• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can buy Too Human for a fiver. Yes/No?

Stand and be counted

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the background story behind it makes it cool enough to actually own as a conversation piece.

It'd be like owning a copy of a really shitty low budget but rare movie on VHS.

Raide

A great coop loot shooter with some annoying but also inventive gameplay elements. Not for everyone, since many people never got past the tutorial missions and hated the sliding/resurrection mechanics but if you can learn the controls, it has some of the more deeper combat mechanics than most modern loot games have.

I still wish they would patch a few things but it ain't happening.

ThankeeSai

I actually enjoyed Too Human and still have my copy. Put a lot of hours into it for that sweet, sweet loot. Enjoyed the co-op too.

For a fiver, give it a go and if you're not happy with it, sell it for a fiver.

Bargain.

nightside

Considering the history of that title wouldn't be surprising if in a few years it's gonna become a rarity with quite some (monetary) value so... Why not?

Rellik

I never even got around to opening my copy and then they took it out of print so I'll just keep it so I can sell it for $2,000,000 in the future.

More like $2

IHaveIce

Banned
It is actually a decent game that sadly had no real ending to its story.

If you like ganes like diablo I would say try it.
Most on here who are against you playing it only base it on GAF historia.

£5 for something that could be really rare one day. as long a you can keep it somewhere safe, do it. For

I played the demo and it was all kinds of meh so I would not get it to actually play. Against.

Most on here who are against you playing it only base it on GAF historia.

Nah, I was super hyped for the game back in the day, thought the E3 trailers and such were awesome. Picked it up later on hoping to have some fun with it, but it had a loooooot of issues. The gameplay is not awful (mechanically speaking), but it's not a genre I like much and I think it is actively at war with the setting and story. Cyberpunk norse mythology doesn't lend itself well to a combo-focussed, air-juggling loot-whoring game.

I bought it for 10 and didn't like it that much but didn't feel like I wasted my money. I couldn't get into the combat system and that's a super core part of the game. It's really different imo (talking about the combat) vs being bad and it wasn't up my alley. Your mileage may vary.

Why am I seeing people in here say this is going to be rare and worth actual money some day?

Do you also have a sealed copy of Shaq-Fu that you are sure will pay for your kid's college education one day?

Royce McCutcheon

If you're high, you can easily play 100+ hours, but there is an overwhelming feeling of uselessness playing the game. Like, am I even having fun? Why am I playing this? Is this just a very expensive pinball game? Things like that.

Why am I seeing people in here say this is going to be rare and worth actual money some day?

Do you also have a sealed copy of Shaq-Fu that you are sure will pay for your kid's college education one day?

Because it's one of the games covered by the failed court case brought against Epic by Silicon Knights, the result of which involves copies of the game being physically destroyed. So it'll never be BC or remastered (remade from the ground up, maybe, just not on Unreal).

Something along those lines. A sealed copy would be gold in 20 years time.

ah, just go for it.
At worst, it's a weird part of gaming history for like five bucks.
At best, it's a game you enjoy playing or derive meaning from in some fashion.
If you've got $5 to responsibly spare and are interested enough to ask on GAF, why not?

Because it's one of the games covered by the failed court case brought against Epic by Silicon Knights, the result of which involves copies of the game being physically destroyed. So it'll never be BC or remastered (remade from the ground up, maybe, just not on Unreal).

Something along those lines. A sealed copy would be gold in 20 years time.

Still seems like a weak argument to me. Thousands of copies of ET were buried in the desert and I somehow doubt collectors are shelling out mad cash for that one.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Back then I really enjoyed my time with Too Human, and was able to look past the warts. These days I don't think I'd be able to, so I'm going to say pass. There's been some great loot games released in the years since Too Human released, so why put the required time into it?

C4Lukins

It is an entertaining mess of a game. I really enjoyed my time with it, but it is super flawed and jankey. For 5 bucks sure. I had a lot of fun with it at full price. I would have loved to see a sequel that was more fleshed out.

I actually enjoyed Too Human and still have my copy. Put a lot of hours into it for that sweet, sweet loot. Enjoyed the co-op too.

For a fiver, give it a go and if you're not happy with it, sell it for a fiver.

Bargain.

True story: All enemies scale to your power level. When you upgrade loot, they upgrade power to match it. I learned that about 1/3rd through the game and proceeded to beat it without upgrading loot from that point on. Hence, the loot was completely useless and unnecessary.

As yet another reason to pile on the game, it only had 5-6 enemy types. You fight them over and over and over again in different group configurations and later with pixel swaps.

The game was fuckin lame. I would still buy it for $5 though, just for the history behind it.

Matty77

As someone who considers lootgrinders one of their favorite genres, and the fact they have been rarer on console than PC I have hunted down and played most of the games that have released and Too Human is pretty bottom of the barrel. I think the only game I truly feel I had a worse time with (not including bad PS1 ports of PC titles) was Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel of which I played the X-Box version.

It's uninteresting, not fun, and really does feel like wasted time. Only game of the type I have played that I haven't finished at least campaign once.

When you die it takes about 90 seconds before you can play again, and all that time is spent watching a cutscene.

For that reason alone, no.

Dude I got Arkham Knight premium edition £5 from cdkeys just a few days ago.

So no don't spend £5 on that turd when you can get awesome games for the same price.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Sure!

It is selling for cheap right now on eBay too.

The game is unic and has loot, and the 360 a nice console to collect for. Go for it...

m23

I enjoyed it. Just wish it would become BC so I can play it again...unfortunately that's never happening.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Buy it. I've done at least one playthrough (during one weekend) and my biggest gripe about it was the lack of a sequel.

Its £1 in CEX, i picked it up through idle curiosity last month. I really couldn't argue that its a great game but i did have a good time playing it, its very endearing somehow.

(i picked up hunted-the demon forge at the same time and that's pretty fun, you could pick that up too and still have change from your original fiver)

Top Bottom