• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i need another witcher 3 in my life

samoilaaa

this a post that has no actual meaning , just me saying that i miss the feeling that i had when i played witcher 3 , for me its the best game ever made , i will alway remember when i first arrived at novigrad , the city was so alive , there were all kinds of people doing their own thing , i never had that feeling in a video game before , maybe when i was playing oblivion but back then i was 14 years old so alot of it was using my imagination ofc oblivion is still a great game but it looks like crap in today's standards

7 years have past and ive never played a game that was as good as witcher 3 , only 2 games got close to it , divinity original sin 2 ( this game gave me total freedom to do whatever i wanted with the npc's and the enviornments ) and ofc red dead redemption 2 , rdr 2 is critisized alot for its combat ( just like the witcher 3 ) but it was the only game that got close to giving me that feeling like i was in that world , i wasnt just a guy controlling an npc with a mouse and keyboard , i felt like i was a part of everything around me

5 years later after witcher 3 and cp2077 released , i hope that it would be at least as good as witcher 3 and unfortunately it wasnt , i didnt encounter any bugs on pc version so that wasnt the problem , it was the writing , the characters , dont get me wrong they were not awful but they were not excelent either and the world just didnt give me that feeling that i belong there

i dont know if a game as good as witcher 3 will ever release , there are some condenders that might steal 1st place for me , games like baldur's gate 3 , avowed , elder scrolls 6 , mayber even the next witcher ( or the remake of the 1st game ) , who knows

i know alot of people dont like witcher 3 , this is just a personal opinion , for me its one of the best games ever made , the only complain that i have for this game is that i cant be a badass mage that casts elemental magic and destroy everything around me , i love playing mage in games

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I have been playing it again for the last few weeks. Just arrived in the 2 addon and already incredible how well it is written. How good the side quests are. There is hardly anything to this day on this level. But I have unfortunately then and now a problem with the combatsystem It's just not good.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Nah, east-europe backwater. If you want really good quests with insane branching and reactivity to them from NPCs, you should check out Fallout New Vegas also if you havent already.
Only Fallout 3, but thx for the tipp.

lmimmfn

Best game ever, absolutely amazing, atmosphere was fantastic, great quest/stories, combat isnt great but everything else propels it to a legendary game and the DLCs are even better than the main game, especially The Heart Of Stone, absolutely brilliant!

I really miss games like Witcher 3.

oji-san

Banned
Amen! my top 3 of all time. I so hope the new trilogy will be on par. Can't wait to replay it on PS5, also IMO the expansions are among the best i played.

bender

What time is it?
My best friend played 9 playthroughs of Witcher 3, accumulating 1200+ hours.

He's my best friend because of that.

The first question I ask a person when I meet them is how many times they finished the Witcher 3. If the answer is 8 or less, I fuck them up.

EmbarrassedWeeklyHoneybadger-size_restricted.gif

YuLY

Fantasy-Medieval alternatives:
A Tier: Dragon Age: Origins, Gothic 2/3, Risen 1, Skyrim.
B Tier: Divinity Ego Draconis, Greedfall, Fable 1, Kingdoms of Amalur, Dragon's Dogma, Kingdom Come: Deliverance
C Tier: Bound By Flame, Two Worlds II, Game of Thrones (2012), Demonicon

SF:
Mass Effect 1-3 (with 1st being my fav game of all time, as a side note), Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Star Wars Kotor 1-2. I love all these games, SF is my jam, heres hoping Starfield will be great.

Fun side note, The Harvester quest from DE Mankind Divided is one of the best quests I've seen.

Last edited:

samoilaaa

Fantasy-Medieval alternatives:
A Tier: Dragon Age: Origins, Gothic 2/3, Risen 1, Skyrim.
B Tier: Divinity Ego Draconis, Greedfall, Fable 1, Kingdoms of Amalur, Dragon's Dogma, Kingdom Come: Deliverance
C Tier: Bound By Flame, Two Worlds II, Game of Thrones (2012), Demonicon

SF:
Mass Effect 1-3 (with 1st being my fav game of all time, as a side note), Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Star Wars Kotor 1-2. I love all these games, SF is my jam, heres hoping Starfield will be great.

Fun side note, The Harvester quest from DE Mankind Divided is one of the best quests I've seen.
the only games that i didnt play from your list are bound by flame and demonicon , great list

Ammogeddon

Really looking forward to next month. It’s actually going to be my first play through. I haven’t even touched the DLC.

I got into it a while back and was making my way through every side quest I came across and only got as far as Skellige. I then lost my game save and didn’t have the energy to do it all again at the time.

Denton

i will alway remember when i first arrived at novigrad
Play Enderal, visiting Ark for the first time there gave me those Novigrad feels, amazingly realized RPG city and amazing game overall. Check out my thread on it for some screenshots and info...

And also, Archolos is a must play:

If you didn't play these yet, I envy you

It's not entirely a shitpost. It's a pretty boring open world with a really enjoyable story. That said, everyone has that one special game and if this is the one then that's respectable.

It is a shitpost since its only purpose is shitting on OP's thread and opinion. The very definition of shitpost.

Are you shitting me with putting Kingdom Come into B tier

In hardcore mode and on highend PC it is AAAA tier.

Last edited:

Skifi28

It's a pretty boring open world
I really don't agree with this. It's one of the games where it's worth exploring every inch of. Always a cool place, worthwhile treasure or some quest to find tucked away. It's even better in higher difficulties where all the icons are hidden unless you discover them yourself.

Last edited:

Senua

Nothing tops the first Witcher game's world, it's so incredibly immersive and had the best atmosphere of the series

ungalo

Cyberpunk writing is "way" better than TW3 in my opinion. It's just more interesting as a whole. TW3 is one of the best written AAA game there is but still somehow i feel like the universe is a classic fantasy directed at nerds, even with all the "deconstruction of tales", cynism and real world themes there are in the game. It's just like some pure geek material. Cyberpunk is so much deeper than that, it keeps punching you in the face.

In your feeling of "being part of the world", Cyberpunk does also a fantastic job. The staging is crazy, never seen anything that immersive in a first person game. The scripts are everywhere, it's not like the dialogue of TW3 where outside of the real cutscenes it's still pretty robotic and unimaginative.

Last edited:
I was late to the Witcher 3, played it for the first time in 2020 and it changed my life. The main reason I brought a PS5 was for the next-gen patch and I've been waiting two years for it and it'll be my third play through. They releasing it on my birthday as well. It's a special game, with a soundtrack which is just as good if not better.

I'm so excited for the new planned games, let's hope they hit the same magical cords that made TW3 so special with their next release.

Mr Hyde

Love Witcher 3. Can't wait for the next gen patch and do another playthrough. I hope it's substantial and adds a lot of eye candy.

Bragr

Banned
I know exactly what you mean, The Witcher 3 pulls off places and people better than almost any game, and you get attached to it.

I was gonna suggest Original Sin 2, but you mentioned that. It also has a great approach to characters and places.

People here have mentioned all the big ones, I guess I would add:

- Dragon Age Inquistition
- Assassins Creed Origins or Black Flag
- Far Cry Primal (or Far Cry 4 or 5)
- L.A. Noire
- Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain
- Zelda BOTW, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess

I feel you OP. Witcher 3 is my favorite game released in the last decade or so. Truly a masterpiece.

This may sound weird, but I've intentionally put off playing through Blood and Wine for years because I figured that will probably be the last new Witcher content (this was before we knew a new game was coming) in a long time.

Thankfully the next gen remaster comes out soon, so my reluctance worked out.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Spent 450h in it with the DLC's and turned every rock. Was my best game ever but not sure if it's even in my top 10 now. Try saying The Witcher 4 instead.

Last edited:
Elden Ring
He is talking about witcher 3, cities with people and great side quests and you are recommending Elden Ring.

Elden Ring is a great game but its an entirely different game then witcher 3..

i dont know if a game as good as witcher 3 will ever release , there are some condenders that might steal 1st place for me , games like baldur's gate 3 , avowed , elder scrolls 6 , mayber even the next witcher ( or the remake of the 1st game ) , who knows

After praising Witcher 3 you are stating that Elder Scrolls 6 might be better. Dude you are hurting my Soul.
Never been a huge fan of TES Games. Skyrims world always felt very artifical bland and boring to me so I'm not expecting anything even remotley as good from TES6 as Witcher3 was. ( in Terms of story, dialogue, questdesign or worldbuilding )

Combat was actually more enjoyable in Skyrim though. But also kinda boring.

I would actually like and RPG like witcher 3 with coices and consequences like in divinity original sin but with a great and deep combat system that offers enough variety but not making it to easy or hard.

Top Bottom