• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

emb

d7508300f39f58699b6ebe5c574d03a0.gif

Bokoblin AI looking a bit braindead as usual, granted they've always been dumb grunts.
Ok, I'm sold. That looks fun to do, even if the enemies are just lifeless dummies.

Haunted

Sequel to Link's Crossbow Training??

Hoping it's a proper full game and not just a short distraction like LCT.

Hedja

Hopefully Nintendo has some input into it and adds some polish. Dynasty Warriors franchise is a bit... nasty.

Long way to go though considering it doesn't even have a final name.

Moff

if they go panic fan service mode, they should go it all the way and call it nintendo warriors, add samus, pit, mario etc. as playable characters in many nintendo franchise enviroments.

Love musou games. I'm kind of surprised this didn't happen sooner.
Still waiting for the romance of the three kingdoms style top level strategy with musou battles game to come out. Seems like a no brainer.

teeny

This is not the Zelda spinoff I had in my mind's eye. Can't say I have ever been overly interested in Musou games but as a Zelda fan I guess I will be giving this a try. I am disappointed, though.

Platinum made Sheik action game please, Nintendo.

Also, what is the issue people had with Crossbow Training? As a pack in for a random peripheral, I thought it was pretty good.

Hakai

there are really people who didn't get that this is a spinoff game? As Iwata said during the direct it is NOT the core Zelda U game.

And i'm excited for this game, since I like the musou games and obviously Zelda.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
This is a Musou games so that likely means multiple characters. Putting my money on Link, Zelda (not Shiek but ala Twilight Princess), a Goron, Hyrule Guard, Impa. I don't see Gandandorf being a playable character but instead an enemy. It makes no sense for him to fight on the side of Hyrule. I don't see Toon Link either due to the style of the game.

I'm sure Ganondorf can fight against Hyrule Army. Or fight when he is the 7 year evil king.

----------------

Yeah that's totally Pre-SS Manga Link. Only difference is his scarf cape was red and he had a shoulder guard on both sides.

Silky

Banned
Considering how fast those games are crapped I wouldnt be surprised if it ends up looking very close to this,

it takes two-three years for a mainline Musou game to come out, im pretty sure they don't come out aggressively.

and Omega Force has beeen doing well with Orochi 3, Dynasty Musou 8 and One Piece musou.

lol devaluing the IP come the fuck on you do know crossbow training, FSA, and Twilight Princess exists. stop acting like this shit is sacred.

Tiu Neo

there are really people who didn't get that this is a spin off game? As Iwata said during the direct it is NOT the core Zelda U game.

And i'm excited for this game, since I like the musou games and obviously Zelda.

Yep, that's it. It's a spinoff, looks like fun, and the combination fits. Don't worry, we'll get a new Zelda soon enough.

Jarate

Banned
To the people saying that Link's Crossbow whatever is as bad, did you hear that horrific remix in the trailer? Arent you guys even aware that they gave the franchise to Omega Force? This isnt Flagship, this is one of the worse most insipid teams on the industry. A studio like Next Level Games working on something like this would have been interesting and still arise some concerns, but they just straight up gave it to a studio that even Team Ninja Dog probably makes fun of.

And just because you don't like the series, doesn't mean it's shit

seriously guys, go play 7,8 or the gundam games, and realize that Omega Force are very capable developers.

I guess you can't see why anyone like Final Fight or Streets of Rage either.

The think that makes Musou so much worse is the braindead (literally) AI that do nothing but crowd in large circles around you so you can slaughter them and the moves have so large areas of effects that the game becomes too easy.

This is a Musou games so that likely means multiple characters unless it's just Link with all of his weapons as shown in the trailer. Putting my money on the following.

Adult Link, Zelda (not Shiek but ala Twilight Princess), a Goron, a Hyrule Guard, Impa.

I don't see Gandandorf being a playable character but instead an enemy. It makes no sense for him to fight on the side of Hyrule. I don't see Toon Link either due to the style of the game.

Usually you can play as both sides of the story, Ganondorf and the like possibly will be playable.

Still im hoping for a wacked out Majora battle.

Sushigod7

I'm not sure who this really caters to? I think it looks interesting but will wait to see more these types of games get old after an hour or so I guess they are counting on people playing by default because it's Zelda. Maybe next year is the year of Link? He's in Smash, Majora's remake, Wii U title announced and this?

Yonafunu

Guys, just imagine all the different characters you could play as!
Link, Ganon(dorf), Zelda, Sheik, Skull Kid, Tingle, Fi, Navi, Groose, King of Red Lions, The Windfish, that bee-guy from A Link Between Worlds, the list is endless!

watershed

Banned
This mash up amuses me. I wonder how it will sell though. The negativity is a little overwhelming in here. Just because you don't like a game or style of game doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.

Loxley

This is either the most awesome dumb idea ever for a Zelda game or the dumbest awesome idea ever for a Zelda game.

Camwi

Eh?
If you've played one Musou game, you've got pretty good grounds to judge another, regardless of the skin.

Except if you actually played the series, you'd know that's not the case. The basic premise may be the same, but there's a big difference between DW6 (which was awful) and DW7, for example. Same for the Musou spinoffs.

Mory Dunz

Maybe it's ugly to get 60fps? (Lol)

Will probably buy if a lot of Zelda characters are in it. It the metacritic is above 70, I will be surprised and will definitely buy.

And of course there's no AI. It's a musou game. Hope it sells well in Japan.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I wonder if it will have local multi without splitscreen, using the gamepad screen, as warrior orochi 3

Silky

Banned
Has anyone played Musuo games here? They are shallow fighting games to say the least. I do not see why this series has such a large following.

because the series is fun

it's not a fighting game. it's a hack and slash.

you want a shallow hack and slash? fucking play Basara

Hopefully they fix a lot of the graphical issues I see here. Especially those two random (Hyrule?) guards that come sliding in from out of nowhere in the background once the attack is ending.

I think the game was shown really early. I would not be surprised if we already sawe all the assets that are in the game right now. A bland church and the TP Castle. I say it´s just the proof of concept trailer made by koei for Nintendo. A release in Summer is ambitious...

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
They are shallow, but I haven't played one in many years, I think I can give one a chance again.

So go buy Gundam or Ken right now. Let's face it, without the Link skin people in here wouldn't even look at this. Sad.

Top Bottom