• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I stole a Gameboy Color 17 years ago, and I still feel guilty about it

I still owe Stan Lee about 30 dollars worth of Spider-Man comics that I stole from the supermarket 20 years ago. Sorry Stan, check's on the way.

If any of you ever found a Famicom Gameboy Micro, complete with a 100% completed copy of FFTA inside, on a counter inside a retail Blockbuster store, let me know so I can track you down you son of a bitch

Eggbok

footage of op:
KlutzyHardtofindJohndory.gif

My friend had his DS stolen from his locker in high school. That shit sucks.

I'd imagine. That's why I did it lol, but it didn't take long for me to feel a little sorry about it. I also had my phone stolen in high school but phones weren't quite as important back then and I didn't do anything about it so it's not terribly interesting.

Izuna

Banned
I have returned like, 3 phones I have randomly found in the ground as a teenager.

Only thing I stole was mood ring or smth at this resort. It was £2 and there was no one in the store. I was 9.

You looked around and it didn't seem to belong to anyone. At that point I probably would have done the same at that age. Otherwise it would've just gone to the next kid!

0racle

Remember tamagochis?

Yeah, I remember not being allowed to get one.

So when I was out with my parents at a garden centre they for some reason, had them on a shelf there.

When they where not looking I burried that shit inside a potted plant they were buying.

Sure, stealing is bad and of course it was wrong but I can't help to think how smart of a plan I came up with as a kid. Desperate times desperate measures.

teaveee

I had a DS and Pokémon Pearl stolen from my locker in middle school. Saved up for a year to buy the damn thing too. Really hope whoever got it feels guilty but I doubt it.

jaypah

Your future self left it there so you would carry this guilt all of these years. It prevents this whole horrible ordeal based on greed with the hooker and the meth. Not the male hooker, that turns out fine, the other hooker. Anyway, good thing you kept it because you have to go back and leave it once 2025 rolls around. You still have it, right?

IMACOMPUTA

When I was a kid I had this neighbor that was like 4-5 years older than me. I was like 6 and he was like 10 or 11. He convinced me to steal from the local drugstore with him.
We'd steal pointless shit like office supplies. I had tons of awesome staplers and legal pads/leather folios.

We got busted one time and one of the guys working there grabbed my friend by the arm. I was standing there like a deer in headlights with a Snickers in my pocket as my friend yelled "run!"
I ran as fast as I could and the guy chased me about half a block before giving up. I circled back into an alley and once I knew I lost him, I took the Snickers out of my pocket and took a bite. It made me sick to my stomach so I threw it on the ground.
I stopped stealing after that.

I used to steal baseball cards from my local grocery store when I was a kid. I felt guilty every time I did it except that one time I got a Ken Griffey Jr rookie card then I felt satisfied and never stole again lol.

I once stole a Zapdos card from a kid on the bus. When I told my brother, he said I had to give it back. So I returned it... and I still feel like shit.

I stole my friend's copy of the Gameboy Pokémon TCG game back in the day. He lived about an hour away since I had moved recently and I knew his mom wasn't going to wait for him to find his shit so I hid the game in my room and when he had to go home he had to leave it behind and it became mine.

On the flip side of this some kid in my neighborhood stole my copy of Pokémon Crystal but I got it back because the save had my name on it and I told my mom who ripped his mom a new one for raising a thief lol.

VDenter

Banned
If the Gameboy was not in any packaging whatsoever they were asking for it to get stolen. So its not your fault OP chill.

Karl2177

I had my Game Boy and like 20 games stolen while I was at the library in 6th grade. I'm still haunted every once in a while by it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
How do you think I got such a massive Pog collection? With my so-called allowance, mom?? Don't make me laugh.

You can call me a bad guy, but stealing Pogs from 7-11 was the only way I could survive on the playground. Only god can judge me.

Poppy

some kid in elementary school stole my atomic purple gbc with the pokemon yellow cart in it

there will be a reckoning one day

Once soon a time my dreamcast stopped recognising my game discs, so I bought a 2nd hand dreamcast from a pawn shop, swapped the GD drives and returned it for a full refund.
Felt pretty bad about that, not proud at all.

I traded this one little kid back in the day like 25 non-holographic Pokémon cards for his holographic Charizard. He had no idea what he had and took the awful trade.

That's the closest I ever got to stealing.

bigkrev

I had the dark blue one when EVERYONE else had the see-thru purple one. Someone at camp stole mine, and I spent a week checking bags in the changing area in hopes of finding a dark blue one, and finally found and stole one

I felt bad about stealing it but my mom would literally have murdered me because she didn't want me to take it to camp and of course it got stolen the first day I brought it, and that logic worked on 10 year old me

Crayon

I was addicted to shoplifting for years. Mostly game stuff. Got several consoles.

I have no guilt tho. It was a disease!

Top Bottom