• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Sony was to greenlight Bloodborne 2 without From, which studio would you prefer?

Doesn't matter as long as the team responsible for the combat is in. I mean, it isn't something special really but it just feels so good.

I still want a fairytale colourful souls btw. :p
Bloodborne doesn't need a sequel!

Orb

Honestly, as long as Miyazaki or a lead has some choice in a successor, I'd be fine with whoever. Bloodborne is more about the story, themes, and art design anyway so

SIE San Diego so they can make Bloodball. They've already demonstrated that they're perfectly capable.

lz1ygzab17iilhohoqhc.png

xviper

since no studio has yet matched the quality combat of Bloodborne, i think no studio other than From can make a worthy sequel to Demon's souls yet

PSqueak

Banned
I don't care who they give it to as long as the guidelnes for making it include staying true to the design sensibilities of the original and quality control on sticking to those guidelines is enforced tightly.

Also, people saying "Naughty Dog", the fuck are you guys on? That's like asking a pyromaniac to be a firefighter: you'd be asking them to do the entirely opposite of what they know to do.

Astral Dog

Capcom would be good at this. They are a bit better suited for producing the expected scope and detail of environments, and they have all the RE experience of setting the righ tone. A Team Ninja collab for building on Ni-Oh gameplay would be perfect.
This is a good suggestion too i would be very interested in a RE Team + DMC team collaboration to make this BB 2

Deku Tree

Just make a new game like Nioh.

BB doesn’t need a bad sequel.

If I had to pick a studio then I would pick the resident evil team from Capcom or Team Ninja since they did such a good job with Nioh.

Holy sweet flying fuck this is a hypothetical that should never be asked. No one, absolutely no one other than From should touch a potential sequel.

silva1991

Sony Japan is good for a souls game if Ueda woks on it somehow. We know the level design, lore and atmosphere are guaranteed to be at least good. As for combat and animations they should just copy/paste the ones from the first game and ass more weapons.

squidyj

Would be kind of interesting to turn Bloodborne into a rotation of completely different game styles in the same universe.

Sony Japan is good for a souls game if Ueda woks on it somehow. We know the level design, lore and atmosphere are guaranteed to be at least good. As for combat and animations they should just copy/paste the ones from the first game and ass more weapons.

I would only trust a non-Fromsoft Bloodborne if Ueda, Junji Ito, Team Ninja, and Japan Studio are involved.

Ferr986

None.

I mean, what is the point of Bloodborne 2 without FROM? Bloodborne is such a "From" game, being basically gothic Souls, that I just dont see the point.

There's no need to make sequels just because, they need a reason to exist.

exfatal

I think capcom could pull it off if they tried really hard. They did give us monster hunter, devil may cry and dragons dogma

Edit: holy crap at everyone saying no one.. shit open your minds a bit.

firelogic

People saying they'd rather not have the game are bizarre. Yeah it won't be the exact same without From but what does it hurt to make it? It could turn out to be a good game. The only other alternative is to never have another Bloodborne game in this scenario. I'd rather they roll the dice and make one rather than never getting anything from that IP again. If the game is good, great. If the game is bad, then it's bad. Don't buy it. However it turns out, it doesn't impact the first one in any way. A bad sequel doesn't automatically make Bloodborne terrible. It also doesn't ruin your experience with the first game. I'd say it's better to have a chance at a good game than no game at all.

As for who would be the right fit, Team Ninja has come the closest with Nioh so give it to them and see what they come up with.

Top Bottom