• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Am Setsuna and Disgaea 5 JP have English

kennyamr

Am I missing something?

I Am Setsuna doesn't have voice acting.
And the only battle sounds they added were in Japanese anyway.

mr lurtle

Man Amazon Japan is amazing! Ordered I am Setsuna thanks to this thread on friday and after just two days its already here with me in germany.

Ordered from Japan on Friday, arrived in the UK today. Booted game on my UK account, immediately set to English - didn't have to do a thing.

ias012guwa.jpg

ias02qja1c.jpg

ias067cunt.jpg

ias0554umt.jpg

ias07u5u8d.jpg

ias08vyu62.jpg

ias09pqu1k.jpg

Am I happy with how easy region-free is on Switch?

ias1133uaq.jpg

jonno394

I ordered mine from Amazon Japan too and it still isn't here yet! Thursday to be exact, arrived in Birmingham this morning at 3am, won't be delivered until tomorrow.

Looks great on the switch screen.

Rootbeer

Banned
Awesome thanks for the pics, can't wait to get mine! Even the icon changed to English, awesome. Looks like the region agnostic nature of some of these games really are done in the most proper way (well, except for dlc not working with all versions of the game but that is probably asking too much)

Mine arrives from amazon.co.jp Tues... they shipped DHL which sadly requires a signature though. Thankfully I SHOULD be home when they come on this occasion.

And a new generation of importers is born.

I hope Switch inherits the PS4/Vita mantle of having Asian-English releases of some games. I feel these two releases are lucky because they're already translated so are the exception not the norm, but there seems to be an ever-expanded business for English physical releases in Asia that hopefully Switch can get in on.

I've had Disgaea 5 Complete crash on me now after giving up in a battle and returning to base. It might have been caused by the exact position I was in though (console was low on battery and I'd done a lot of tinkering with the base positions and forgotten to save before going in).

kromeo

Is the English translation the full one that will be in the western release?

Might get Disgaea 5 again, Zelda won't last more than a few weeks

Is the English translation the full one that will be in the western release?

Its the PS4 English translation, warts and all, except for some minor changes to account for the DLC being packed in and the Switch controls being different and not having trophies, so I'd be very surprised if it's not.

Safros

i know disgaea isn't really a graphical powerhouse but I'm curious if there is any notable performance drops on the more crowded maps.

I assume there is since there's noticeable framerate drops at your home base whenever you exit a facility. I've only played 20 hours, but none of the story battles so far have had any performance drops. Or at least, not any that I could notice.

MrFortyFive

Ordered Setsuna from Amazon JP last night. I'm sure the exact amount will vary based on import fees, currency, etc., but it's crazy to me that I can get a physical copy shipped from Japan to the US for only ~$5 more than the eshop price.

I assume there is since there's noticeable framerate drops at your home base whenever you exit a facility. I've only played 20 hours, but none of the story battles so far have had any performance drops. Or at least, not any that I could notice.

Were you playing docked ? I haven't noticed drops in portable mode but I'm also nowhere near base capacity. I haven't seen any noticeable slowdowns on battle maps yet either but it's Land Decimator on the Asagi's that's the real test, significant slow down there would be really bad since it's a grind key.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ordered Setsuna from Amazon JP last night. I'm sure the exact amount will vary based on import fees, currency, etc., but it's crazy to me that I can get a physical copy shipped from Japan to the US for only ~$5 more than the eshop price.

Was exactly my thought process. as someone who will prefer cartridges every time when possible it's a small price to pay.

Does setsuna run fine?

Pretty good, takes a few seconds to load when going in and out of buildings but the graphics look great in handheld mode and everything is readable (text, damage numbers etc)

On PC, the game assets looked kind of pixel-ized since it was a low budget unity game. On switch especially in handheld mode it looks great, and unlike Zelda I dont think you lose anything playing undocked (zelda has so much detail and scale that you need to play it in TV mode to appreciate it)

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Alright, I was all set to order Disgaea 5 from amazon.co.jp but there are a couple versions and I'm not sure what the difference is. There's one that's 7538 yen and another that's 6468. I was going to bet that the more expensive 7538 is the one I want, but it's called "A4 Clear File" according to my quick google translate so I'm not sure what that means, any help?

Here is what I'm looking at...

Jeffrey

Pretty good, takes a few seconds to load when going in and out of buildings but the graphics look great in handheld mode and everything is readable (text, damage numbers etc)

On PC, the game assets looked kind of pixel-ized since it was a low budget unity game. On switch especially in handheld mode it looks great, and unlike Zelda I dont think you lose anything playing undocked (zelda has so much detail and scale that you need to play it in TV mode to appreciate it)
I assume it's 30fps? It struggles on ps4 for 60fps so I can't imagine switch version targeting that.

Alright, I was all set to order Disgaea 5 from amazon.co.jp but there are a couple versions and I'm not sure what the difference is. There's one that's 7538 yen and another that's 6468. I was going to bet that the more expensive 7538 is the one I want, but it's called "A4 Clear File" according to my quick google translate so I'm not sure what that means, any help?.[/URL]

A clear file is one of the most common preordering bonuses for game software (and lots of other stuff) in Japan. It's a plastic file for holding papers, with a graphic of or related to the item it's being given away with.

mt-fuji-cloud-file_9495_grande.jpeg

Safros

Were you playing docked ? I haven't noticed drops in portable mode but I'm also nowhere near base capacity. I haven't seen any noticeable slowdowns on battle maps yet either but it's Land Decimator on the Asagi's that's the real test, significant slow down there would be really bad since it's a grind key.

No, portable, but I only began to notice it when I started to create a bunch of characters and mess around with stuff.

Deja

So happy how easy it was. My Setsuna arrived this morning and I just plugged it in and there was no messing around changing settings.

My I Am Setsuna is arriving tomorrow. I'm super excited to play it :)

By the way, shout out to Amazon Japan. It was an overnight delivery and they only charged me a $7 "international" fee. I'm hella impressed.

Seik

Banned
Did someone already made a custom cover print for I Am Setsuna? I'd love to have one! (Edit: oh...I just saw that Heavy Arm Store cover...too bad I already ordered from Play-Asia...that's exactly what I'm looking for!)

Also is the game 1080p docked?

kubus

Did anyone order I Am Setsuna English cover version from HeavyArm U-Store? You need to e-mail them to place an order, which is... weird to me. But they seem to be a reputable store in that region, going by their social media.

Play-Asia won't reply to my question if they're gonna stock the Asian version too :/. So I think I'm gonna e-mail this HeavyArm store before it goes out of print. Hope it goes alright. Have no idea how they want me to pay for it ._.

edit: Ah, found this on their website. It's PayPal, so I guess it's safe :).

How to Order: International Customers

1) Email us for products that you interest to check stock availbility with us.
2) Kindly provide us your country poscode and address for shipping fees quotation.
3) Invoice will be send to you via Paypal if you agree to proceed the deal.
4) We will ship out your items within 48 hours after payment received.
5) Tracking number will be email to u after parcel shipped out.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Did anyone order I Am Setsuna English cover version from HeavyArm U-Store? You need to e-mail them to place an order, which is... weird to me. But they seem to be a reputable store in that region, going by their social media.

Play-Asia won't reply to my question if they're gonna stock the Asian version too :/. So I think I'm gonna e-mail this HeavyArm store before it goes out of print. Hope it goes alright. Have no idea how they want me to pay for it ._.

edit: Ah, found this on their website. It's PayPal, so I guess it's safe :).

They are reputable. Vita community uses them a lot.
So have I. They'll email you an invoice.

GeoMantle

Neo Member
Nw I'm having buyers remorse for the digital version. Does anyone know if save files from the digital version will work with the physical one? Has anyone tested this out yet?

Top Bottom