• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love the look of PC98 games aka the Anime PC game machine

So, I've recently tried Xak III on a PC98. And it is quite a lot more brutal than I thought, lmao.

You were right. This game ain't pulling any punches. If a major game studio were to make content like this today, they would face considerable backlash, even in Japan.
(A little bit of context: that huge monster is assaulting the royal guard & the king, and later the princess gets dragged in too.
She says "I would rather die than become your play thing.")

If there was a PC98 style game made today with NSFW content and good graphics, that would be a day 1 buy for me.
Indie games that are actually good and don't care about ESRB ratings are a blessing from the heavens, seriously.

Last edited:

Hudo

You were right. This game ain't pulling any punches. If a major game studio today were to make content like this, they would face considerable backlash, even in Japan.
(A little bit of context: that huge monster is assaulting the royal guard & the king, and later the princess is dragged in too.
She says "I would rather die than become your play thing.")

If there was a PC98 style game made today with NSFW content and good graphics, that would be a day 1 buy for me.
Indie games that don't care about the ESRB ratings and are actually good are a blessing from the heavens, seriously.

Yeah that was exactly the scene when I went "Hot damn. They ain't fucking around".

Also: Thanks for bumping the thread again. It's maybe the best on GAF.

Top Bottom