• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

Yawnier

Banned
It's funny as well because some of the best dynasty warriors have come out actually recently........Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2&3 and the newest dynasty warriors were some of the best of the series by far.

I don't buy DW games based on graphics and I won't start now they are just plain fun to play......and finally something I can look forward to dusting my WiiU off with.

Yep, DW7, DW8, and WO3 were all fun and enjoyable games and are among the best of the Musou games after that terrible DW6 so I have faith that this one can be enjoyable too.

This Link looks similar to the one featured in that Skyward Sword prologue manga... Might justify Link fighting hoards of enemies at once.

Krakn3Dfx

mrw-my-friend-tells-his-gf-she-looks-like-shes-gaining-weight-10737.gif

Just noticed zelda in that fire rod gif.

I don't understand why they chose DW for the crossover, perhaps a quick job to fill the game for the main game, but the type of combat and mechanics seen here would've worked well in Zelda U. Maybe it's the high number of enemies on screen that probably wouldn't have suited Zelda U if they were going for the fidelity of the tech demo, I don't know, I've never played DW before. At least they're experimenting more with the series. We'll just have to wait to see how it turns out. I'm not expecting it to surpass most zelda games, but to say it looks junk based of this little footage seems a little premature.

All those zelda fans asking for a more combat focused zelda, well now you have it (sorta). Time to sword = instant.

bbafb31f8f29620b41c965dcc4cd7041.gif

This is not what they meant lol. The closest resemblance to Zelda combat is from the Souls series. This is a hack and slash game, totally different combat.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
This looks terrible. Couldn't they have picked a more competent developer to collaborate with? When was the last time Tecmo Koei made a good game?

Your idea of competent may be different than Nintendo's. TK's sales were through the roof this year.

Thorakai

At first I thought this was just another stop-gap for the the Wii U Zelda, but since it's being made by a non-Nintendo developer I guess they just wanted to slap the IP onto a Musou game for reasons. I was a big Dynasty Warriors fan during the PS2 days and this certainly grabbed my interest, but I would have liked to see other IPs being used for this project since Zelda is already overused. A Metroid Musou would have been great or even Fire Emblem.

Mit-

I'm pumped for this. Drooling over the fanservice and it has potential for a lot of different enemies, levels, and weapons.

I love that they showed off a clearly Ocarina of Time inspired Hyrule Field, and King Dodongo looked great. Loved the Fire Rod as well. I'll definitely play this.

Won't buy a Wii U for it, but whenever I get one I'll get this.

This looks terrible. Couldn't they have picked a more competent developer to collaborate with? When was the last time Tecmo Koei made a good game?

I like the DW games but I'm just sort of indifferent towards this. Between the active platforms there are literally like a dozen other options to get your Musou fix. This seems like the worst possible choice for a collaboration that will get people excited and attracted to Wii U for that very reason.

Jsheldon

As an early 30's gamer
With limited time this won't make me pick up a wii u system...but a new Nintendo made "true" Zelda probably would, and I would 100% pick this up at the same time as the system and true Zelda game.

This isn't mind blowing, but it's pretty damn cool and interesting none the less. Glad it's being made!

ohlawd

devs stop fucking around and give me a playable Zelda with almost no clothes, giant breasts and shit tons of different magic attacks

pls pls pls

jmizzal

This thread is so funny we have
Day 1
i'm now buying a WiiU
Heck yea love it

Then
Nintendo has lost its shit
wtf is this
looks terrible

obviously graphics dont look great but the game looks fun and the fan service is there I will def be there day 1

FaintDeftone

Wow I must be in the minority here, but I fucking hate Dynasty Warriors. Taking a series I hate and mashing it with a series I adore makes me want to cry.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Not a fan of Musou games, but it seems that many people are, so I think it's actually a smart move.

Vorundor

Looks like fun but the look of it is a bit sub-par. I know its not done but Tecmo Koei doesn't really try too hard to make games look good. Sure it favors the number of on-screen characters but its a Zelda game, it requires a bit more polish than DW usually have.

Still, I'm getting this. Day One!

I really dig the style.

Link's design is awesome, way better than Skyward's imo.

Hopefully they use him for the next proper Zelda!

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather have them do a Zelda game in FE style than... This.

No give me a Fire Emblem with the Zelda engine. I don't know how that would work but I want it. It would still make more sense than Starfox using it.

Maybe they came up with the title Hyrule Warriors crazy last minute.
There's probably a lot of back and forth still on the english name. Koei's had a constant battle with whether the "Warriors" name stands on it's own, or whether they need to slap on the full "Dynasty Warrior" name onto it. See Dynasty Warrior: Gundam for the most hilarious explanation/use of this.

Since Dynasty Warriors 8, Gundam 3, the first Hokuto Musou, Orochi 2, and Pirate Warriors 2.

Not that I've assumed you've played any of those games.

The game looks awesome, love me some Dynasty Warriors and Zelda. I bought a PS3 for those One Piece Musou games and that was a great decision, if I didn't have a Wii U already I'd certainly buy one for this.

Although somebody said Fire Emblem Musou and now I'm slightly disappointed it wasn't that.

Top Bottom