• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

@Lyndzei: Keep in mind that different characters have different defense and other statistics (the game doesn't tell you their different statistics, only their attack power). But if the difference in damage is that much, then yeah leveling up most probably do increase the defense.

McNum

So, is there any major downside to blocking, other than not actively killing stuff at the time you're doing it?

I had some trouble facing Ruto until I figured out that if you just hold block, she'll land right in front of you just as the weak point gauge appears, pretty much no matter what move she uses. So that fight turns into block and counter. Much like a Legend of Zelda fight, really. But I've broken the guard of some of the opponents, so I suspect that can happen to me, too?

I know, but my post was targeting the fact that the description for the 2nd skulltula almost always have "????" instead of a plain one.

Oh, you mean the Legend Mode ones. Yeah, those are annoying, I end up looking up a guide. I thought you meant enemy/damage requirements, which are made explicit for Skulltulas but NOT for A ranks, even though A ranks are much more important. It's just weird.

So, is there any major downside to blocking, other than not actively killing stuff at the time you're doing it?

Some attacks break your guard, yeah, like most of big bosses' attacks, and I think most of regular bosses' special attacks. It's still really useful for stuff like Manhandla's seed machinegun, and by default I block against Manhandla until it attacks (far easier than trying to block that attack on command).

The one thing I dislike about blocking is that it seems to be a low priority input, as it won't cancel out of any animation, including running. You basically have to be standing still before you block.

Ozium

beat the first adventure mode map and then grabbed link's great fairy #3.. I thought there were would be some notification that you unlocked all weapons, or that the master sword KO count thing was now active...

no notification

"ok"

Jackano

beat the first adventure mode map and then grabbed link's great fairy #3.. I thought there were would be some notification that you unlocked all weapons, or that the master sword KO count thing was now active...

no notification

"ok"

?
There is a permanent notification on the top of the map itself, with the golden sword icon.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
There are some Master Quest maps where the reward has one character's icon showing but the map is limited to another character. It seems that I still get it as a reward though despite not playing as the icon character. This has been the case for some 8 bit weapons and costumes. I'm guessing it wouldn't work for heart pieces, though, because the character has to hold the heart piece up over their head? Is this how things work on the normal adventure map as well? Did I not need to play as the character matching the icon on the reward to get that reward all this time?

Simbabbad

There are some Master Quest maps where the reward has one character's icon showing but the map is limited to another character. It seems that I still get it as a reward though despite not playing as the icon character. This has been the case for some 8 bit weapons and costumes. I'm guessing it wouldn't work for heart pieces, though, because the character has to hold the heart piece up over their head? Is this how things work on the normal adventure map as well? Did I not need to play as the character matching the icon on the reward to get that reward all this time?
The reward must match the character only for heart pieces. Costumes and weapons don't care which character unlocks them.

Jackano

Some Master Quest challenges are easier than expected (so far, did something like 20 squares this w-e).

I'm not sure to understand the "avoid all attacks" thing. Sounds like the same requirement than the one hit == ~15hearts where you have to kill enemy captains, except it doesn't apply to the lesser enemies. Anyway I hate this.

Also, is the rupee glitch still working in 1.6?

McNum

Does my character level affect the power of my allies? It seems like I lose mostly on strategic loss, where the enemy just overwhelm one of my critical allies when I lose.

Also, I found out why I got so thoroughly beaten in Adventure Mode on a few maps. I'm colorblind. The green area is safe at my levels, the orange area is not. I went east on the map first. Turns out, west is the proper direction. Guess I'll have to circle around, gain 10-20 levels on a lot of warriors and try again.

?
There is a permanent notification on the top of the map itself, with the golden sword icon.

He means there's no message indicating that you got all the weapons and the Master Sword skill is available to unlock. I thought it was a weird omission too.

Thanks to whoever "helped" me. Got a nice experience bonus. With that, Exp +, experience potion, AND doing a Rack up you KO count, I gained 6 levels with Impa.

I've been farming Level 3 5-Star 8-slot weapons, and in case anyone wants to do the same, the best places I've found are in the top two rows of the original Adventure map, and they're the quizzes. The Triforce Quiz, Legendary Warrior Quiz, and the Royalty Quiz. I prefer the Legendary Warrior one, mainly because the combatants are easy and I like hanging out in the Skyloft map. Bring a Weapon Slot potion of course. I've gotten most everyone's ideal weapon that way. It isn't perfect, but I've gotten the best results there.

I'm not sure to understand the "avoid all attacks" thing. Sounds like the same requirement than the one hit == ~15hearts where you have to kill enemy captains, except it doesn't apply to the lesser enemies. Anyway I hate this.

It's the same with two differences:
1) Enemies aren't affected (they have full health/defense), obviously making it much harder, and
2) To somewhat compensate, clock pick-ups spawn that slow time for enemies for a while.

Also, I found out why I got so thoroughly beaten in Adventure Mode on a few maps. I'm colorblind. The green area is safe at my levels, the orange area is not. I went east on the map first. Turns out, west is the proper direction. Guess I'll have to circle around, gain 10-20 levels on a lot of warriors and try again.

Not being colorblind wouldn't help you all that much, though: as far as I can tell, you can only see an area's color before you unlock it: after you unlock it, all its squares show up as black. Weird decision, to be sure, especially considering the red area of each map is where damage limit for rank is 10000 rather than 4000 and there's no other way to tell, either.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I was unlocking Volga's level 3 weapon (way before his 2, which is far away for some reason), and decided not to ragequit when my damage went above 4k, figuring that hey maybe this was a 10k stage, and hooray I managed the A. Except that it wasn't that the limit was 10k, it's that damage wasn't on the results screen at ALL. What the heck is up with that? I know they don't rank some categories on certain stages, but that sure didn't seem like it would be one of them.

Also,

5NPi3ka.png

<_<

I've been farming Level 3 5-Star 8-slot weapons, and in case anyone wants to do the same, the best places I've found are in the top two rows of the original Adventure map, and they're the quizzes. The Triforce Quiz, Legendary Warrior Quiz, and the Royalty Quiz. I prefer the Legendary Warrior one, mainly because the combatants are easy and I like hanging out in the Skyloft map. Bring a Weapon Slot potion of course. I've gotten most everyone's ideal weapon that way. It isn't perfect, but I've gotten the best results there.

Huh, will have to try that. I generally do the Network Links as you're guaranteed a Level 3 and I'll have a character with Stars and do a Empty Slot potion or do the other way around and if I'm lucky, I'll get a Lv 3 with 5 Stars, and at least 6 slots. It's also good for unlocking skills and experience. I figure having multiple weapons with their own unique bonuses would be better than trying to have one big 8 slot weapon.

I was unlocking Volga's level 3 weapon (way before his 2, which is far away for some reason), and decided not to ragequit when my damage went above 4k, figuring that hey maybe this was a 10k stage, and hooray I managed the A. Except that it wasn't that the limit was 10k, it's that damage wasn't on the results screen at ALL. What the heck is up with that? I know they don't rank some categories on certain stages, but that sure didn't seem like it would be one of them.

Also,

<_<

Oh I'll have to try it then. I was surprised when I came across it too but figured it was likely too difficult.

As for that other thing... Yeah.... The part about armpits is the weirdest thing.

McNum

I think I'm getting hooked on Adventure mode now. Just unlocked Ghirahim and he seems pretty straightforward, if a little fabulous in his animations. Is he "just" a fast swordsman with some ranged options in the normal combo? Oh, and his Focus Spirit is awesome. He turns all metallic, like in Skyward Sword. Nice. Next goal, there's a Link weapon in the southwest corner, and Zant to the north. Those seem like good goals.

I have a map that's been taunting me, though, and if I guess right, you probably already know which one. Fi versus The Imprisoned and its two mini-mes inside a locked keep. That is one ugly fight. If The Imprisoned is in the center and decides to do that lightning attack, I don't see any way to dodge it. Then Fi is down four hearts.

Actually, Fi against The Imprisoned in general seems like a bad matchup for Fi. Any fighting tips for that? Other than come back when I have her level 3 weapon and 20 more levels and smoke it? I did just get her level 2 weapon, though.

Golnei

He's delusional - Lana's charm comes entirely from her untouched, childlike innocence and purity, not any disgusting womanly scent. She is a creature of beauty and light, armpits radiating a warm floral bouquet, unable to conceive selfishness or lust with her feminine mind, yet accepting the burden of satisfying others. She is truly the ideal of femininity, and that the developers tarnished the image of her perfect visage with the creation of that lewd, unwomanly, ogre-skinned doppelganger is criminal.

I think I'm getting hooked on Adventure mode now. Just unlocked Ghirahim and he seems pretty straightforward, if a little fabulous in his animations. Is he "just" a fast swordsman with some ranged options in the normal combo? Oh, and his Focus Spirit is awesome. He turns all metallic, like in Skyward Sword. Nice. Next goal, there's a Link weapon in the southwest corner, and Zant to the north. Those seem like good goals.

I have a map that's been taunting me, though, and if I guess right, you probably already know which one. Fi versus The Imprisoned and its two mini-mes inside a locked keep. That is one ugly fight. If The Imprisoned is in the center and decides to do that lightning attack, I don't see any way to dodge it. Then Fi is down four hearts.

Actually, Fi against The Imprisoned in general seems like a bad matchup for Fi. Any fighting tips for that? Other than come back when I have her level 3 weapon and 20 more levels and smoke it? I did just get her level 2 weapon, though.

I remember having trouble with that. Can't even remember the exact strategy I used I'm pretty sure it was one of the last ones I A Ranked. Getting her Level 3 and raising her level will certainly help. The other tip is save your special meter for taking out his toes (if you can, an SP restore potion via the Apothecary can be handy). When you see the Imprisoned starting to charge his lightning, bust out the special on his toes. Otherwise dodge repeatedly and you might avoid the Lightning (such a cheap move). If you get enough Skulltulas and max out the Bazaar, you'll get a yellow potion that can heal health AND restore SP. Even if you're down half a heart, use that sucker to restore SP so you can dish out Specials when need be. I'd avoid the mini imprisoned UNLESS you have a clear shot (make sure to avoid them when trying to damage the big guy)

Rafavert

Tip for using Ghirahim:

His strong attack (the red thread) improves Ghirahim's C2, C3 and C4. It's quite nice when you're fighting a single enemy.

Rafavert

He's delusional - Lana's charm comes entirely from her untouched, childlike innocence and purity, not any disgusting womanly scent. She is a creature of beauty and light, armpits radiating a warm floral bouquet, unable to conceive selfishness or lust with her feminine mind, yet accepting the burden of satisfying others. She is truly the ideal of femininity, and that the developers tarnished the image of her perfect visage with the creation of that lewd, unwomanly, ogre-skinned doppelganger is criminal.

Except for the part that Lana wants to bone Link as well D;

maxresdefault.jpg

Look at the jelly in Lana's eyes!

Good lord... Midna is so adorable =(

Golnei

Except for the part that Lana wants to bone Link as well D;

The difference is that she suppresses those thoughts, eventually purifying herself completely of the plague of lust. Womanhood is defined by sacrifice, and where Cia demonstrates her fundamental wrongness by becoming a perverse parody of femininity, Lana's growth centres on giving up her selfish desires and impure thoughts, all the while maintaining an energetic and innocent demeanor. In contrast to Impa's offputting masculinity, Midna's whiny bitchiness, Ruto's undignified desperation and Fi's utter blandness; Lana's radiant perfection only shines brighter - only the irresistible innocence of Agitha can come close. As a result, she and Lana are the only girls who even come close to deserving to win, precisely because they have fully embraced the ideal passive female role.

Yeah, threads have been closed for less, guys. Please continue the above discussion in PM:s. Thanks!

You can totally PM me all that Rule 34 that I know you guys have bookmarked though.
Just kidding please don't do that.
Unless it's REALLY good.
Nope.

Rafavert

The difference is that she suppresses those thoughts, eventually purifying herself completely of the plague of lust. Womanhood is defined by sacrifice, and where Cia demonstrates her fundamental wrongness by becoming a perverse parody of femininity, Lana's growth centres on giving up her selfish desires and impure thoughts, all the while maintaining an energetic and innocent demeanor. In contrast to Impa's offputting masculinity, Midna's whiny bitchiness, Ruto's undignified desperation and Fi's utter blandness; Lana's radiant perfection only shines brighter - only the irresistible innocence of Agitha can come close. As a result, she and Lana are the only girls who even come close to deserving to win, precisely because they have fully embraced the ideal passive female role.

That was beautiful... (I shall rest my case here).

Yesterday I used Agitha... and I actually had fun using her D: all of her attacks launch enemies, which combos nicely with her butterfly. I think Ima devote more time to her.

CoolS

Just bought this on amazon.

Is there a way to buy all the DLC at once for this game? DOes that include the different costumes as well?

Rafavert

Is there a way to buy all the DLC at once for this game? DOes that include the different costumes as well?

You can buy the Hero Pack iirc. It includes all the dlc save for the OoT/TP/SS costumes for Link/Zelda/Ganondorf.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
That was beautiful... (I shall rest my case here).

Yesterday I used Agitha... and I actually had fun using her D: all of her attacks launch enemies, which combos nicely with her butterfly. I think Ima devote more time to her.

I started to git gud with her after reading more on GAF. Lotta C3 chaining on captains, lotta C4 into butterfly since I finally realize that her butterfly combo is meant to attack enemies in the tornado, lotta C5 to blow away massive swarms, lotta C2 to break weak point gauges. I'm better with her now than some other characters, like Fi and Giant Blade Impa.

Unrelated: full-health Link's Master Sword C2 and C3 are so fun. Pew pew!

Rafavert

I started to git gud with her after reading more on GAF. Lotta C3 chaining on captains, lotta C4 into butterfly since I finally realize that her butterfly combo is meant to attack enemies in the tornado, lotta C5 to blow away massive swarms, lotta C2 to break weak point gauges. I'm better with her now than some other characters, like Fi and Giant Blade Impa.

Unrelated: full-health Link's Master Sword C2 and C3 are so fun. Pew pew!

So true!

And it really is =p if I liked using Link with Sword, I'd definitely give him Heart Strong.

The Hero pack includes all other significant packs including three adventure maps, three extra characters, lots of new challenges including several playing as Ganon, two extra weapon types, a handful of instantly unlocked costumes, and lots of costumes and 8-bit weapons you have to unlock by playing their maps, all for about 15$. The only things not in the pack are eight game-themed costumes for Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, but you can pick these individually for 1$ per 2 costume pack.

Basically the Hero pack is pretty much mandatory, then you can get any of the costume packs if you want.

CoolS

You can buy the Hero Pack iirc. It includes all the dlc save for the OoT/TP/SS costumes for Link/Zelda/Ganondorf.

The Hero pack includes all other significant packs including three adventure maps, three extra characters, lots of new challenges including several playing as Ganon, two extra weapon types, a handful of instantly unlocked costumes, and lots of costumes and 8-bit weapons you have to unlock by playing their maps, all for about 15$. The only things not in the pack are eight game-themed costumes for Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, but you can pick these individually for 1$ per 2 costume pack.

Basically the Hero pack is pretty much mandatory, then you can get any of the costume packs if you want.

Thanks for the answers guys.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
...for some reason I've given up on the Master Quest map and gone back to the normal adventure map to get more skulltullas. I think it's cause I got all of them in legend mode, and I have a picture that's just missing two damn pieces, it's like what's the point if I don't finish this thing. It's kinda fun tho, cause after finishing the adventure map, then getting all the hard-mode Legend skulltullas and doing some of the master quest map, I'm feeling pretty strong with all the characters (and know how to play them better), so redoing levels on the first adventure map is pretty easy.

Don't plan on getting all the heart pieces or A-ranks, though, gonna leave that alone.

...for now

Rarutos

Can't wait for the last DLC pack to finally be released (Mostly for the fixed loading times)! Do they usually release them at midnight or in the mornings, out of curiosity?

Bladelaw

The quest for weapons is slow going. I'm having real trouble with Lana's level 3 Summoning Gate even at level 70, and Zelda's lv2 Wind Waker at level 50. Also fuck that cucco on Ghirahim's level 2 weapon stage.

I'm basically grinding out Network Links for rupees to level up underperformers to clean up the Adventure Map. Mostly because I can't get the rupee glitch to work.

r3n4ud

Will be commencing the game tomorrow. Pardon my ignorance, but is there any advantage to picking up the dlc before I start my playthrough or am I good to go with just the base game? Just wondering if I should pick up the dlc now or later...

Ozium

so uhh.. where's the update? If I go to the eshop I see the boss pack, and it says purchased but won't let me download it and my gme is still version 1.50

so uhh.. where's the update? If I go to the eshop I see the boss pack, and it says purchased but won't let me download it and my gme is still version 1.50

DLC updates work odd in this game. It's like they come in pairs. The first update gives general stuff like new potions or raising character level limits,while seemingly making your system "ready" to get the second update which is the actual paid content.

Try exiting the game and loading it again.

SoldnerKei

you went to through the annoying process of booting up the game, close it and booting it up again? does the patch appear on your download history?

at least the patch is up, but I always have to deal with the boot-close-boot thing whenever the game updates lol

Ozium

you went to through the annoying process of booting up the game, close it and booting it up again? does the patch appear on your download history?

at least the patch is up, but I always have to deal with the boot-close-boot thing whenever the game updates lol

first thing I did when I turned on my wii u is check download history, wasn't there.. started up HW and nothing, went to eshop from within HW.. will exit out and try to restart the game

there we go... this is the first time I've had to update since I got the season pass when most of the DLC was out... is only the patch out or is the DLC available too?

ok I started the game the dlc is not there, went to the eshop and still cant download it (just says purchased) and update notes still says 1.50 but when I restarted it it said downloading updated content or whatever

edit: wtf now I went into adventure mode and it says this software must be updated before online services can be used... started it again and now it's doing a software update... maybe the first update was the DLC since it was rather short... this is really convoluted

Will be commencing the game tomorrow. Pardon my ignorance, but is there any advantage to picking up the dlc before I start my playthrough or am I good to go with just the base game? Just wondering if I should pick up the dlc now or later...

I would try going through Legend Mode entirely and a few Adventure Mode levels before getting the DLC (though you can get the OoT, TP, SS, and Ganondorf costume packs right away if you really want those. those are separate from the all-in-one DLC pack). If you really liked what you found in Legend Mode, and maybe after a couple of levels in Adventure Mode, then go ahead and get the Hero of Hyrule Pack, which gets you everything but the costume packs. If you don't like the game, there's no point on spending the $20 for the DLC. The DLC Adventure Maps are meant to be played after Legend Mode and the original Adventure Map are completed (more or less) anyways, so it's not like you can just jump in to the TP Adventure Map from the get-go and have a good time. It will crush you.

Of course, if you get halfway through Legend Mode and already know that nothing will satiate your bloodlust, then you might as well go ahead and get it.

r3n4ud

I would try going through Legend Mode entirely and a few Adventure Mode levels before getting the DLC (though you can get the OoT, TP, SS, and Ganondorf costume packs right away if you really want those. those are separate from the all-in-one DLC pack). If you really liked what you found in Legend Mode, and maybe after a couple of levels in Adventure Mode, then go ahead and get the Hero of Hyrule Pack, which gets you everything but the costume packs. If you don't like the game, there's no point on spending the $20 for the DLC. The DLC Adventure Maps are meant to be played after Legend Mode and the original Adventure Map are completed (more or less) anyways, so it's not like you can just jump in to the TP Adventure Map from the get-go and have a good time. It will crush you.

Of course, if you get halfway through Legend Mode and already know that nothing will satiate your bloodlust, then you might as well go ahead and get it.
Just the perfect explanation I needed. Thanks! I'll hold off on the dlc for now and jump into legend mode.

Ozium

playing as Ganon is damn fun and the other challenge modes seem good farming...

hell even playing as Ganon you get a ton of materials.. so good

also what are the recommended levels for the Twilight and Termina maps?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
This Ganon mode is fun but MAN the difficulty curve is something. Got walled pretty fast, gotta grind this guy some levels.

Sure like the speedy load times in 1.6. Did they add a new fade-in effect on the loading screen when it first appears?

Top Bottom