 to lower his health from a distance while he's immobile) It works pretty consistently for me. But yeah, I can go for a long time before triggering it.

Farmboy

Any tips for getting an A in Adventure Mode (the basic one) 1-1? (Sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find it -- although I imagine it has, seeing as how tough the level is)

I've tried the item power-up from the apothecary and then spamming bombs, but that doesn't seem to be fast enough. Playing co-op too, so that should make it easier, right?

NeonZ

What is the best way to drop good weapons for a char you just unlocked ?

You always get one weapon for the character you're using. Anyway, just go to some higher tier missions in the original adventure map. If you can play in co-op, make one player go with a strong character while the other waits. If you can't, then you can just level up the character with rupees before sending them there. If you don't have rupees, then try your luck by playing in those stages with random leveled up characters while gathering rupees and hoping for weapon drops. Alternatively, there's always the random net Links.

Edit: Wait, I was thinking about DLC characters, if you're talking about the base game, then, you probably don't have a complete map yet, so, really the best way is just to play as them. You're guaranteed one weapon drop. For higher ranking ones, you need to fit unlock them in the Adventure map (or story mode for a few story characters, although all lvl 3 weapons are in the Adventure map only).

Kinsei

Banned
Any tips for getting an A in Adventure Mode (the basic one) 1-1? (Sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find it -- although I imagine it has, seeing as how tough the level is)

I've tried the item power-up from the apothecary and then spamming bombs, but that doesn't seem to be fast enough. Playing co-op too, so that should make it easier, right?

You;re talking about the kill 1000 enemies in 10 minutes level, right? If so I think co-op is actually a hindrance there since less enemies spawn at a time. Go in solo with the best great fairy you have and keep spamming C5 (the fairy fountain attack). You'll easily get the A rank.

For A Rank, I used Midna. It was a breeze that way.

Platy

I am starting to hate to use Link Amiibo .... it is always spinners, SPINNERS EVERYWHERE

I play a game with ANY character and ALWAYS DROP A FUCKING SPINNER !

I have like a 420 atack spinner with everything I need and I want a ganon sword and IT GIVES ME ANOTHER SPINNER

Jackano

I am starting to hate to use Link Amiibo .... it is always spinners, SPINNERS EVERYWHERE

I play a game with ANY character and ALWAYS DROP A FUCKING SPINNER !

I have like a 420 atack spinner with everything I need and I want a ganon sword and IT GIVES ME ANOTHER SPINNER

Link's amiibos only give Link weapons.
If you want a Ganondorf weapon, let's hope with me they will update the game when Ganondorf amiibo will be out (which I believe they will).
However your amiibo should give you some swords and Eponas etc.. sometimes too.

Edit: Oh yeah came here to say I cleared the Master Quest map. Not 100% but I will not go for it anyway. Now grinding some Twilight characters and onto TP map soon.

taizuke

So, i put off this game many months ago cause trying to complete it seemed impossible. Are the Termina and Twilight Maps still a pain to A rank? I mean do enemies give a lot of damage thus preventing the A rank?

So, i put off this game many months ago cause trying to complete it seemed impossible. Are the Termina and Twilight Maps still a pain to A rank? I mean do enemies give a lot of damage thus preventing the A rank?

Yeah, as I said in a post above some of these missions on the Twilight Map seem like "Every hit is devastating" missions in disguise. I find that having a character at Level 130 is a good safe position. Yah I've been able to A rank a few at lower levels, but it seems I'm having the best luck at 130. Scary thing is I have Ganondorf at Level 170 and I STILL had trouble with a mission (a Beat Both Armies with a Heart Piece as a reward on the left side of the map). Thankfully I haven't run into any more that were THAT hard.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yeah, just got back into this game after quite a long pause due to being burnt out from a 80h binge near the release. Glad to have all this new content available since I bought the season pass early on.

Is this Hyrule Warriors Materials Guide still accurate? Or are there better resources?

Sagitario

Hasty + Cia = freaking fun and overpowered! That skill should have been there from day one. I have been hunting it for all the characters (why is appraising so expensive? :\).
Hasty also makes Zant and Fi not useless (except when the enemies' defense is absurdly high).

Sadly, I think I might be done with Hyrule Warrios.
wiiu_screenshot_gamepp0ub2.jpg

I was going to try to get A ranks for every mission (I have most of them already in Adventure, MQ and TP maps), but it got to the point where it isn't fun when the enemies are sponges (mostly in the MM pack).

Platy

GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH Darunia's lvl 3 weapon adventure map is SO HARD to get an A =|

Link's amiibos only give Link weapons.
If you want a Ganondorf weapon, let's hope with me they will update the game when Ganondorf amiibo will be out (which I believe they will).
However your amiibo should give you some swords and Eponas etc.. sometimes too.

Edit: Oh yeah came here to say I cleared the Master Quest map. Not 100% but I will not go for it anyway. Now grinding some Twilight characters and onto TP map soon.

Unlocked more weapons and now it is giving more options .... probably didn't gave me anything because I didn't had any other lvl 2/3 weapon

I've been taking a break from Hyrule Warriors since I got all weapons from the first adventure map, but I'm sure I'll come back to it eventually. I always do. It's easily my most played game on the Wii U.

Just picked this up... finally..

couple questions.

Do the heroes all have base stats and if so how do i look them up or see them?

I get items on the battlefield that will say something like str+1. Is this a permanent stat increase or just temporary?

What exactly does leveling up do? Great I leveled up... am i stronger? Where can I see how I'm stronger?

Platy

I hate the fairy.

It is impossible to see when you are being atacked so I always fail the lvl 3 because of damage taken =/

Sagitario

The weapon has a lot of invisibility frames (it actually feels a bit OP). It isn't that hard once you know when/where to start the combo.

Just picked this up... finally..

couple questions.

Do the heroes all have base stats and if so how do i look them up or see them?

I get items on the battlefield that will say something like str+1. Is this a permanent stat increase or just temporary?

What exactly does leveling up do? Great I leveled up... am i stronger? Where can I see how I'm stronger?

- You can't see stats with the exception of attack.
- Temporary.
- When you level up, you gain attack power, HP (hearts) and defense [minimal]

llehuty

I just bought the game because of the sale... But I wanted to know if the DLC is worth it? The pack.

I would recommend you to play the available content first (story mode and then adventure mode). If you enjoy adventure mode, you should probably get it.

MrDaravon

I just bought the game because of the sale... But I wanted to know if the DLC is worth it? The $20 pack.

It absolutely is, but it's all adventure mode stuff + costumes (IIRC). I'd also recommend going through campaign mode, then if you're still digging it dabble in the available Adventure Mode map. Then if you're liking that and want more Adventure Mode maps do it; it's a ridiculous amount of content.

NeonZ

It absolutely is, but it's all adventure mode stuff + costumes (IIRC). I'd also recommend going through campaign mode, then if you're still digging it dabble in the available Adventure Mode map. Then if you're liking that and want more Adventure Mode maps do it; it's a ridiculous amount of content.

There are also 3 new characters that are usable in every mode (Real Midna, Tingle and Young Link with Fierce Deity mask), 2 new weapons (Epona for Link, the control staff from TP for Zelda) and 2 special characters usable only in the challenge mode (
Ganon and giant Cucco
).

Also, 4 or 5 new story battles, although they're pretty underwhelming compared to the ones in the base game and even contradict the main story.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just bought the game because of the sale... But I wanted to know if the DLC is worth it? The $20 pack.

The DLC is almost too much content. I would say play though the base content first, and if you aren't over the game, then buy it. While the DLC is great, I think a lot of people bought it and burned out before ever really using it.

The DLC is almost too much content. I would say play though the base content first, and if you aren't over the game, then buy it. While the DLC is great, I think a lot of people bought it and burned out before ever really using it.

Before ever using all of it maybe, before using it at all hell no. The main adventure map (the meat of the game, really) can be pretty much completed in 30-40 hours. If you love the game, you will definitely want the extra content, which multiplies that by like five or more.

I agree that the best way to experience Hyrule Warriors is to first play through the base game, otherwise you simply get too much stuff at once instead of savoring each new character as it unlocks. Once you've played enough that you've unlocked all characters and new ones would feel exciting again, get the DLC, it's amazing bang for buck.

llehuty

Yeah, that's my case. I've barely touched the 2nd adventure map and I bought the season pass on release. I know I'm going to get back into it, but yeah, I recommend deciding if you are going to buy it after you finish the base content.

tauroxd

Thanks for all the replys! I'll finish (or play most of) the base game before purchasing the pack!

By the way, I'm kind of addicted to the game... I thought that I wouldn't like that much...

Yeah, that's my case. I've barely touched the 2nd adventure map and I bought the season pass on release. I know I'm going to get back into it, but yeah, I recommend deciding if you are going to buy it after you finish the base content.

Same here. I'm 200 hours in and only now I'm finishing the first adventure map (only a few heart pieces missing). I'm still pumped about the game and I'll surely keep playing, but there's definitely a lot of content on the base game alone. People should wait before buying the DLC.

By the way, I'm kind of addicted to the game... I thought that I wouldn't like that much...

As I've said, I'm 200 hours in and still pumped! I've played this game so much that the left analog stick in my gamepad started to act weird, I'll have to fix it eventually or buy a Pro Controller. It's a pity that Hyrule Warriors won't work with my Wii Classic Controller.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey I'm considering purchasing this game for the E3 sale, but I'm concerned about the Teen rating.

My two daughters (7 and 3) love playing/watching me play through Wind Waker and Ocarina/Majora's Mask on 3DS. I'm concerned about the content in this game with them playing/watching. I saw a few cutscenes on a video review with some scantily dressed women... is that the extent of the sexuality of the Teen rating? Are you able to skip cutscenes?

Of course there is the violence of the sword action, but it doesn't look graphic whatsoever. Any other comments on this game for children? This may just be a game that I end up playing when they're in bed. But I know if they see me playing they're going to be interested.

NeonZ

I'm concerned about the content in this game with them playing/watching. I saw a few cutscenes on a video review with some scantily dressed women... is that the extent of the sexuality of the Teen rating? Are you able to skip cutscenes?

Yes for the first one. It's basically only a single character who really dresses and acts in a provocative way. I can't remember if you can skip cutscenes in the first playthrough of story mode though. You can skip the battle cutscenes though, like boss entrance videos.

My two daughters (7 and 3) love playing/watching me play through Wind Waker and Ocarina/Majora's Mask on 3DS. I'm concerned about the content in this game with them playing/watching. I saw a few cutscenes on a video review with some scantily dressed women... is that the extent of the sexuality of the Teen rating? Are you able to skip cutscenes?

I think there's an option to turn off cutscenes in Adventure Mode. If Cia's dress is a problem, you can play through Legend Mode (basically the campaign mode) when your kids are in bed and play through Adventure Mode (mission-based mode where you earn weapons and hearts) when they're awake.

Dreavus

*raises hand*

I got about halfway into the Master quest before I put it down. Came back for the past few weeks and still haven't finished master quest. Haven't even started the Termina or Twilight maps!

I'm finding I'm doing a lot more replaying on the MQ map just for map items, which is a real pain considering how many missions there are in total.

Imo you don't buy the DLC mainly for the extra maps, you buy them for the characters and weapons. I've barely even touched the DLC adventure maps, but I'm all for getting more characters and weapons to have fun with.

Imo you don't buy the DLC mainly for the extra maps, you buy them for the characters and weapons. I've barely even touched the DLC adventure maps, but I'm all for getting more characters and weapons to have fun with.

While obviously the characters and weapons are where most of the dev time went, the maps are also really great in that they introduce mechanics not found in the regular adventure map. Also, I find them terrifically addicting with their 8-bit aesthetics and item usage. :D

Some info about the 3DS version

Basically:
  • Wind Waker content is an "epilogue" to the main story
  • More characters are coming other than Tetra and King of Red Lions. "Fan favourites and some surprises"
  • 3DS version will utilize Streetpass for Adventure Mode

Damn, more characters coming, huh? I really hope they release all this stuff as stand-alone content for the Wii U as well. There's no chance I'll buy the 3DS version.

Razmos

Is he going to be loose!?
Very likely!

Damn, more characters coming, huh? I really hope they release all this stuff as stand-alone content for the Wii U as well. There's no chance I'll buy the 3DS version.
Yeah, me too. Especially now that I know the 3DS version has the same Adventure Maps.

The cutscene at the end of the trailer with Tetra opening the chest was definitely Wii U graphics, and the item in the chest doesn't exist in the Wii U version, so I definitely think we are getting an expansion.

Yeah, me too. Especially now that I know the 3DS version has the same Adventure Maps.

The cutscene at the end of the trailer with Tetra opening the chest was definitely Wii U graphics, and the item in the chest doesn't exist in the Wii U version, so I definitely think we are getting an expansion.

No, Tetra and the King have already been confirmed for Wii U. The only way to get for now, however, is by buying both versions.

Razmos

No, Tetra and the King have already been confirmed for Wii U. The only way to get for now, however, is by buying both versions.
I'm aware of that, the item she gets from the chest however is not in the Wii U version, so I think it's reasonable to assume we are getting more than just those 2 characters.

I'm aware of that, the item she gets from the chest however is not in the Wii U version, so I think it's reasonable to assume we are getting more than just those 2 characters.

Yeah of course, but that may still just be for having both versions, not because they intend to release an expansion for non-3DS-version-owners. But I'm hoping.

Yeah of course, but that may still just be for having both versions, not because they intend to release an expansion for non-3DS-version-owners. But I'm hoping.

There is pretty much zero chance that they won't allow people without a 3DS to buy them separately, much as there was zero chance that they would do the same with MewTwo in Smash. Nintendo aren't that dumb about alienating their fans.

Top Bottom