• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I made a Studying/Relaxing playlist full of video game music

Shimesaba

Thank you so much, SD! I eat this stuff up, and the playlist has already introduced me to a few great tracks that I'd never heard before (my favorite so far is "Coffee with Bullet" from Shadow Hearts).

If you're still adding tracks, I'd recommend throwing in some from Animal Crossing GCN. There are a lot of good choices, but these ones are my favorites:

5PM
8PM
A Rainy Day
Fireworks Festival

Ra1den

Man this Emil Chronicles Online music is blowing me away. Never even heard of the game until now.

Oh wow, that's quite the coincidence. That's the next track I was going to upload from this series. I'll certainly add it to this playlist once I do.

Awesome!

Man this Emil Chronicles Online music is blowing me away. Never even heard of the game until now.

ECO has one of my favorite soundtracks. I discovered it completely randomly years ago. I remember saying I thought ACE had a lot of potential to make it big someday, and I'm glad they did with Xenoblade.

What the hell at that one E.T. track. Wouldn't of expected something which sounds like that from something which has infamously awful games (though the description says this particular game was cancelled).

Apparently this Dean Evans guy only worked on move/tv-show tie-in games during the 90's too. Considering how nice his music is, that's terrible.

eso76

Dolphin's Intrigue is a perfect sample, especially starting at this part with the constant bass melody. Just gets me in the groove right away.

i just came here prepared to yell bad words at you for not including Ecco DOTF tracks.

But you did.

I used to fall asleep to EDOTF's OST every night, years ago and i would sometimes wake up hours later and pick parts of tracks i would swear i never heard before. I would swear the tracks changed every time you'd listen to them somehow.
Magic.

The part you linked for example. I know the track very well, i must have listened to it one hundred times, yet i just picked some stuff i hadn't noticed before, must be because these tracks are so easy listening yet rather complex and multi/layered.

To think i found the OST rather generic and kinda disappointing at first, being familiar with Follin's more 'progressive/fusion/funky' stuff.

Feels so redundant to say, but I will anyway.

Thanks a heap for this playlist, has been a perfect accompaniment to tonight's coding/design study!

CengizMan

Awesome! I really enjoy your channel! I love how some music sparks my interest for games and I occasionally discover new games thanks to the music you uploaded. Thank you!

Buggy Loop

Trying to make to make this playlist run on my iphone, i hear youtube playlists dont run on iOS? How convenient. Im installing an app and we'll see. I really need something new to listen to while studying. I got bored of everything i have.

I actually started making a similar playlist last year, but it is still very incomplete. I'll be sure to check yours out for ideas! Here is my playlist, there's 58 songs there:

Calm VG Music YouTube Playlist

Edit: Your YouTube videos are all over my music playlists!!! Thanks!!!

I've been continuing to get a lot of positive feedback concerning this specific playlist, so I just want to say that I've since then doubled its length from 4 to 8 hours. I also added a couple of the suggestions I got here.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Man I'd love to have this selection on a device for when I don't have internet or using youtube isn't ideal.

Gliffyr

Very much appreciated!

I've listened to the video game music playlist at aersia for a while now and though it's exposed me to a lot of great music in games, it's ill-suited for studying or things that require a lot of focus - some of the tracks can just get too intense and distracting. I've tried just using Animal Crossing music or rainymood which are pretty easy to study to, but being limited to such a small set of music/sound can get a little monotonous.

"Heal" from ICO is on here - I already know I'm in for something good!

Rran

Love that you included Wrecked Frigate Orpheon 8)

EDIT: Also, I'm really lovin' that Waterworld track :O

braves01

Banned
I made a chilliest song thread a while ago that might be worth double checking for chill songs. Keep up the good work, been subbed for years.

efeman

Banned
Thank you sir! This is exactly what I've been wanting.

Is it possible to get all these in audio file form for download? I don't know what the sources are and if there are any distribution restrictions.

Ctrl + F "Water"... Waterworld - Diving

I approve this playlist.

But you should add Donkey Kong Country - Life in the Mines, so awesome.

Top Bottom