• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If box arts told the truth

Himself

That one for Metal Gear Solid 2! Holy shit! I'm playing the game for the first time and can NOT get any good at these controls. Is this a common sentiment? Snake just does everything but what I want him to be doing. Nearly every time i get caught it's due to wasting with the damn controls.

VegaNine

i81KUI1cjlc2Q.jpg

Ragus

Banned

hhahahahaha

That one for Metal Gear Solid 2! Holy shit! I'm playing the game for the first time and can NOT get any good at these controls. Is this a common sentiment? Snake just does everything but what I want him to be doing. Nearly every time i get caught it's due to wasting with the damn controls.

Don't worry. After and hour or two, you won't be ever again bothered by Snake's control scheme.

Razek

Banned
I'm bored waiting around for Borderlands so I thought I would do this:
iBoJ10Mi8KWzt.png

Sorry for the jank. Gimp can be tough to work with.
Also, I love LBP. Still, it's pretty darn floaty.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair

I didn't have much trouble with the controls in MGS2, but I far too often tend to want to throw shit at the walls due to the controls in MGS3, ugh.

Himself

I didn't have much trouble with the controls in MGS2, but I far too often tend to want to throw shit at the walls due to the controls in MGS3, ugh.

That doesn't give me too much hope for the future since i was gonna play MGS3 next...

I really don't remember struggling with the controls in MGS1 this much. Oh, well. I suppose gameplay wasn't ever the main draw of the series.

beril

That doesn't give me too much hope for the future since i was gonna play MGS3 next...

I really don't remember struggling with the controls in MGS1 this much. Oh, well. I suppose gameplay wasn't ever the main draw of the series.

MGS1 was designed as a topdown game and the controls works great for what it is. The later games were not but refused to learn from any other game with a more modern control/camera scheme, except MGS4, but that game was shit for completely different reasons

Did you actually play the PS3 version or are you just jumping on a "lolz" bandwagon? I logged close to 100 hours, my wife logged 100+... the only problem I encountered was how long it took to open the map...
Fifth PS3 game and it was a terrible experience. The game is great but my copy wasn't. Judging its reputation I think it deserves at least some jokes.

Oh my god, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

Favorites:

- Corridoors and Cutscenes
- Don't Level Aeris
- Super Mario Bros.
- WOW Mouse in a wheel not getting anywhere
- Kirby's Epic Yawn
- Buggy & Unplayable Shitty Port
- Almost forgot, the Contra Code

Top Bottom