• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Am Setsuna and Disgaea 5 JP have English

I ended up getting a copy from Nippon-Yassan. Theirs was significantly cheaper than most other places. It cost me $83 AUD (around $60 USD) including shipping, which was the 3-4 business day one w/ insurance

Pretty good deal tbh, especially compared to the prices on Amazon.jp

Hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week, but it's more likely to be early next week.

I always said I would pick up I am Setsuna if it got a physical release, so happy to finally play this beauty! It's a brilliant game to play lounged on the sofa with split joy-cons. Well worth the import! (Three cheers for region free!)
dxX9Xgd.jpg

TTDDh9A.jpg

NcGt5zi.jpg

AW8wJ9j.jpg

Pinky

Banned
Man, if S-E doesn't localize Seiken Densetsu Collection, at least give the game multiple language options so I can import. Pretty please!!!!

Edit: Maybe easier said than done, considering they're older games. The collection is pretty much rom dumps correct?

LordKano

Man, if S-E doesn't localize Seiken Densetsu Collection, at least give the game multiple language options so I can import. Pretty please!!!!

Edit: Maybe easier said than done, considering they're older games. The collection is pretty much rom dumps correct?

Yeah, but Seiken Densetsu 3 has never been translated.

Anyone know the best place to import from SE Asia? I'd like to pick up the physical version of I Am Setsuna with the English cover.

Tried emailing heavy arms...I was basically told their stock was spoken for for an indeterminate amount if time. :(

kubus

Anyone know the best place to import from SE Asia? I'd like to pick up the physical version of I Am Setsuna with the English cover.

Tried emailing heavy arms...I was basically told their stock was spoken for for an indeterminate amount if time. :(

Aside from HeavyArm I only know Play-Asia to sell Asian versions of games, but I asked them a couple days ago if they were gonna stock the English Asian version of I Am Setsuna and... was promptly ignored :/.

You can try again though, I think I used social media. Maybe you'll get a reply if you e-mail them directly.

Shadoron

Try emailing Heavy Arms again. I literally just got a reply from them, and they will have another batch in sometime around mid-April. They gave me shipping options and asked for my Paypal email.

kubus

I just got an email too, saying my copy is being shipped tomorrow :D.

Really happy I chose express shipping, should be here soon then. Now to decide what to do with my sealed Japanese copy... Maybe I'll just return it to amazon.

Lynd7

I'll probably pick this up sometime soon. Only downside I guess is the DLC maybe needing a JP account.

I was thinking though, could you download the DLC on a JP account then change back to your main account and the patch will still load?

Doubtful but maybe?

ryushe

You mean in the future of for these titles, because if I'm not mistaken, Disgaea 5 is complete (as in will have no future dlc) and Setsuna will only get a competitive mode patch, which should download just fine.

kubus

Thought I'd bump this thread as my copy of I Am Setsuna from HeavyArm U-Store arrived yesterday!

What's interesting is that if you take off the shrink wrap, you'll find that the English language cover was added separately to the Japanese retail version. It's just a piece of paper folded around another shrink wrapped Japanese copy.

I also have a real Japanese retail copy from Amazon JP and I compared them both. They're exactly the same, even the bar code! I don't know if that's normal for Asian releases, but I was pretty surprised. I expected they just slipped two covers inside the plastic case.

Lynd7

Thought I'd bump this thread as my copy of I Am Setsuna from HeavyArm U-Store arrived yesterday!

What's interesting is that if you take off the shrink wrap, you'll find that the English language cover was added separately to the Japanese retail version. It's just a piece of paper folded around another shrink wrapped Japanese copy.

I also have a real Japanese retail copy from Amazon JP and I compared them both. They're exactly the same, even the bar code! I don't know if that's normal for Asian releases, but I was pretty surprised. I expected they just slipped two covers inside the plastic case.

So theres no real point in ordering the english cover one? Guessing its not printed on the proper paper etc?

kubus

It is a real cover, printed on the same kind of paper as any other Switch cover. I seriously doubt HeavyArm prints these themselves, it's probably just how they were manufactured for the Malaysian region to save costs or something.

Just pointing out that this is essentially the Japanese retail release with an extra English cover strapped to it :p. So for example if someone was planning to "collect" retail releases there would be no point in ordering the same game from Amazon JP so you have a "Japanese" copy and an "Asian/Malaysian" copy, because they're the same thing ^^

how bizarre, lol

I think i'll hold out for a discounted price and just import the JP version

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It is a real cover, printed on the same kind of paper as any other Switch cover. I seriously doubt HeavyArm prints these themselves, it's probably just how they were manufactured for the Malaysian region to save costs or something.

Just pointing out that this is essentially the Japanese retail release with an extra English cover strapped to it :p. So for example if someone was planning to "collect" retail releases there would be no point in ordering the same game from Amazon JP so you have a "Japanese" copy and an "Asian/Malaysian" copy, because they're the same thing ^^

I'm assuming the cover can slip into the case just fine no?

Top Bottom