• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

Angelcurio

a0uOUOF.jpg

This is really dissapointing for me, since Zelda is the only Nintendo IP that is a system seller for me, so this news definitiely means that this game will be released in 2014, which in turn would translate into the proper Zelda Wii U not coming out until 2015.

Mr Swine

Banned
a0uOUOF.jpg

This is really dissapointing for me, since Zelda is the only Nintendo IP that is a system seller for me, so this news definitiely means that this game will be released in 2014, which in turn would translate into the proper Zelda Wii U not coming out until 2015.

Uuhhh it's not the Zelda game Nintendo is making...

Its like the Dynasty Warriors team looked at the ending sequence of Skyward Sword and said "Hey Nintendo, we can do that for you but better" and then Nintendo was all like "Prove it" and then they did.

JoeFu

Banned
Screw the haters. I freaking love me Musou games and Links attacks looked really fun. He really does look like the Manga Link from before SS.

Would've liked FE Musou as it makes perfect sense ,but Zelda Musou is fine by me. Hopefully there are a good number of characters so multiplayer isn't just a Link and Link running around.

If all different versions of Link are playable and they are all visually extremely different I'm down.

Playable Characters:

SS Link
TP Link
Ocarina Link
Young Link
Toon Link
ALTTP "pink hair" Link
Zelda I artwork Link
Dark Link
Zora Link
Goron Link
Deku Link
"Link" Kirby

+ various Ganondorfs, Ghiraim, Zant etc.

Albo

Just noticed zelda in that fire rod gif.

I don't understand why they chose DW for the crossover, perhaps a quick job to fill the game for the main game, but the type of combat and mechanics seen here would've worked well in Zelda U. Maybe it's the high number of enemies on screen that probably wouldn't have suited Zelda U if they were going for the fidelity of the tech demo, I don't know, I've never played DW before. At least they're experimenting more with the series. We'll just have to wait to see how it turns out. I'm not expecting it to surpass most zelda games, but to say it looks junk based of this little footage seems a little premature.

All those zelda fans asking for a more combat focused zelda, well now you have it (sorta). Time to sword = instant.

bbafb31f8f29620b41c965dcc4cd7041.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
This won't get them interested in the Zelda Franchise.

Hell they may just not buy it because no Three Kingdoms equals no sale.

01./00. [PS3]Fist of the North Star: Warriors(Koei) - 385.295 / NEW
01.(__) [PS3]One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Bandai Namco) - 668,528 /668,528
02. / 00. [PS3] Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 (Bandai Namco) {16/12/10} - 185.908 / NEW

Yes, no Three Kingdoms does equal no sale. Quite obviously.

Zelda....Musou?

Now I KNOW Nintendo be trollin'.

If they'll whore off Zelda to Tecmo Koei then why not share her with Retro too?

Huh Nintendo?

Castef

Banned
Its like the Dynasty Warriors team looked at the ending sequence of Skyward Sword and said "Hey Nintendo, we can do that for you but better" and then Nintendo was all like "Prove it" and then they did.

"Yep, give us some Link skins and about 30 minutes and we'll be back with the prototype".

jonno394

Screw the haters. I freaking love me Musou games and Links attacks looked really fun. He really does look like the Manga Link from before SS.

Would've liked FE Musou as it makes perfect sense ,but Zelda Musou is fine by me. Hopefully there are a good number of characters so multiplayer isn't just a Link and Link running around.

Maybe it will be set during that War :excited:

Trailer looked a little rough to me, bit 'fan made hack' sorta look to it you know?

Some of the pics now look way better though. :\

Either way I'm interested, I know my brother will frickin' love it as he's a big fan of Musou games so sprinkle Zelda in it too and yea, bring it on.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have a Wii U but I'd totally buy this if I did. And I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy it more than the last few Zelda games I played.

01./00. [PS3]Fist of the North Star: Warriors(Koei) - 385.295 / NEW
01.(__) [PS3]One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Bandai Namco) - 668,528 /668,528
02. / 00. [PS3] Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 (Bandai Namco) {16/12/10} - 185.908 / NEW

Yes, no Three Kingdoms does equal no sale. Quite obviously.

Do you think Zelda is as strong as any of those anime/manga franchises in Japan.

a0uOUOF.jpg

This isn't being developed by Nintendo so it has no affect on Zelda U development. Theres nothing to say that both cant be released this year.

Van Owen

Banned
Game seriously looks like complete fucking shit.

I swear, I think Nintendo thinks inserting one of their characters into some shitty game/genre means an instant buy from consumers.

trixx

I have to agree with him. Twilight Princess was a terrible Zelda game. Boring and forgettable, stupid dungeon items...

I do agree that there are a lot of boring portions of twilight princess. But the dungeon designs were at it's peak. Twilight princess probably has some of the best dungeons for 3d zelda, skywaard sword is very good as well.

Skyward sword is the combat oriented zelda, game looks like ending portion of skyward but obviously because it's on stronger hardware theres more enemies and bigger environmennts. Add dynasty warriors crazy, tedious game mechanics.

This looks awful. I can't believe Nintendo is willing to just hand off one their biggest IP's to a 3rd party studio only to make a Dynasty Warriors clone.

Zelda....Musou?

Now I KNOW Nintendo be trollin'.

If they'll whore off Zelda to Tecmo Koei then why not share her with Retro too?

Huh Nintendo?

Because Retro Studios since 2010 was already making a followup to their highly successful Wii game, and at least three other Zelda games were in development at Nintendo studios at the time that this was probably greenlit.

D_prOdigy

Mainline Zelda by 2015? You're pretty optimistic!

Top Bottom