• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have Halo MCC - post your questions here

Be careful taking it online. MS banned people for taking H4 copies online early....which was promptly defended by console warriors on here, if I recall correctly smh
Iv played plenty of legit copies of games early and never been banned, from 360 through X1. been playing H:MMC since Wednesday

mcfrank

Is it true that all four games, as well as their respective multiplayer modes, run at a consecutive 60 FPS with few-to-no hiccups?

I played a touch of halo 1 multi and noticed some hiccups. But the patch supposedly fixes that and it is still installing.

I just got home with my copy and it is installing now. Post any questions you have and I will answer them as I can. The download is big.

To answer what I would imagine would be the first question, I got it at a mom and pop in Los Angeles.

Can you fathom the amount of jealous rage I feel right now?

Mononoke

Banned
Does MCC use impulse triggers?

In the review thread, several people said that it does. Kind of got mixed answers though. Some said that only Halo 2's campaign mode has impulse triggers at launch (the other games will get patched in later). I THINK Impulse triggers works in multiplayer (so across the board for every single map/mode). Basically, I know it has impulse triggers, and that mutiplayer allows you the option to turn them on or off in the custom control section. Just wasn't 100% sure everything.

TomShoe

Banned
Please give us a close up of Master Chief's crotch. I need to see if it's still true to the original design.

I played a touch of halo 1 multi and noticed some hiccups. But the patch supposedly fixes that and it is still installing.

Have the patch, iv had no notable issues but I tend not to notice that stuff unless its bad. I have had it crash on me, was switching between old graphics and new on Delta Halo and it locked up and froze my Xbox. Only issue iv had it all. Note that I had been flipping rapidly all throughout my play through so far and no issues otherwise with the graphics switch.

Mononoke

Banned
stream it
i wish there were mom an pop stores in boston, smh im jelly at new york and LA stores

have fun OP B^)

I thought MS was blocking early streams of games that aren't released yet. I think someone was talking about that in another thread. Forgot which game. Or was that a mistake?

Ryaaan14

Banned
I can't take the helmet from one set with the chest/shoulders from another. If there is a way I have not found it. I spent a decent amount of time looking around customization while H1 was finishing installing.

But some of the pieces in Halo 3 only have helmet/shoulders. Security for example. Are you telling me that it just places the Security helmet and shoulders and gives you Mk VI for the chest?

But some of the pieces in Halo 3 only have helmet/shoulders. Security for example. Are you telling me that it just places the Security helmet and shoulders and gives you Mk VI for the chest?
Yes or some other chest. I think flaming head uses EOD for example. I hope they change it at some point along with a model viewer while your doing it cus you can't see how your colors look on your armor while in the customization screen.

sp3000

Is it possible to switch the music to classic in Halo 2 anniversary while playing with the new graphics

I have it too. Man the frame rate drops can be brutal. Sometimes tons of action and no drops other times there is zero action yet it stutters.

Enjoying Halo ce quite more than i expected.

In the review thread, several people said that it does. Kind of got mixed answers though. Some said that only Halo 2's campaign mode has impulse triggers at launch (the other games will get patched in later). I THINK Impulse triggers works in multiplayer (so across the board for every single map/mode). Basically, I know it has impulse triggers, and that mutiplayer allows you the option to turn them on or off in the custom control section. Just wasn't 100% sure everything.

I wish we had a straight answer. I haven't used this feature yet and I am very curious to try it out.

Insaniac

Please tell me all about Halo 2's forge, what vehicles are available? weapons? anything available in forge that isn't normally in Halo 2?

Dartastic

Seriously though, if Microsoft banned this guy's Xbox for playing games that are OLD AS FUCK early, that'd be bullshit.

IS it really the games we already played with 0 improvements?
Zero improvements except for 1080p (H2 is lower) and 60fps and redone visuals and audio and insane quality cut-scenes for H2, additional cut-scenes and terminals to set up Halo 5, skulls across all games (I believe), cross game rivals mode and campaign scoring, online co-op in H1 and H2 which didn't have it when those games launched, six redone maps for H2, and all multiplayer maps from all versions of each game, a new Halo 2 style ranking system, expanded Forge capabilities, and a unified UI that has playlists across all of the game's campaigns and multiplayer modes and helps you set up lobbies to hunt down specific achievements.

But yeah, pretty much zero.

mcfrank

Zero improvements except for 1080p (H2 is lower) and 60fps and redone visuals and audio and insane quality cut-scenes for H2, additional cut-scenes and terminals to set up Halo 5, skulls across all games (I believe), cross game rivals mode and campaign scoring, online co-op in H1 and H2 which didn't have it when those games launched, six redone maps for H2, and all multiplayer maps from all versions of each game, a new Halo 2 style ranking system, expanded Forge capabilities, and a unified UI that has playlists across all of the game's campaigns and multiplayer modes and helps you set up lobbies to hunt down specific achievements.

But yeah, pretty much zero.

Owned. And online halo 1 multi for the first time.

If you have never played a second of halo ever, will it change your life?

It is certainly the best value of the year and in a lot of ways halo 1 changed my life (fixed my relationship with my brother) so yeah.

Top Bottom