• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: IEM Season VIII: Cologne – StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

SamuraiX-

I crashed for a few hours because I decided to wake up at 3 AM for the start of the quarters (which was totally fucking worth it)... sad I missed the JD vs Patience hype.

Wake up to find INno getting Blink all-inned... ;_;

Everyone who I wanted to make the semis are there, so c'mon INNO PLZ D:

SamuraiX-

Ok after that second game I won't even be mad if INno gets 3-0'd... what in the actual fuck was that?

Those were Bronze League tier scans and unit control.

SamuraiX-

Incredibly disappointing... I'm sure INno will still have a chance to qualify through the Katowice open bracket but what an incredibly disappointing series after he looked so strong yesterday against MC.

Besides dropping those 2 maps to MaNa in the group stages, JD's ZvP has looked solid. He's gotta make the finals... he's just gotta. ;_;

My body is not ready for Polt vs Rain. :O

Aaron

Polt would be screwed if he was going against HerO, but Rain being so methodical gives a terran a fair chance. He's not going to have to play as many guessing games.

I wonder if the MSC would be fair if it were leashed, so it couldn't go further than a certain distance from a nexus, using recall to move from nexus to nexus. A restriction lifted when it's morphed into a mothership. Since the intention was a defensive unit, but it's used a lot for attacking in vision and that lame timewarp ability.

Jaedong's name only one not four letters. He's certain to lose!

SamuraiX-

HERE WE GGOOOOO

6z39zvQ.jpg

GO POLT!

LOL Aaron JD is out of luck. Unless we call him Dong.

Poor Innovation, he got REKTED by the power of Protoss. ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ

༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ Power of Protoss.

Seriously fuck lategame toss. Polt needed more rax but he played the best he could. Ghosts as well but the mistakes of Rain were much more than Polt. But Protoss and the lategame.

Go Polt!

SamuraiX-

Polt has quite literally revolutionized how Terrans will react against Blink timings.

So fucking ballsy. But of course it requires great scouting and amazing game sense.

I'm very much looking forward to Sean's Day9 Daily on this Polt build. :3

WTF Polt almost threw that lol.

Cannot blame him though as they didn't know Rain's status. What if a HT was around and other what ifs.

Could have saved the CC and ended the game earlier though. Especially trying for a Banshee in a better spot.

Props to Rain for finding the Starport.

SamuraiX-

I can only imagine ToD has been in too many games like that on the ladder. Great idea with the Barracks wall off. haha

I'm rooting for Rain but fuck me if Polt doesn't deserve to be at Katowice and win IEM Cologne.

Zen

Banned
Polt has quite literally revolutionized how Terrans will react against Blink timings.

So fucking ballsy. But of course it requires great scouting and amazing game sense.

I'm very much looking forward to Sean's Day9 Daily on this Polt build. :3

I missed it what did he do v blink timings? I just scout with hellions get two widow mines for oracle and defense v blink up and then switch my factory so it has a tech lab and start getting tanks.

1336083711840s.jpg

Zen

Banned
So do we all generally prefer the far greater color saturation that comes with Gameheart observer UI?

SamuraiX-

gotdayum Rain sick play in this game! So glad this is most likely going to Game 5... on Alterzim! :O

So do we all generally prefer the far greater color saturation that comes with Gameheart observer UI?

GameHeart UI wrecks all others UIs. I'm just disappointed in ESL for not using it to its full capacity. I want to see army and worker numbers at all times! :|

Disappointed that Polt didn't attack when he had the chance. He probably would have closed out the game.

Lets see if he makes a miracle or the last map will have to be played.

Edit: Dang that was short. About 20 seconds of gametime. Sad part is that Polt could have won if he pushed and took the fight.

OMFG that was amazing Polt. Good job killing all those Nexus and taking that engage. Very well played. GG

Now JD needs to win so we can avoid another TvP match and get a TvZ finals.

SamuraiX-

SIIIICCK FUCKING GAME!!

THIS

IS

STARCRAFT

That was the dream final engagement. Every spell/ability landing, splitting, repositioning, etc.

I salute you, Rain. gg wp <3

And huge congrats to Polt! Slot at the World Championship guaranteed and I just don't think Jaedong or HerO can stop him from taking home the IEM Cologne trophy. This post game interview. XD XD XD

SamuraiX-

This is it, JD! You got this! Give us the grand finals we deserve to cap of the greatest IEM in recent memory! :D

N972Y0Y.jpg

THE TYRANT COMETH

Side note: Jaedong is using the same mouse that I have! :O :O

SamuraiX-

I just noticed Jaedong's ID is actually EDJD... four letters. He could make it to the finals!

Is this actually a thing? Where did it come from? Did I miss it during his series with Patience? lol

YEAH! GET FUCKING REKT, HERO!

I actually hate HerO so much. I'm not exactly sure why. Probably because of (besides that he's Protoss) how full of himself he is. I still remember those SPL interviews with EG-TL where he would speak of himself so highly. Not a single damn humble bone in his body.

Top Bottom