• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am reading a terrible book and I can't stop. More info at http://www.neogaf.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vylash

Yeah. I think I'll withdraw from this site. Something not quite right when the use of your own name is frowned upon. My name is not rickchapman. My name is Rick Chapman. I'm not Number Six, either.

Best of luck.

Goodbye.

tumblr_llmxo6jJEs1qzqmwc.png

so long...partner

ibyea

Banned
Eh, don't feel sorry, he was being told the etiquette of this place and yet he took it as some sort of personal offense.

Although the Twitter harassment thing is not good guys!

Elija2

I think it would be a lot better if us writers could have this information in our tags.

Can someone please change my tag to "Author of My Endless Suffering: A Sonic the Hedgehog Fanfiction"?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
This thread was incredibly amusing and funny but you guys chased him off and it's a little sad now.

No one really chased him off, he was just very adamant about his name.

whipihguh

Banned
Did he seriously leave because his username wasn't capitalized and didn't have a space in between his first and last name?

Couldn't he have just...made his username Rick Chapman?

His fucking twitter account name is still rickchapman53 and he could change that at any time! He doesn't seem to be complaining about that!

I don't get it

Falcs

Banned
Damn, I can't believe I missed this!
I just caught up on the thread. Fricken amazing! Haha.
Man I love this place!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Right now, this is funny, but it would be great if we, as Gaf-ers laugh a bit and leave him alone and not stalk/harass/troll him. Gentle fun-poking should be the extent of it. I'd hate for us to get a reputation as anything other than International Millionaire Playboys.

Agreed. To make up for this sadness, you guys should read my sweet book and complain about how bad it is instead!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NS9FOQK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Nice try. It wasn't bad at all. ;)

Now I kinda want to read his book.

Go for it. Hope he does get a few sales out of it all. His rank suggests GAF has already netted him one or two since the thread first started. Hard to tell what today will bring until the sales data refreshes, though.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Nice try. It wasn't bad at all. ;)

Go for it. Hope he does get a few sales out of it all. His rank suggests GAF has already netted him one or two since the thread first started. Hard to tell what today will bring until the sales data refreshes, though.

This makes me glad. Hope he sees some sales

Regiruler

I mean

I don't like it when people drive off creators from forums, message boards, etc. given that they're often a valuable source of information. But it's clear that he was being a bit obstinate.

We had a similar issue with Kevin Tewart over at Pojo, but that was a bit more of a tragedy given that, for years, he was the sole voice to the inner workings of localization.

Codeblue

It is the worst when a series you enjoy goes to shit and you have to keep reading for closure. Damn you Brian Herbert, why did you do that to Dune? From the sounds of it I might be running headlong into this situation again by having read the first two Revelation Space books and wanting to finish.

This is why I never read anything that's part of a series until it's over.

MattyG

Banned
What if we just Whiplashed this guy? In five years, he might release the best motherfuckin' book the world has ever seen. We're the cymbal, and Rick is Charlie Parker.

I'd say today was a job well done, folks.

Not

Banned
I'll go with Ready Player One

or Year Zero

EDIT: I feel like I may have missed the point of this thread by an insane margin

This is true, but we shouldn't dogpile on him too much... the light ribbing regarding his 'signature'-thing is fun, but taking it to his social media is a bit much IMO :eek:

For what it's worth, rickchapman Rick Chapman, the premise of your novel sounds like it would be quite the interesting read :eek:

RjaUPwI.gif
TUvS6oN.gif

++ Duke-Bishop Orrery Farseer, 4th estranged Carriangton Corps. presiding, Higheft Honours of Moft Exemplary and Underman-Stokenstone ++

T1Sq8co.gif

"My psyker brings all the Warp to the fold
And she's like
More heathen than yours,
Frak, she's more heathen than yours
She'll flux you,
But she has to charge

Eye knows she wants it,
The terror that flakes me,
What the daemons go crazy for
They lose their minds,
The way she grinds,
I think it's fine

Slaa Slaa-Slaa Slaa Slaa
'Nesh it up.
Slaa-la-la-Slaa-la,
'Nesh spawn is waiting~❤
"

PSN/Xbox Live/Xfire/Steam/NeoGAF ~❤ Blargonaut
Yeah, OG Argonaut With The Bacon-Lettuce, Crisp Crispy

JASOOOOOOOOOON! JASOOOOON!

--- Ask me about my world domination plan. ---

Richie

I love this fucking forum, what a thread. I'd quote my personal highlights but can't figure out how.

EDIT: In retrospect, I am now feeling bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom