• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: IEM VIII World Championship – SC2 ($100,000 Winner-Takes-All), LoL & Hearthstone!

Aaron

Naniwa does tend to win when he looks to be at his works. When he's only mediocre is when he fails big time.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So how does the Hearthstone tournament work? Prefab decks or what? If it's just the game as it is for playing everyday... I just don't get that in an esports context.

constructed decks. no different than any other non-draft CCG tournament.

actually hoping blizz implements a real tournament mode in the game at some point, including at least tournament arena if not better yet a real draft tournament mode. Just thinking a real draft mode would be tough given the 9 classes with only 5 cards per pack.

SamuraiX-

Wtf is wrong with Artosis? How is the "best SC2 foreigner ever" debate even still in the air? It's been Stephano hands down since forever.

Zen

Banned
Wtf is wrong with Artosis? How is the "best SC2 foreigner ever" debate even still in the air? It's been Stephano hands down since forever.

Basically every pro gamer you talk to disagrees, oddly. I have not heard one person say that Stephano was the top foreigner in the past 6 months.

What a crowd

AMFZ4yF.jpg

LFuNXmk.jpg

pyv5RoQ.png

survivor

Banned
So apparently Life vs Rogue isn't getting streamed. I really hope Life doesn't lose cause I want to see him play on this stage.

SamuraiX-

NaNiwa is on point:

KRlkeq9.jpg

That's actually really stupid if these organizations aren't sound-proofing booths anymore. Blizzard should make some regulations about that, especially at premier tournaments like this.

kasane

NaNiwa is on point:

KRlkeq9.jpg

That's actually really stupid if these organizations aren't sound-proofing booths anymore. Blizzard should make some regulations about that, especially at premier tournaments like this.

Wait so its not really sound proof?

Rage justified i guess

SamuraiX-

NaNiwa gives zero fucks.

Actually can't blame him though. Shit is embarrassing. Ruins any kind of potential proxy plays.

Aaron

Oddly the most fitting end to his career. And he might as well forfeit since there's no money for anything but first place, and we all know he didn't have a shot of getting there.

Maybe they'll stream Life vs Savage now.

Double

I didn't feel like sound proof or not had anything to say in that proxy being scouted though?!

Is he really ending his career?

SamuraiX-

I know jobs and money are on the line for these casters/commentators, but can they be a little less shameless in what tools they're acting like after that? The word "soundproof" is apparently voodoo in eSports now.

Maybe they'll stream Life vs Savage now.

The only good thing to come of this.

ßthePenguin;104357259 said:
I didn't feel like sound proof or not had anything to say in that proxy being scouted though?!

Is he really ending his career?

Nani would say that he wouldn't have scouted the proxy if he hadn't heard the audience.

zargle

Basically every pro gamer you talk to disagrees, oddly. I have not heard one person say that Stephano was the top foreigner in the past 6 months.

This is probably because he 'retired' and seemingly only plays at things that TakeTV puts on.

There is some kind of regulation for soundproofing in regards to what type of event you are for WCS points. The top tier events must have booths and the lower tiers must have sound dampening, but I guess there are still issues? I dunno.

Double

Nani would say that he wouldn't have scouted the proxy if he hadn't heard the audience.
He did already have the waypoints of the SCV set before there was even any voice from the audience, it at least seemed that way from the stream-perspective.
(I realize that it must seem otherwise from Naniwas perspective though)

ßthePenguin;104357619 said:
He did already have the waypoints of the SCV set before there was even any voice from the audience, it at least seemed that way from the stream-perspective.
(I realize that it must seem otherwise from Naniwas perspective though)

The audience made noise when the probe went over 5 seconds into the game.

AmFreak

If morrow is to be trusted, today is naniwa's birthday :/

Stefan Andersson @prOpMorroWBB2 · 5 Min.

its the guys birthday and he didnt go to this event to win probably. i think he just wanted to show games to his fans and have a good time

SamuraiX-

Welp, this just got even more pathetic for NaNiwa if true:

tQRC7ZJ.png

dvAW7wc.png

Will anybody even support him anymore if he doesn't decide to retire after this?

'winners always want the ball'

Yeah it's strange seeing stuff like:

That attitude the fans at #IEM showed towards @NaNiwaSC2 was disgusting. Every player deserves respect. Booing should not be tolerated.

It's entertainment, and failure to entertain is pretty lame. Especially if there's a price for admittance (couldn't tell from IEM site). Have your team management speak to the organizers, but you still put on the show. Imagine if NBA players refused to play every time Kobe gets a call in his favor.

Is Scarlett the only Western hope these days? I enjoy her games and my daughters love seeing women playing the game.

Top Bottom