• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I drew 31 days worth of DARK SOULS art (lots of images, obviously)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
As part of Inktober, I posted these in the Dark Souls OT and the Arts and Farts thread, people seemed to like them so I figured Id share it with the rest of GAF :)

You can also find more of my work at Raging-Spaniard.com

inktober_15_day_01_title_color1.jpg

I drew these as a sort of travelling journal for the main hero of the game, as if he was taking some time between resting
dying
at bonfires to sketch out what he had seen in his journey, sometimes his memory is not totally accurate, but thats part of the fun!

inktober_15_day_02_color.jpg

I could do some text for each one, but its fun to see them all at once and see if anything resonates with you from the time you played

day_03.jpg

inktober_15_day_04_color1.jpg

inktober_15_day_05_color.jpg

day_06.jpg

day_07.jpg

inktober_15_day_08_color.jpg

inktober_15_day_09.jpg

inktober_15_day_10.jpg

inktober_15_day_11.jpg

inktober_15_day_12.jpg

inktober_15_day_13.jpg

day_14.jpg

day_15.jpg

day_16.jpg

day_171.jpg

day_18.jpg

day_19.jpg

day_20.jpg

inktober_15_day_21.jpg

inktober_15_day_22.jpg

inktober_15_day_23.jpg

inktober_15_day_24.jpg

inktober_15_day_25.jpg

inktober_15_day_26_color.jpg

inktober_15_day_27.jpg

inktober_15_day_28.jpg

inktober_15_day_29.jpg

inktober_15_day_30.jpg

inktober_15_day_31.jpg

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately? I only had enough time to get to Anor Londo. Id like to see if I get enough support to try launching a Patreon or KS and really get to expand upon the project. Have more areas more exploration, some guest writers, that type of thing, but time will tell.

On the technical side, these were done fairly quickly, between 40 minutes to two hours each (for anything in color, thats another 2 to three hours) Mostly inked over a very light pencil sketch, inktober is for practicing your inking, after all!

I am planning to do this kind of project again with other games, so if thats something that sounds cool to you lemme know or check me out on twitter or tumblr :)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
OP this is fantastic. You are toooooo talented! Great stuff!

Insanely good work dude! All of that in just a month too? It took me that long just to churn out a single picture of Quelaag. I'm so slow.

teeny

These are awesome! They really remind me of the Zelda Player's Guide illustrations from the 90s - I think they were for ALTTP and LA? Anyway, I would be more than interested in seeing this kind of project for other games. Awesome work :)

Frodo

I really like those. Some of them capture the essence of the game perfectly. I couldn't stop myself at saying "fuck you" when I saw the Capra Demon drawing, though. Even the stairs are there!

Very nice work! :)

They're wonderful. You must have played the game extensively, judging by the details in some drawings. Why else would you chug an Estus while a boulder is rolling towards you! lol

MUnited83

For you.
I already said it on the DS comics thread, but I say it again: they really should hire you to do a few issues. Your style is great and fits the Dark Souls world perfectly :D

Nyoro SF

Master work. Each drawing is extremely evocative of a scene in the game that it recalled it immediately to my memory.

Top Bottom