• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I miss backwards compatibilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
In the case where a game like Sleeping Dogs or GTAV has literally just been ported to new platforms, digital owners on the previous platform should be entitled to pay a reduced fee "upgrade DLC" to get access to the 'new' version rather than rebuy again from scratch.

No, they shouldn't. You bought a PS3 game and you are entitled to the game on the PS3.
That's what you paid for.
You are not entitled to a newer version of a game any more than you arre entitled to the bluray version of a film you bought on dvd.

I do keep my old consoles but it'd be nice if like the PS4 had BC because I can't keep all of the systems underneath my TV, that'd take up way too much space. I play more older games than any new ones so it'd help a bit but I just deal with it by keeping the older systems if need be.

androvsky

No, they shouldn't. You bought a PS3 game and you are entitled to the game on the PS3.
That's what you paid for.
You are not entitled to a newer version of a game any more than you are entitled to the bluray version of a film you bought on dvd.

Funny story, VUDU's disc-to-digital program lets you get an HD digital copy of a DVD you own for a small upgrade fee ($5 to go from DVD to HD, or $3 for a digital copy at the same resolution).

It is actually different with games, as there's generally a lot more work involved in making the ports from system to system. And yet there's several examples of Sony giving us PS4 ports of games for free if we bought them digitally on PS3, even for games many years old. Sure, it's unreasonable to demand every game to be upgraded for free, but that's not even what's being suggested. Things could be better than they are.

fritolay

YES!!!!!! It's happening!

7drHiqrb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom