• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I feel this image in a teaser implies Sony is getting Crash back

RaikuHebi

Banned
Only extra thing I noticed in the trailer was a given anyway, there's a shop called Drakes Antiques.
And Cid's Barber Shop with a Cloud looking guy walking out of it.

"It sucks. It's like that sony game that came out last year from that dude Matt Cerny or something. It was called Krack, right? I can't remember, but it feels dated"

Edit: Crap. It wasn't intended to be a second post but an edit of my first.
Crash and Knack are nothing alike.

frayne182

Banned
I don't think Crash would live up to todays standards. Unless Naughty Dog is making it. Even if they make it though I don't think it will sell well.

Theory:
The Last of Us is revealed to be a prequel to Crash Bandicoot.

New game is announced. It is set between the two games, as mankind becomes virtually extinct and marsupials rise to power as the dominant species on Earth. You play as Jack Cortex, trying to survive in a dangerous world with no love for humankind. It'll continue with TLOU-style gameplay, in that Jack's son Neo (a quick-witted, yet horrifically deformed child) will play a pivotal role during gameplay.

Evidence that supports this is the sentient and hostile plants that still exist in Crash's time.

Snaku

Banned
Been begging for a Crash reboot on PS4 for a while now, so this just sent my hype through the roof. Please be at All Access tonight!

IHaveIce

Banned
The Trashcan representing Activision just makes this all even more legit
KuGsj.gif

Would be awesome

Shu and Boyes seem to listen to fans and feedback:

Being Crash back, as a Sony IP. They need to make it happen. Just buy to back from Activision, not like they were using it.

Beelzebubs

And Cid's Barber Shop with a Cloud looking guy walking out of it.

Hehe you ninjaed me before I edited that part in. Also an 1886 shop next to Owl Latte whatever the hell that means. Only other thing that seemed teaserish was a badge in Ryu's cab but all it was, was Ryu's driver number.

Tourmeta

Hehe you ninjaed me before I edited that part in. Also an 1886 shop next to Owl Latte whatever the hell that means. Only other thing that seemed teaserish was a badge in Ryu's cab but all it was, was Ryu's driver number.

ku-xlarge.gif

---

Does crash fit with any other teasings we've got?

drproton

Activision doesn't own Crash/Spyro, Vivendi does. Now that ActiBlizzard isn't a part of Vivendi now, Sony can do ANYTHING they want with them. It's why Spyro's focus on Skylanders was removed after the second title.

Believe.

Unfortunately not.

Activision Blizzard, the new moniker for the company, now operates the games division of Vivendi SA, later became an independent company in July 25, 2013 (including Vivendi Games).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivendi_Games#History

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Damn right. Every time Crash comes up as a comparison to Knack it makes me want to kill somebody. As the gameplay of Knack started to surface and it looked so mediocre people would always come to the defense with something like "It's an old PS1 style game like Crash!". THEY'RE NOTHING ALIKE! KNACK ISN'T EVEN A PLATFORMER. I won't have the good name of Crash Bandicoot insulted by being compared to the likes of Knack.

I've been playing Crash 1 on my new Vita. It's amazing how good the OLED screen makes these ancient games look.

This better happen. Next gen Crash ftw. Also, I love that Activision is represented by a garbage bin.
US Vita by any chance? Has Sony added the support?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah but who at Sony knows how to make a platformer anymore?

Please don't , if you can't live up to the old games.

The developers of Sly 4. And the devs of Puppeteer. And the devs of Tearaway.

Now the question is, does Naughty Dog know how to make a platformer anymore? Only one way to find out.

Zia

This is great news. Hopefully Cerny-san and his team of wizards at Japan Studio can give Crash a Knack-style homecoming!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I've grown out of those type of games but....a new Crash by ND? Day 1

drproton

Now the question is, does Naughty Dog know how to make a platformer anymore? Only one way to find out.

It doesn't matter. With both Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin off to greener pastures, they might as well give the franchise to a different studio more suited to a Crash game. Sanzaru is an obvious choice.

Naughty Dog is great at what they've been doing for the past 8 years or so. There's no reason to interrupt that.

RaikuHebi

Banned
ICrash of the Titans, man
Never heard of it.
I wish

Don't make me wuddabuga your arse.

hqdefault.jpg
Uga Boga yes. Booga Booga maybe. But Wuddabuga is certainly a first lol.

Damn right. Every time Crash comes up as a comparison to Knack it makes me want to kill somebody. As the gameplay of Knack started to surface and it looked so mediocre people would always come to the defense with something like "It's an old PS1 style game like Crash!". THEY'RE NOTHING ALIKE! KNACK ISN'T EVEN A PLATFORMER. I won't have the good name of Crash Bandicoot insulted by being compared to the likes of Knack.
Knack is more like GoW lite with platforming elements.

Piggus

Does Activision make much money on the crash games? If not I could easily see them letting go of the IP. It can't be worth THAT much to them. :/

I love the Crash games but I don't really give a shit about the character or universe, so... eh. If Naughty Dog or whoever else is going to make a platformer, do it with a new IP.

Top Bottom