• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: IEM Season VIII: Cologne – StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

SamuraiX-

Polt just annihilated Stardust 2-0 with multi-pronged, marauder heavy attacks. He's going to get terran nerfed. He looked unstoppable.

Just tuning in now. Saw Apollo's analysis of JD's sick hang on win versus StarDust but your post here has me all hot and bothered now.
iLznxRV.png

Polt 2-0'ing StarDust and MaNa... definitely gotta go back and watch those games. #HOPE

survivor

Banned
Polt vs Stardust was freaking insane, so back and forth, amazing. Polt vs Mana on the other hand was just sad. Mana went full foreigner. Putting 4 Probes on gas and not pulling his Probes well against WM drop in game 1 and in game 2 he forgot to Warp Gate research.

SamuraiX-

INnoVation is so mean. lol

Nice builds/timings.

Hopefully HeRoMaRinE's been practicing his TvP. Rooting for him. Had no idea he was only 16 years old.

SamuraiX-

dem EMPs
iLznxRV.png

On 3 CCs, I thought the SCV pull was completely unnecessary. Luckily MC's army wasn't in the best positioning.

SamuraiX-

I think we're looking at the champion right here.

I find your lack of faith in ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ THE POWER OF PROTOSS ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ disturbing. The quarterfinals are looking stacked as fuck. INno's group was arguably the weakest of the Ro16.

Anything can happen tomorrow.

YES! MC got too greedy with the 3rd. Using the Storms early was stupid. Should have used timewarp with storms for maximum damage.

AdventureRacing thats some rose tinted glasses bro. ;b

Its because of people like Avilo and the userbase increasing and then decreasing with Terran mostly leaving and complaining about it even though they left. Also Protoss and Zerg players complaining were just as bad in WoL with TvT but the game wasn't as big and no one like Avilo was around at that time to incite the Protoss/Zerg.

During the Zerg era of BL/Infestor Terrans complained the most but Protoss players didn't as much because of Mothership with Vortex and Archon was a viable option is one thing to note.

Just my observation though.

Anyways will the Bosstoss go Blink?

SamuraiX-

I'd rather be wrong than have faith in protoss.

sogud :p

INno's control in that ridiculous engagement was pretty underwhelming. I'm shocked he somehow came out on top.

I cannot even believe he hasn't found the proxy Twilight/Shrine 25 minutes into the game... Like, fucking how?

DAMN! Cannot believe it took Innovation so long to finish the game.

0/0 Toss is ridiculously good since Innovation lost half his army even with 2/1 lol.

I blame the colossus since there was 5 of them which is like 60 damage to the marauders and over 100 to light units lol.

Great to see INno through to the round of 8. Playoff bracket is looking stacked.

Polt, jjakji and Innovation looking to be the only Terran hope vs Protoss and the lone Zerg JD. I'd be happy with JD or one of the Terrans taking it.

Go HerOMarine! Leave that Korean in last place!

survivor

Banned
Just saw Jaedong's second match against Mana and how he held all these all-ins. Amazing defence, I mean holding a 2 Gates proxy with hatch first is just fantastic. I really hope he faces Patience since I want Rain and Innovation to make it further down the tournament.

SamuraiX-

Sorry, HeRoMaRinE, Korea too stronk. :(

Sweet mother of Christ, the last 15 minutes of Polt vs StarDust Game 1 were IN-FUCKING-SANE. :O

Easily the best game of the tournament so far.

I need to watch the entire Polt group. Poor Mana, so close but got shut down by JD.

I can't help but wonder if JD lost on purpose to avoid Polt lol.

Heromarine got rekted by Classic but he was way too passive. MC should clean that scrub up and we can get our RO 8 with 4 Toss, 3 Terrans and 1 Zerg.

SamuraiX-

dem quarterfinals

scGpibN.png

irGVPwSRJXhU1.png

3/4 of #TheTerranHope in the Ro8 and no mirrors matches! I can't remember the last quarterfinals in a tournament where I'll be cheering on 5/8 of the participants. Polt, jjakji, INnoVation, Rain and Jaedong! LEGGO!!!!

SamuraiX-

So, yeah, Polt vs StarDust Game 1 was amazingly close but StarDust just got absolutely REKT in Game 2.

Holy fuck that was beautiful.

SamuraiX-

Wow, what a game. Polt power!

I was pissed off for most of the game because I was ready for Polt to lose at any moment despite playing fucking MASTERFULLY while Classic's just like "lol storm gud unit".

The HT Warp Prism micro to avoid the EMPs was cute though.

Aaron

Protoss shouldn't be able to use that many storms at once. That was like terran launching a half dozen nukes at the same time, only faster. Blizzard, please make nukes purely energy based.

Protoss shouldn't be able to use that many storms at once. That was like terran launching a half dozen nukes at the same time, only faster. Blizzard, please make nukes purely energy based.

Why not build a ghost? Classic isn't going collosus, ghosts vs pure templar is really powerful. I mean seriously if you're going up to 4 base and already have a ghost academy against a player with no collosus you deserve to lose if you don't get ghosts.

SamuraiX-

I'm sure DK's comments on this would go something like:

David Kim said:
We feel mass Storms are very race defining for Protoss. It's a completely different way to A-move to victory. Because we want every race to feel unique and asymmetric, we like the design of Protoss being able to end games in seconds by spamming a single ability.

Aaron

Why not build a ghost? Classic isn't going collosus, ghosts vs pure templar is really powerful. I mean seriously if you're going up to 4 base and already have a ghost academy against a player with no collosus you deserve to lose if you don't get ghosts.
Yes, Polt should have had ghosts in that game, but what other race has an ability they can spam like that for massive damage? Even fungal was made a projectile, and infestors can't combine into a more powerful unit when they're out of energy.

How about a timer on storms? Each individual templar can cast one storm every ten seconds, even if they have the energy for two.

SamuraiX-

Hiding the units to catch Classic with his pants down after he already warped in Stalkers across the map for Blink bull shit was brilliant by Polt.

The problem is that with Alterzim as the final map, I don't think he's gonna be able to pull off the style he's been playing...

I believe in you, Polt! ;_;

Yes, Polt should have had ghosts in that game, but what other race has an ability they can spam like that for massive damage? Even fungal was made a projectile, and infestors can't combine into a more powerful unit when they're out of energy.

What other race can drop 20 mules in one base and have a massive economy? What other race can remax in a couple of seconds with all their banked larvae? . What other race has units that can spawn endless free units? Different races have different strengths. Just because a race has an ability or unit that another race doesn't it isn't automatically imba.

Terran have an answer for what classic did in that game and polt even built the tech to do it.

How about a timer on storms? Each individual templar can cast one storm every ten seconds, even if they have the energy for two.

Or just go through with the ghost buff to help terran counter storm. Personally i would revert the EMP nerf and i think that would be enough.

kasane

What other race can drop 20 mules in one base and have a massive economy? What other race can remax in a couple of seconds with all their banked larvae? . What other race has units that can spawn endless free units? Different races have different strengths. Just because a race has an ability or unit that another race doesn't it isn't automatically imba.

Terran have an answer for what classic did in that game and polt even built the tech to do it.

Or just go through with the ghost buff to help terran counter storm. Personally i would revert the EMP nerf and i think that would be enough.
Except toss have a bajillion different strengths and builds that can instantly kill terrans off

Top Bottom