• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Finally picked it up the other day and really enjoying it. I especially love that it's 2 player and I can play with my son. So far I have finished 8 levels in legend mode and the character variation is nice. I have no clue what I am supposed to to in Adventure mode, but it looks like fun. Whats the verdict on the DLC, it looks like there is some great stuff in those packs.

Bladelaw

Finally picked it up the other day and really enjoying it. I especially love that it's 2 player and I can play with my son. So far I have finished 8 levels in legend mode and the character variation is nice. I have no clue what I am supposed to to in Adventure mode, but it looks like fun. Whats the verdict on the DLC, it looks like there is some great stuff in those packs.

It's a really good deal given the amount of content in it. That said play more of the Adventure map and see if you're interested in more of that kind of gameplay. The Termina and Twilight Adventure maps are real tough and if you don't enjoy that then you're losing a lot of value from the season pass.

Golnei

Based on that Cucco skin, Smash's Oldmandorf looks just as ridiculous in this game as I had assumed he would.

I guess it's just the TP design that works great with white hair. Every other Ganondorf looks silly with white hair.

It'd still look fine with the Smash palette.

tumblr_nc4pg2pK6Q1tsyscto1_250.png

It's just the white and red of the Cucco colour scheme which makes the design look ridiculous.

The Hero pack is absolutely insane value. You can get easily 300 hours or more out of it, and it has some of my favorite characters to play (Young Link and Twili Midna). Plus the Ganon challenges are fun as hell and the best way to get large boss materials.

Sagitario

Make the out of the way Goron mask in Snowhead respwan by playing levels adjacent to it. Resetting time doesn't guarantee item respwan then use that mask to get the two Zora Masks in great bay. This really is the most linear adventure map yet as without doing those two steps you are getting nowhere.

I think there might be a damage cap on Termina and very defensive enemies so leveling won't help. I watched a video using a level 150 Zelda (here) and the specials seem to be doing the same damage as mine vs. the enemy officers yet my Zelda is a much lower level which point towards damage cap, sadly.

So I guess it would be the case that Twilgiht map enemies do too much damage which isn't fun while in Termina they take too little which also isn't fun (great, 12 WPS to beat Manhandla...).

So, in order for the items to respawn, one should replay the adjacent levels? I had no idea. It isn't a clever way to fix that issue (how will I remember where the items are located?)
Thanks! I'll try your solution (although I have wasted so many hours already :[ )

It's a really good deal given the amount of content in it. That said play more of the Adventure map and see if you're interested in more of that kind of gameplay. The Termina and Twilight Adventure maps are real tough and if you don't enjoy that then you're losing a lot of value from the season pass.

The Hero pack is absolutely insane value. You can get easily 300 hours or more out of it, and it has some of my favorite characters to play (Young Link and Twili Midna). Plus the Ganon challenges are fun as hell and the best way to get large boss materials.

Thanks. I'm going to play some more before making a decision. Just seems like this game has a ton of replay.

Dude, I'm also kind of a newcomer and it's literally ONE term. I don't know why you're treating this as rocket science.

In any case, if you have any more questions, don't worry; we'll help! Just stop worrying and making everything a thousand times more complex than it is.

I think that several people are being kind of an asshole to McNum for no reason. The game's terminology IS confusing if this is the first Warriors game you've ever played.

What he's asking, and what hasn't been satisfactorily addressed, is combo moves with multiple presses of the heavy attack button. Think Link's fire rod. You can press heavy attack several times to modify each combo. I have seen Light - Light - Heavy - Heavy referred to as C2-2, for example.

Hyrule Warriors has an active and helpful Reddit community. The character guides are very useful.

Ozium

I have to get Lana's rank 3 Summoning Gate and I am fucking scared since I suck w/ that weapon :/

I know the system of how it works, but the animations are so slow I end up not putting in the correct combo..

also I have to do Agitha's Level 3.. any tips for that one?

Bladelaw

I have to get Lana's rank 3 Summoning Gate and I am fucking scared since I suck w/ that weapon :/

I know the system of how it works, but the animations are so slow I end up not putting in the correct combo..

also I have to do Agitha's Level 3.. any tips for that one?

Summoning gate relies on a strong Lana and take advantage of her C1's. They're all good at keeping crowd's away and if Argorok show's up use her C5 to ride it through the largest group you can find. I can't think of anything more damaging in her kit.

Another good trick is to line her Super (Musou whatever) so you get multiple hits as the Cucco runs through a boss. To keep under the damage requirement just stay back. A strong Lana will clear waves with Gohma C1. Also if you can safely put up a bunch of Manhandla stalks with C3 you can give yourself some coverage at drop boss's WPG's almost immediately.

As for Agitha...good luck? I plan on doing the split screen trick with her.

Ozium

Summoning gate relies on a strong Lana and take advantage of her C1's. They're all good at keeping crowd's away and if Argorok show's up use her C5 to ride it through the largest group you can find. I can't think of anything more damaging in her kit.

Another good trick is to line her Super (Musou whatever) so you get multiple hits as the Cucco runs through a boss. To keep under the damage requirement just stay back. A strong Lana will clear waves with Gohma C1. Also if you can safely put up a bunch of Manhandla stalks with C3 you can give yourself some coverage at drop boss's WPG's almost immediately.

As for Agitha...good luck? I plan on doing the split screen trick with her.

I know about her C1s but my problem with lana is like I get the C1 for Argorok and my mind cant follow up w/ a C5 combo, it comes out as C4 because her moves are so damned slow that, compared to every other character, I can't seem to pull off the moves I want her to pull off... and if I try to wait it out for animations the combo will end... My Lana is like level 70 or 65 or something..

Agitha is pure trash, dunno what I am going to do with her.. I thought Zant's level 3 was easy, since his C1 when the meter is full can destroy a keep in seconds

El Odio

Banned
I know about her C1s but my problem with lana is like I get the C1 for Argorok and my mind cant follow up w/ a C5 combo, it comes out as C4 because her moves are so damned slow that, compared to every other character, I can't seem to pull off the moves I want her to pull off... and if I try to wait it out for animations the combo will end... My Lana is like level 70 or 65 or something..

Agitha is pure trash, dunno what I am going to do with her.. I thought Zant's level 3 was easy, since his C1 when the meter is full can destroy a keep in seconds
When you get Argorok and are going for the C5 combo I usually press X as soon as the two portals are about to converge to make the giant bubble.

Recently got back into this since I have nothing else to play at the moment and I'm finally almost done with the first adventure map. Only have about 7 more missions to play and A rank before I can finally move on to the Master Quest challenges.

Ozium

Does anyone have any advice for how to proceed with Lana's rank 3 summoning gate level? Forget actually pulling off moves, is there a strategy that should be employed? Or is it just as simple as kill the 3 captains, farm kills until 1200, then go beat the commander?

edit: I JUST FUCKING FINISHED THIS LEVEL AND GOT A B IN CLEAR TIME FOR GOING 2 SECONDS OVER THE TIME LIMIT I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY RIGHT NOW LOL

fuck this game

McNum

Well, going for unlocking Ruto at the moment. Map conditions: "Defeat Ruto". Okay, I can do that. "...as Darunia." And then I learned about elemental weaknesses and being underleveled at the exact same time.

I did beat her, though, but that didn't unlock her. Because I need the item one tile to the north to do that. So, that's a fairly simple "Defeat all". I could just go "Link with the Master Sword" on that, but.. I figure I should unlock some weapons from Legend Mode before proceeding.

So, Zelda gets hers in the Master Sword level. I should go for that, I think. I like playing as her. It's a little hard to keep track of where to go for which one, though. But I suppose there's a weapon unlocking list somewhere.

And then I'll toss some Rupees at Darunia, upgrade his weapon, give him some badges and THEN. I'll unlock Ruto.

McNum

And finally, Ruto unlocked. First impressions: She's FUN!

Just to make sure I get her properly. You build up her water gauge by doing various combos, and then you hit Heavy and turn into a turret? I'll admit, I did not see that one coming. Shooting tidal waves from afar. Neat.

Why do I get the feeling she's going to be my go-to warrior in maps versus The Imprisoned if I get to choose? She can kill its toes from out of range.

shaowebb

I love Lana and her Summoning Gate, but man does the weapon stink. :(

LOL. Someone ain't doin it right yet.

Hit strong, get random enemy. That enemy has a particular string ...do that combo while your "monster icon" is still lit from the previous summon and it will end in a much more powerful version of the combo.

How much...Dragon oneshots Bosses after they drop and show weak points. Manhandla stalks just plain destroy the landscape, and Dodongo's push crowds away. Only one thats meh is dual wielding Gohma lasers.

Trust me...she's a great moveset. Play her close but not quite on a crowd and she'll clear it quick before getting swamped. She dash cancels neatly too though so you're good and her 4 string has her teleport under folks and uppercut them which is pretty safe most times.

Jackano

Yay! I did it, I got Lana's level 3 Summon Gate... now for Agitha... :/
Lol we are at the exact same advancement in the game it seems.

However I spent like 4 days to grind Lana in every way possible; XP of course, and farming stuff to unlock her skills. First time I do this for a character in the game. I guess I will do it for Agitha now.

shaowebb

Agitha is fucking garbage.. how am I supposed to unlock her level 3 weapon?

Lol we are at the exact same advancement in the game it seems.

However I spent like 4 days to grind Lana in every way possible; XP of course, and farming stuff to unlock her skills. First time I do this for a character in the game. I guess I will do it for Agitha now.

• 2 string to place glyph for beetle
  • dash cancel to go inside the glyph
  • do 3 string to summon tornado and go airborn as beetle keeps you safe
  • cancel into butterfly by hitting strong and mash light attack
  • after butterfly combo part where she does backflip hit strong attack to divebomb
  • dash cancel to recover instantly
  • repeat

Safe combo, does tons of damage, keeps crowds off, lets you delay the tornado combo if you need to block until beetle comes out. Basically how I use her start to finish. I can destroy her stages after coming up with this strategy.

Jackano

• after butterfly combo part where she does backflip hit strong attack to divebomb
  • repeat

Safe combo, does tons of damage, keeps crowds off, lets you delay the tornado combo if you need to block until beetle comes out. Basically how I use her start to finish. I can destroy her stages after coming up with this strategy.

I will watch the video carefully for sure, but I'm only confident in a high level Agitha, not in my skills :) I need to learn what people calls the C3 combos and such stuff, but in any case I doubt I will do anything than smashing the B button ingame 90% of the time :D
But thanks for the help, I will check that out!

Edit: I also have no idea how to control Agitha while she's flying on the butterfly's back. All it seems to do is wandering in circles doing no damage >(

Rafavert

I will watch the video carefully for sure, but I'm only confident in a high level Agitha, not in my skills :) I need to learn what people calls the C3 combos and such stuff, but in any case I doubt I will do anything than smashing the B button ingame 90% of the time :D
But thanks for the help, I will check that out!

Edit: I also have no idea how to control Agitha while she's flying on the butterfly's back. All it seems to do is wandering in circles doing no damage >(

C3 is Combo 3, aka Normal Normal Strong attack. In Agitha's case, it'd be the giant beetle summon. Her C1 would be summong the butterfly, C2 the small butterflies, C4 the tornado and C5 the rushing beetle.

I think she only hits enemies who are in the air while using attacks on top of the butterfly.
Just use the strong attack to ram the butterfly against the floor.

Ozium

This was posted two or three pages ago, so I'll just repost it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPX8Na5tGuc

thanks.. watched and it seems that person is taking much less damage than me... maybe I never did badges for her lol

• repeat

the problem with this for me is that it's not safe. if I dash cancel into the glyph 3/5 times the dinolfos mess me up or I dodge them and cannot get into the glyph in time... and when do you cancel into the butterfly, while airborn or as soon as you land? or when the tornado has engulfed the most enemies?

I think my biggest problem is that I just don't like Agitha at all, every other character is at least "good" in my eyes but she is completely awful :(

edit: managed to pull it off w/ help from you two and the item potion to spam bombs and boomerangs lol, thanks! finally I can ignore this character
until the other maps

El Odio

Banned
I have Agitha at level 55 and managed to get her lvl 3 weapon in 2 tries. I mainly spammed the rushing beetle into the crowds once the dinoflos were grouped together in it and then used her special. Using her WPS attack when they;re grouped also helps a lot.

Jackano

I will try tonight, pray for me. After her I just have the last Link lv.3 too.
Should be ok, I have Agitha at lv.65 now.
Is there a good table out there with the health rrequirements? I'm pretty sometimes it's not 4000, but 8000 for A/S-rank.

bobohoro

Is there a good table out there with the health rrequirements? I'm pretty sometimes it's not 4000, but 8000 for A/S-rank.

For the original adventure map, everything in the top two rows has 8000 as health requirement.

I'm a little late on this, but I just unlocked all the characters and weapons yesterday. I love how much content this game has.

When does the kill count for the Master Sword start dropping? The 25,000?

NeonZ

I'm a little late on this, but I just unlocked all the characters and weapons yesterday. I love how much content this game has.

When does the kill count for the Master Sword start dropping? The 25,000?

You need to unlock all weapons in the Legend mode and the original Adventure mode map first.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Does it also count variations of weapons? For example: Epona of Time and Twilight Epona? If so, I'm missing those from the adventure map.

If there are any gold sword icons left on the adventure map, just make those your target. If there aren't, you're set. Get those 25k kills with the master sword to unlock the ability to work on the 25k skills on other weapons.

Google an image of the adventure mode map before any of it is unlocked, when each tile is just a solid color. Every red tile has a damage cap of 10k instead of 4.

Jackano

Google an image of the adventure mode map before any of it is unlocked, when each tile is just a solid color. Every red tile has a damage cap of 10k instead of 4.
This will usefull for the next maps, thanks.

But this too only emphasis how cryptic can be this game here and there.
Requirements for A/S-ranks and skulltulas should be in clear in the menus, and the player notfied when one of those fail during gameplay.

This will usefull for the next maps, thanks.

But this too only emphasis how cryptic can be this game here and there.
Requirements for A/S-ranks and skulltulas should be in clear in the menus, and the player notfied when one of those fail during gameplay.

Exact requirements for Skulltulas ARE in the menu, oddly enough. Under Character Info or some such non-descriptive option.

McNum

Is there a way to tell the recommended level for a stage on the Adventure mode map? Seems like I can go from casually beating up everyone to losing a quarter of my health in a second just by going one step to the right on the map. Zelda's Wind Waker unlock stage was overwhelming. "Zelda! Do everything! You lose!"

I do like playing as Zelda with a Rapier. Very agile, a nice little gimmick, and that special attack just never gets old. Zelda clears a path like a queen. Zelda with the Dominion Rod is... She sure hits hard, but she feels so sluggish compared to her sword dancing Rapier self. I so need to find the Tier 3 Rapier unlocking spot soon. Preferably after Zelda gets some levels on her. 29 isn't bad, but a bit on the low side here and there.

Also, what's everyone's favorite test drive map? You know, trying out new weapons and characters without having to worry about strategy, just seeing their moves in action and getting a feel for how they fight.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Also, what's everyone's favorite test drive map? You know, trying out new weapons and characters without having to worry about strategy, just seeing their moves in action and getting a feel for how they fight.

There are these "rack up your kos" levels on the master quest map, they might be my favorites. So many mooks that the game can't even render them all half the time. Fun for just blowing everyone away with various attacks.

McNum

There are these "rack up your kos" levels on the master quest map, they might be my favorites. So many mooks that the game can't even render them all half the time. Fun for just blowing everyone away with various attacks.
Oh that's a thing? I need to go find one of those. I do hope Rupees become more common later, I seem to hover around 100,000 and then I buy one of the DLC characters up to level 15, to fight some with them in the easier parts of the game.

Actually does leveling up increase your defenses? So that an attack that would do a full heart only does a quarter to you after gaining enough levels?

Just curious, but is the latest patch out in the US? I'm vacationing at my mom's in New Zealand and while I brought my Wii U with me, I disabled stand by downloads, so I'm not sure if it'll download the update automatically.

Jackano

Exact requirements for Skulltulas ARE in the menu, oddly enough. Under Character Info or some such non-descriptive option.
I know, but my post was targeting the fact that the description for the 2nd skulltula almost always have "????" instead of a plain one.

PS: I did it, unlocked all the weapons of the OG Adventure Map. Damn, when was the last time I felt such a sense of achievement in a game? Can't even tell.
My Agitha was ready at lv.66, but I still used a badass potion (special bar filling up all the time). Been hit with 5000~damage and finished in 14 minutes.
I still had to retry once, as the first time, I didn't paid attention to the Manhandla babies and they blow the base.

Edit: Oh and, what's the f**k with the map item swaps in Master Quest map?

Lyndzei

Neo Member
Wat. Does it really.

I am.. pretty sure it doesn't. Just the defense badges do that, and only on levels with element recommendations.

It really does. ^^'

It can be tested easily, I took two chars :
- Link with Fire Rod (392 power, Strengh II & locked skills) level 255 with all badges / 43 hearts - 17200 HP.
- Young Link (392 power, Strength IV & Slot+) level 40 with all badges / 17 hearts - 6800 HP.

Last Legend map on Hero difficulty, light element recommendation.
Link hit by a Dinolfos' tail attack : Half a heart lost, 200 damage.
Young Link hit by a Dinolfos' tail attack : 7 hearts and a quarter lost, 2900 damage.

Link hit by a Dinolfos' charging attack : Quarter lost, 100 damage.
Young Link hit by a Dinolfos' charging attack : 3 Hearts and a quarter lost, 1300 damage.

Or in Adventure mode. Dark Ganondorf Divisive Plan on Twilight Princess Map (F5), no element recommandation.
Link hit by Dark Ganondorf's very first regular sword attack : Two hearts lost, pause menu says 800 damage.
Young Link hit by Dark Ganondorf's very first regular sword attack : 10 hearts and a half lost, pause menu says 4200 damage.

Edit :
Edit: Oh and, what's the f**k with the map item swaps in Master Quest map?
If you can't find the enemy and there are no blue butterflies, you have to use the recorder. Even on a shining tree, yeah. :D

Top Bottom