• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I pulled a muscle in my neck, or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Today I was at the gym doing my shoulder routine, I started with my front and back military presses and then decided to move onto dumbell flys.

Everything was going fine, but I was having a conversation with my friend during the routine. It was a pretty interesting conversation to say the least. I'm not going to get into what it was about, but I'll say this: my friend mentioned something so insane, that without thinking I turned and looked at him while I was at the peak of my dumbell fly contraction. Basically, when I had both dumbells about level with my shoulders, I turned my neck to look at him and pulled something... and it really hurts.

Now I'm not bitching and moaning, I can definitely take the pain. And even though it's hard to look over my shoulder I can still drive, too. However, I don't want to miss a day or two at the gym this week, because I took a small break last week. Does anybody know some quick remedies on how to heal a pulled muscle in my neck, or is there absolutely nothing I can do? I assume I'm S.O.L but hey, maybe someone knows some crazy heating-pad technique that could prove useful.

At any rate, I doubt I'll be hitting the gym tomorrow, and that just pisses me off, especially with all the time I'll have on my hands...

spliced

I wrenched my neck sleeping once so much that I couldn't turn my head in one direction. I got a massage and my neck felt about 80% back to normal after.

Even if your neck isn't any better you may still be able to do lower body workouts.

darscot

How do you find the motivation? Or what is it that motivates you to be that worried about missing a day or two? I've never understood the what it is you gain from all the physical work.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
darscot said:
How do you find the motivation? Or what is it that motivates you to be that worried about missing a day or two? I've never understood the what it is you gain from all the physical work.

Haha, I actually feel 'dirty' when I don't work out... it's like, if I miss going to the gym it's as if I didn't accomplish anything that day.

When you start going to the gym and see great results you never want to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom