• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

Ikon

I've been thinking about getting another musou game (last one I played was on OG Xbox). Not entirely sure if Link makes me more or less inclined to get this one.

TasTokyo

Is this a joke right?

Nintendo must have some real problems in making new games if they greenlighted this stuff.

It's rather that they are just in desperate need of any 3rd party support they can get. If it means having to let developers use their franchises they will do it. They basically just need anything.

there actually was a japanese logo:

5VWwAFd.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
I had no idea GAFers were such Dynasty Warriors fans.

The time period is pretty fun and back in the day on PS2 the games got me interested enough to buy the books. But after a billion games and almost no evolution in how the game plays or looks I got tired of it years ago.

elyetis

I love dynasty warriors and samurai warriors, but how is this not fire emblem? Could've been sooo much better.
Seriously, are we only gonna able to play as link? FE has hundreds of characters for the choosing. This is a pretty silly move by ninty.
They keep the superior FE licence for a spin off from an also superior licence : sengoku basara.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
there's actually a bit of a fanbase out here in the west, enough for them to practically release every single musou game, even those based off of anime series never released here.

Go and play Gundam 3, or Dynasty Warriors 8. Seriously, those are really good games.

You're preaching to the choir. I love the Gundam versions. People who genuinely don't know what musou is, sure, use this as your entry because you got your fav char on the cover, but people who purposely avoided musou till now but will get this.. just funny.

I thought Gundam Vs was considered by Gundam GAF as the superior gundam game.

Oh yes, I played that one and it's quite amazing. I'm not that into Musou games tbh, I'm just happy we got an announcements a new game, if it's at least decent I'll be happy. Believe me, I'm keeping my expectations really low, I hope Nintendo at least makes sure it ends up as a good game.

Copenap

I don't get this.

Warrior Dynasty type games are mainly popular in Japan. Zelda games are mainly popular in the West. Making this mix feels so stuck in the middle and in the end it will only appeal to gaf :(

Yawnier

Banned
I can't even believe this is happening. My favorite Nintendo series and one of my favorite 3rd party series collaborating. Hnggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Wow.... never expected this!!! I'll definitely will buy this whenever i get a chance to nab a Wii U system at a later time when most good games come out.

I like it and i know it's not the next Zelda U game. I can't wait for the real Zelda U comes out in '16 or '17.

Camwi

I've been gaming since the 80's and have never heard the term "Musou" before. WTF does that mean?

I'm so lost but this does look kinda fun to me. Would this be like a $20 game? Or is this a full fledged $60 title?

Do "Musou" games typically have multiplayer? Seems like it would be fun to run around with 2 or 3 friends doing what they are doing in the trailer.

It'll be full priced, and yes they do have online and local multiplayer, though I can't comment on how bad or good that aspect is because I've only ever played singleplayer.

Anteo

I'm in as long as Link isn't the only playable character.

I'm torn about this, I wanted FE musou so I could rain dead as a pegasus knight from the sky (not really because they wouldnt do it, but I would like many characters to try).

But if it's Link, I dont want more characters. But a musou game with only one character...

From looking at this thread it's starting to become quite clear that Nintendo's problems is that they cater too much to their die hard fans. This is going to turn into another bomb.

trixx

On second look it looks like a ps2 game. I'll pass on this one, not even a fan of dynasty warrior gameplay. But it's good to see new games and hopefully fans of both will pick it up

Usually you can play as both sides of the story, Ganondorf and the like possibly will be playable.

Still im hoping for a wacked out Majora battle.

Ohh... Play as Ganon to stop Majora... Ganon wouldn't want Majora to win, because there'd be nothing to rule in Majora's aftermath.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
This makes me think Zelda U is farther away than we all thought :/ This will probably suck like all other Mesou games I've played.

Camwi

I'm torn about this, I wanted FE musou so I could rain dead as a pegasus knight from the sky (not really because they wouldnt do it, but I would like many characters to try).

But if it's Link, I dont want more characters. But a musou game with only one character...

Why wouldn't you want more characters than just Link?

Top Bottom