• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If You Have/Create An EU PSN Account, You Can Download the Destiny Beta Right Now

Alec

Mine finished installing after 179MB and now says "Cannot start application."

Should I delete my Alpah first, I wonder?

Storm360

you lose the license to the beta when your pre order is cancelled, this is best for slow internet, download it now, then activate it when you get your bungie.net key.

Alec

you lose the license to the beta when your pre order is cancelled, this is best for slow internet, download it now, then activate it when you get your bungie.net key.

I haven't canceled the pre-order yet.

The beta starts on July 17

So we can't even start the application yet? I would assume it would just try to connect to servers that don't exist like the Alpha.

xAniki88

Banned

from OP

It will say that it has completed after downloading a small portion of it, but will continue to download in the background. To see the actual progress, navigate to the Destiny Beta tile, click the OPTIONS button, and select Information. You'll see a screen similar to the one in this post.

Winter John

Gold Member
Pre-ordered 2 weeks ago. There's a x on the download bar, so won't let me d/l the beta which is a shame, but no biggie

WavyStretch

Neo Member
I cancelled the pre order once the initial download finished and its still downloading in the background. Servers are going to be hammered on 17th.

I cant even get to the store. Its telling me the service is currently undergoing maintenance. :/
Yeah, I'm getting that message too.

I'm going to wait to cancel the pre-order; it concerns me that the application won't start. From what people have said, SEN won't attempt to charge for it until before release. I wish the US PSN store worked this way, I've already paid the $90 for the Digital Guardian Edition.

I cancelled the pre order once the initial download finished and its still downloading in the background. Servers are going to be hammered on 17th.
Oh, you can bet on it. They were getting hammered now just by the frenzy of people rushing to get it.

Alec

Download finished...pre-order still active...still "Can't start application." Probably related to the start date of the beta, I guess.

I'm confused, if I do this do I just wait until the 17th and I should just work? Will I even need to redeem my actual key on Bungles website that I already have?

This would be handy due to my slow internet

Mind

Neo Member
i'm confused to. PSN wants me to add funds. Is this right? I can't pre-order with no money in my wallet.

Wait a minute. If canceling your preorder means you still need a beta key, how are we going to play it if we downloaded the EU version but told Bungie we wanted Americas keys?

Turns out I already had an EU account using the spam email address I was trying to make an EU account with. I think SSX was free or something awhile back.

Anyways, I didn't have any payment information associated with the account, but the order went through fine, and I was able to cancel it as well. It seems to have downloaded almost instantaneously though. Probably more of that background downloading that others are mentioning.

Thx OP. Here's to hoping the servers go live early or something.

Edit: Yeah, it shows up as installed in the notifications area, but when you hit "options" and then "information", it shows the progress of the download. Has anybody actually finished downloading the entire beta and tried starting it up?

dh4niel

It'll be interesting to see if the Beta actually works this way for people that are outside Europe.
Lol.

Turns out I already had an EU account using the spam email address I was trying to make an EU account with. I think SSX was free or something awhile back.

Anyways, I didn't have any payment information associated with the account, but the order went through fine, and I was able to cancel it as well. It seems to have downloaded almost instantaneously though. Probably more of that background downloading that others are mentioning.

Edit: Yeah, it shows up as installed in the notifications area, but when you hit "options" and then "information", it shows the progress of the download. Has anybody actually finished downloading the entire beta and tried starting it up?

I have, and I still get an error message when trying to start up.

Rodelero

Yes, and it still throws the same error.

Dambrosi

Banned
WELL?

It totally does, go get it guys

Edit: Actually, it's a bit different for PS3 guys. Here's what it says in my Destiny Beta entry in my Download List:

This is the content you have pre-ordered.
Expected Playable Date: 12/07/2014
Expected Auto-Download Date: 17/07/2014
If you do not want to download the content to this system automatically, clear the following option.

Does this mean I have to wait until the 17th to download the client and cancel the pre-order, or is there a way to manually start the download sooner?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I never knew this. I was under the impression you couldn't cancel PSN preorders. Really don't want to take the chance on £54.99 just for a beta. I think I'll just wait.

Actually, it's "risking" it just for a preload, since you could get 3 beta codes just by preordering on amazon and then canceling soon after

Dragon

Banned
So on my US account I'm getting a lock symbol for the Destiny Beta, but on the EU account I'm not, and it's saying it's ineligible to be started on US. I know the Beta isn't up yet but I'm wondering if it's going to work on my US account?

So on my US account I'm getting a lock symbol for the Destiny Beta, but on the EU account I'm not, and it's saying it's ineligible to be started on US. I know the Beta isn't up yet but I'm wondering if it's going to work on my US account?
Where are you seeing this?

Dragon

Banned
Where are you seeing this?

9bR5NFN.png

Top Bottom