• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

NeonZ

Ugh, terrible. Surely, SURELY they will eventually be made a separate download for the Wii U version - they wouldn't go through the effort of creating these characters and not sell them to a broader audience, right? Hell, as small as the Wii U install base is, it's probably still bigger than the N3DS audience. And if someone is *only* buying the N3DS version, why would they buy the Wii U version anyway?

And no bundle with everything in it. Dammit. This will run me $90 just to get the game plus DLC, with no guarantee that I'll eventually be able to buy everything else that is added. I should probably pass for now :(

Hyrule Warriors Legends isn't N3DS exclusive, it's compatible with the standard 3DS too.

Regarding the costumes, I just checked, and each costume pack costs 1 dollar. There's Ocarina, Twilight and Skyward which are for Zelda and Link, alongside "Power" for Ganondorf, with his Ocarina and Twilight costumes. That adds 4 dollars to the DLC price then.

Cindro

Oh yeah? I was almost positive it was a N3DS game - glad to be wrong about that. In that case, I can just rent the 3DS game or buy it used and return it from GameStop to get the extra characters. And only $4 for the rest of the DLC? Okay, I might be back on board now. Awesome - thanks for the info.

The DLC bundle pack does come with everything but a few costumes that were previously pre-order exclusive. No big deal, imo. All the DLC content and pricing is in the OP. And the new content will definitely be released separately for Wii U later.

TheMoon

The DLC bundle pack does come with everything but a few costumes that were previously pre-order exclusive. No big deal, imo. All the DLC content and pricing is in the OP. And the new content will definitely be released separately for Wii U later.

cNeNxUY.jpg

:D

Cindro

All the DLC content and pricing is in the OP.
Yeah yeah yeah. Not every OP gets updated with post-release details, and since I just did a quick google search to find this thread in the first place I didn't even think to check it. I'm sure you'll all live :p

Still, I do quite appreciate the info. This, Pikmin, and Captain Todd are the only three Wii U games I'm interested in that I've not yet played, and since the holiday lineup for the system this year is so abortion-esque I figured it's high time I do my catching up.

Oh yeah? I was almost positive it was a N3DS game - glad to be wrong about that. In that case, I can just rent the 3DS game or buy it used and return it from GameStop to get the extra characters.

1) IIRC, while the game itself is not N3DS exclusive, on the original 3DS it has no 3D effect.
2) I'm assuming the 3DS version comes with a single-use code for unlocking the characters on the Wii U. It's very unlikely that rental or secondhand copies will have an unused one.

Hegarol

I will be getting this game for Christmas.

How should I buy the DLC? Everything before I start playing or beat the game then start with the DLC?

NeonZ

How should I buy the DLC? Everything before I start playing or beat the game then start with the DLC?

Both the Adventure and story maps assume you have a higher level than what you'd have in the beginning of the main game. On the other hand, the extra characters, weapons, costumes and such will be perfectly usable from the start. I guess you could wait, since it'd mean more new stuff alongside the Adventure maps.

Both the Adventure and story maps assume you have a higher level than what you'd have in the beginning of the main game. On the other hand, the extra characters, weapons, costumes and such will be perfectly usable from the start. I guess you could wait, since it'd mean more new stuff alongside the Adventure maps.

I agree.

Even though I love the game, I kind of regret buying the DLC. I've played this for 200+ hours, but there's so much content in the base game that I've barely touched the DLC ^_^

Dreavus

You could probably sit on it for a while. The new characters are fun, but many missions (even in the original adventure map) call for a specific character to get the reward from it, and none of the DLC chars feature on that first map. Doesn't mean you can't use them, but to get the A rank Hearts/weapons you'll need to be using a character it asks for.

For the record I think I've dumped 200 hours or so and only have done the original adventure map + about half of the Master quest map. Barely touched the others!

Phoenixus

Been playing this on and off the last couple days, just had a fairly hefty update pop up. All the Legends characters Im guessing. :)

Edit. Yup, Legends content. :)

Dreavus

Been playing this on and off the last couple days, just had a fairly hefty update pop up. All the Legends characters Im guessing. :)

Edit. Yup, Legends content. :)

Do you mean the free character or that Legends Wii U character pack?

I've been playing a bit the past few days too, probably because of these announcements.

Arizato

Is there anyone that is willing to part with their Legends Wii U DLC code? I am willing to pay for it. I just want to play as Linkle.

I need an EU key.

Razmos

The Wolf Link amiibo is compatible with the Wii U version after the update, gives a weapon for either Midna or Twili Midna

Dreavus

Is the Legends code different from the Wii U DLC that's supposed to be coming? I checked the store and didn't see anything come up yet.

steveovig

I'm a little confused on the newest DLC. Does the Wii U DLC come with new Adventure Maps or just new characters, etc?

EDIT:Nevermind, I think I figured it out. It stinks that we don't get the maps. I'm not buying a new 3DS just for that stuff. Forgive my ignorance.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Can anyone give me a tip to A rank the Dont Get Hit missions on the master quest map?
...Don't get hit?

lol, those are the ones where you also OHKO every enemy right? So use the bow or projectiles, so you can kite the enemies and say out of reach. I've found that helpful on occasion.

shaowebb

Can anyone give me a tip to A rank the Dont Get Hit missions on the master quest map?

One hit KO missions are Zelda with the Wind Baton. She puts out a spread of shots and then you dash cancel and put out a spread of shots ad infinitum etc etc.

She basically can go full bullethell and the wind baton's normally low damage doesn't matter in those stages. One hit kills. Her spread of super long ranger shots is something like 8 or so tornadoes and not only do they travel nearly full screen but they are super fast too. You'll rip those stages apart.

MANUELF

Banned
...Don't get hit?

lol, those are the ones where you also OHKO every enemy right? So use the bow or projectiles, so you can kite the enemies and say out of reach. I've found that helpful on occasion.

One hit KO missions are Zelda with the Wind Baton. She puts out a spread of shots and then you dash cancel and put out a spread of shots ad infinitum etc etc.

She basically can go full bullethell and the wind baton's normally low damage doesn't matter in those stages. One hit kills. Her spread of super long ranger shots is something like 8 or so tornadoes and not only do they travel nearly full screen but they are super fast too. You'll rip those stages apart.

Dont get hit are different from Every attack is devastating, the enemies dont die in a single hit

Dont get hit are different from Every attack is devastating, the enemies dont die in a single hit

All I did for these was grind a few levels to ensure I could kill the important enemies in a short amount of time and dodge a lot while blocking constantly. It shouldn't take more than a few tries if you're familiar with the characters you're fighting and when to not attack. I'm also pretty sure you can motor through the important tasks within the mission and ignore everything else and still win with these.

MANUELF

Banned
All I did for these was grind a few levels to ensure I could kill the important enemies in a short amount of time and dodge a lot while blocking constantly. It shouldn't take more than a few tries if you're familiar with the characters you're fighting and when to not attack. I'm also pretty sure you can motor through the important tasks within the mission and ignore everything else and still win with these.

I will try that, I tried the upgraded items way but while using the bomb I get hit by the mooks, there are a whole lot of them and I cant advance because I need to A rank them, until now I have one with Volga, another with Wizro and one with Lana

Kinsei

Banned
I will try that, I tried the upgraded items way but while using the bomb I get hit by the mooks, there are a whole lot of them and I cant advance because I need to A rank them, until now I have one with Volga, another with Wizro and one with Lana

You don't need to kill a bunch of enemies like normal missions. Just rush for the targets and only attack when you know you're safe.

MANUELF

Banned
You don't need to kill a bunch of enemies like normal missions. Just rush for the targets and only attack when you know you're safe.
Well I managed to A rank both Volga and Wizzro, for Volga I spamed XXXXY and for Wizzro his X combo and XXXY, have yet to try Lana though, already got the level 2 and 3 weapons for Volga, Wizzro and Cia

MANUELF

Banned
Sorry for double posting but this deserved it, Finally 100% the adventure map and the master quest one, Im soooooo happy that Im done with them but there are still two left, the twilight and termina ones maybe next year I will do them

Rafavert

Sorry for double posting but this deserved it, Finally 100% the adventure map and the master quest one, Im soooooo happy that Im done with them but there are still two left, the twilight and termina ones maybe next year I will do them

I've just cleared those two myself =p Finished the Adventure Map long ago, but the new characters gave me a second wind and finished Master Quest's. Twillight Princess' and Termina are rather hard, though... I guess I'm a bit underleveled, but I use many characters. Only got two over 100.

Andamo

Neo Member
Someone told me that you don't have to pick up item/weapon drops for you to get them--that they automatically are picked up at the end of the scenario. Is that true?

Kinsei

Banned
Any tips to A rank the rewards adventure map? I swear the boss rush one is impossible

Do you have the true master sword by getting 25k kills with the master sword after getting every other weapon? That's what I used to A rank the boss rush. once stunned use this combo to decimate the bosses weakness gauge: Roll > heavy > light, light, light > heavy

NeonZ

I had a level 99 Link with the unlocked Master Sword when I finished that. I think you'll pretty much need to use some light alignment character due to the Imprisoned.

MANUELF

Banned
Do you have the true master sword by getting 25k kills with the master sword after getting every other weapon? That's what I used to A rank the boss rush. once stunned use this combo to decimate the bosses weakness gauge: Roll > heavy > light, light, light > heavy
I do but I tried with Cia, Manhandla is the killer one here

I had a level 99 Link with the unlocked Master Sword when I finished that. I think you'll pretty much need to use some light alignment character due to the Imprisoned.
My Link is level 93, is that good enough?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got around to playing this over the past couple of weeks and have gotten pretty hooked. Grabbed the DLC and the 3DS version as well. :D

I've finished a first run through of all the story missions (including Cia's) in Legend Mode on Wii U, though I have a lot of skulltulas to go back for, and am currently messing around on the orginal adventure map. Linkle is a lot of fun to play as!

Overall, I like it way more than I thought I would. I've never played a Warriors game before. I haven't played the 3DS version much, but I do like that you can switch between characters on the fly on some levels.

MANUELF

Banned
I finally got around to playing this over the past couple of weeks and have gotten pretty hooked. Grabbed the DLC and the 3DS version as well. :D

I've finished a first run through of all the story missions (including Cia's) in Legend Mode on Wii U, though I have a lot of skulltulas to go back for, and am currently messing around on the orginal adventure map. Linkle is a lot of fun to play as!

Overall, I like it way more than I thought I would. I've never played a Warriors game before. I haven't played the 3DS version much, but I do like that you can switch between characters on the fly on some levels.

The game is really good so is no surprise you liked it, my only problem with it is that it has too much content and I wont be able to complete it all, Im already trapped in the termina map

NeonZ

The real problem is that the Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask DLC maps in the Wii U version have very bad balance.

The hardest stages in those maps were clearly balanced for characters above level 100, and even the easiest stages are comparable with the hardest stages in the other maps as far as unit stats go, but they don't give weapons or experience on par with that progression, but rather just on par with the original map, aside from some extras (like extra materials from bosses). So, the first few maps give prizes like it were a map in the beginning of the original Adventure map, even though it's clearly at a much higher difficulty level.

The worst problem about that is that it makes catching up very hard. I had left the Majora's Mask map unfinished in order to use the new DLC characters there, but now I'll have to grind a lot in order to make them actually do decent damage to the enemies in those stages. The base game didn't really suffer from that.

The 3ds version fixed those issues though by introducing a 4th weapon level for those maps, and balancing their prizes to match their difficulty.

MANUELF

Banned
The real problem is that the Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask DLC maps in the Wii U version have very bad balance.

The hardest stages in those maps were clearly balanced for characters above level 100, and even the easiest stages are comparable with the hardest stages in the other maps as far as unit stats go, but they don't give weapons or experience on par with that progression, but rather just on par with the original map, aside from some extras (like extra materials from bosses). So, the first few maps give prizes like it were a map in the beginning of the original Adventure map, even though it's clearly at a much higher difficulty level.

The worst problem about that is that it makes catching up very hard. I had left the Majora's Mask map unfinished in order to use the new DLC characters there, but now I'll have to grind a lot in order to make them actually do decent damage to the enemies in those stages. The base game didn't really suffer from that.
I have ALL my characters lvl 104 and I STILL have problems with those maps and the damage taken

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
The game is really good so is no surprise you liked it, my only problem with it is that it has too much content and I wont be able to complete it all, Im already trapped in the termina map

Yeah I have no delusions of finishing everything. 😀

It's a great pick up and play game so I'll be playing it for a long time though.

The terrible balancing of the Twilight Princess and Termina maps are the sole reason I haven't completed them. Some of those levels are clearly balanced around level 200 or even level 250 characters, but there's no good way to earn that many levels for everybody. I want to complete those maps eventually, but as it is, I boot up the game every so often to grind levels for a couple characters and then leave because getting everyone up there is incredibly boring. :|

Sagitario

If only the money glitch wasn't so random or it was easier to trigger :(
I doubt they would update the game to require less money to level up.

Top Bottom