• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Bomberman continues after Super Bomberman R, what should be next?

While I'm happy that Bomberman is back (and it's partly thanks to Nintendo), it feels like Super Bomberman R just feels a bit... half-assed so to speak? I think that has to do with Konami, and it being a miracle they even are attempting this at all considering that they sat on the IP for 5 years after they closed-down Hudson after buying them fully.

I've always been saying that Nintendo should license the IP themselves and let ND Cube who as many know are made up of many former Hudson folks be behind such a game. Now it's true that there are Hudson folks still at Konami who are actually working on SBR, but I would feel that direct involvement by Nintendo and their own Hudson team would've given us better results. Kind of weird that it was Momotaro to get the special treatment from Nintendo (and developed by Valhalla (Devil's Third) of all developers... interesting pick there), while Bomberman was left to Konami and Hexadrive. Eh, whatever.

Also I would hope we can get something more than just the classic Bomberman gameplay, since my personal fav entry ever is Bomberman 64. I like Bomberman as a more action-adventure franchise than just the usual battle gameplay only. I'd like to see a return to that someday if possible.

What ideas do you guys have, should Bomberman actually live on after this entry?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, we already know what's next.

Bombergirl-Ann-Arcade-220x.jpg

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I want a Story mode like Bomberman 64 / Second Attack. Those were fun.

We'll probably just get DLC costumes for R.

mindatlarge

Wouldn't mind seeing them go all retro when making the next installment, if there is one, totally sprite based but done beautifully and not with that semi-tilted perspective Bomberman R has.

Camjo-Z

Super Bomberman R2, R3, etc. Just make it like the SNES games where each installment gets better and more ambitious than the last.

Illucio

Banned
This game keeps getting threads and keeps getting me hyped since I had to heavily convince myself to pre-order it since Konami and all.

aadiboy

Not to be dismissive or anything, but does Bomberman even have a large fanbase? I don't here about people wanting a new Bomberman as much as, say, Mega Man or Metroid.

jax

Banned
Okay GAF, hear me out. Bomberman.. but hes like a robot. But he's grimdark. And he has chains. And there's fire everywhere. I think it could sell well with the PS4/XB1 crowd. The regular bomberman is too cartoony to be considered mainstream.

I would love a Bomberman based around the N64 games (64, Second Attack).

Bomberman Saturn HD would be great with some online play.

These have already been stated though.

TreIII

Gonna echo the desire for a new game like Bomberman 64-2.

Hell, even another game like Heroes would be fine by me. 3D platformers are making somewhat of a comeback, anyhow!

RPGam3r

Bomberman and all it cartoon appeal, a light hearted story and the destructive concepts of Red Faction Guerrilla.

Top Bottom