• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If You Have/Create An EU PSN Account, You Can Download the Destiny Beta Right Now

d9b

Banned
OK. For PS4 clarification:

Pre-order the title. It will start downloading the beta.

Then go into: Settings -> PSN -> Account Information -> Wallet

Select: Transaction History.

Select: Next

You should see a Product Purchase in the amount of UK/Euro 0.00 from the date you preordered. Click on that Purchase entry

Select: Cancel Pre-order

That means you'll be able to download the Beta, and also ensure that the preorder is cancelled.
Worked like a charm, thanks. Hope Sony won't get mad :p

Mind

Neo Member
My download is stuck on 12 of 12gig. While others have 15 gig with a download complete message. Anybody else stuck on 12gig? My ps4 is still running but need to get some sleep.

JP

You don't need to cancel ypur pre-order to download the beta.
PlayStation Store > Games > Coming Soon > Destiny > Countdown Timer > Set Auto-Download > Select The Beta
It stars to download then.

alexbull_uk

Says it's installed and 179MB. How are you guys getting it to download the entire thing?

Edit: NVM, it's downloading in the background.

I might do this. The alpha took forever for just six gigs and I have 50mbps down. My friend as well took forever. Everyone getting that alpha coffee around the same time was a terrible idea. This being more than double the size I just might to avoid that crap.

Dambrosi

Banned
Can anyone help me with my question? Can you manually start the preload on PS3 or do I have to wait for the auto-download to start? Anyone? Bueller?

ggstar999

Confirming this also work for the Australian PSN store just pre-ordered with no credit card attached to account and it didn't charge me or ask for anything. My primary PSN account is US. Downloading now on my Aussie account.

i'm confused to. PSN wants me to add funds. Is this right? I can't pre-order with no money in my wallet.

I'm in the same boat. Wallet doesn't have enough funds and is asking for a method of payment.

Edit: Went back and made another account, made sure the address was in the UK and not autofilled by Chrome. Totally works.

Mind

Neo Member
I'm in the same boat. Wallet doesn't have enough funds and is asking for a method of payment.

Edit: Went back and made another account, made sure the address was in the UK and not autofilled by Chrome. Totally works.
Worked with me to. I just deleted my cc to be sure. Got the full 15gigs in and waiting for my codes :).

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Please update the OP with the following information:

8. Pre-Orders
You agree that for pre-orders of digital content products:
(i) we can charge you on the payment date displayed when you place your pre-order (if we accept it);
(ii) you or we may cancel your pre-order up to (but not including) the release date, in which case any sums deducted from your SEN wallet will be refunded (but this may not occur until after the release date);
(iii) we may make the pre-ordered products available to you on the release date and, once made available, as far as permitted by law, you will have no further right to cancel your order or to a "cooling off period";
(iv) when you cancel a pre-order you will no longer be entitled to any promotional services and/or products offered with the pre-order but if you subsequently access the service and/or product we will still charge you at full pre-order price; and
(v) you will not use your pre-ordered product until the release date, even if you are able to download it earlier.
When you place a pre-order, ‘Automatic Funding’ for your SEN wallet will be automatically turned "On" if you have registered a payment method (e.g. a credit or debit card). You can switch Automatic Funding "Off" at any time via your SEN account management page.

Please double-check that you don't have any money in your wallet and that you don't have a registered payment method that can be used to charge you.

JP

As I've already said there's no need to cancel the pre-order to download the beta, you can just download it the standard way. There's nothing sneaky here, it's just the normal way of doing this stuff with pre-orders on the PS4.

EDIT:
Copied in my previous post, I've done exactly the same with other PS4 pre-orders. It's just the normal way of dealing with pre-orders on the PS4.
PlayStation Store > Games > Coming Soon > Destiny > Countdown Timer > Set Auto-Download > Select The Beta

Please update the OP with the following information:

Please double-check that you don't have any money in your wallet and that you don't have a registered payment method that can be used to charge you.
Thank you!

I'm going to try and get an excerpt from the PS4 directly, as I believe this is from the PS3 EULA. It might end up being exactly the same, but I want to be thorough.

Sony need to address this on Monday, if this opens up for potentially mass banning or a lot of people being charged believing they wouldn't it could turn ugly, even if Sony is within their full rights to do so.

JP

Sony need to address this on Monday, if this opens up for potentially mass banning or a lot of people being charged believing they wouldn't it could turn ugly, even if Sony is within their full rights to do so.
Or people could just download it the correct way without needlessly cancelling a pre-order that they want which they've agreed to pay for even if they cancel it. You know, like everybody else who isn't a member here is doing.

This has been made needlessly complicated by people not doing the simple thing which also happens to be the thing that they're supposed to do. There's no need to do any stupid stuff, you just download the beta as you would any other PS4 pre-order. It just isn't complicated and it means you don't have to cancel your pre-order, lose access to the pre-order content and then have to claim your money back because you've agreed for Sony to take your money even if you cancel it.

I downloaded it the normal way a couple of days ago and it's fully updated.

Or people could just download it the correct way without needlessly cancelling a pre-order that they want which they've agreed to pay for even if they cancel it. You know, like everybody else who isn't a member here is doing.

This has been made needlessly complicated by people not doing the simple thing which also happens to be the thing that they're supposed to do. There's no need to do any stupid stuff, you just download the beta as you would any other PS4 pre-order. It just isn't complicated and it means you don't have to cancel your pre-order, lose access to the pre-order content and then have to claim your money back because you've agreed for Sony to take your money even if you cancel it.

Not quite sure what you mean.

If people want to try the beta in order to judge whether they want to purchase or not, then they preorder the beta find out its not for them then cancel their preorder and come September are suddenly charged without actually wanting the game. Then such a situation would suck.

Or you preorder now, intending to pay come September, and in the meantime loose your job and need to cut back where it's possible. Lots of situations where it could backfire as PSN is structured now, and Sony kinda need to address officially whether all these people will be charged come September or not.

that's all well and good for you, but folks who pre-ordered a physical copy (like i did from amazon) do not have access to pre-loading this. the obvious concern is that we'll miss out on precious beta time if the download is slow or bungie's site goes down on the 17th due to the huge amount of traffic it's sure to have. i'm sure the vast majority of people on here doing this are doing so for that reason, not to maliciously take advantage and get a free beta without pre-ordering

JP

Not quite sure what you mean.

If people want to try the beta in order to judge whether they want to purchase or not, then they preorder the beta find out its not for them then cancel their preorder and come September are suddenly charged without actually wanting the game. Then such a situation would suck.

Or you preorder now, intending to pay come September, and in the meantime loose your job and need to cut back where it's possible. Lots of situations where it could backfire as PSN is structured now, and Sony kinda need to address officially whether all these people will be charged come September or not.
that's all well and good for you, but folks who pre-ordered a physical copy (like i did from amazon) do not have access to pre-loading this. the obvious concern is that we'll miss out on precious beta time if the download is slow or bungie's site goes down on the 17th due to the huge amount of traffic it's sure to have. i'm sure the vast majority of people on here doing this are doing so for that reason, not to maliciously take advantage and get a free beta without pre-ordering

The download isn't a demo to help people decide whether they want to buy the game or not, it's a beta version of the game that is available to certain people because they've pre-orderd it via the PSN.

As the OP say states this guide was posted to "help" people who had pre-ordered it on PSN download it and they're the people who are going to have issues if they choose to cancel a pre-order that they want to keep and that there is genuinely no benefit in them cancelling as they can just download it the same way as every other PS4 pre-order.

When people pre-order it on the PSN they agree to a contract which means that Sony will withdrawal money from them even if they cancel it and they loose access to any additional content due to pre-ordering. When these people have access to that content removed from their account they have to understand that it could be removed from the account irrelevant of whether they also pre-orderd a disc copt of the game, it's possible that they could loose access to it on top of them having to claim a refund through Sony.

Once the contract has been accepted by people downloading a part of that, whether it;s the beta or anything else, legally Sony have no obligation to offer refunds because whoever has downloaded it has agreed the contract by downloading it.

Everything may be fine for people who mess around with it but it's risk that people need to consider before messing around with it and risking the things that could go wrong.

For people who have pre-orderd it via PSN, there's no reason at all to be cancelling the pre-order unless you don't want it any longer because you can download it using the standard way of downloading PS4 pre-orders.

Of course people can do whatever the hell they want but surely it's better that people understand what they could be getting into here. You only have to look at all the pre-order issues with Watch Dogs on PS4 for people pre-loaded a game that wasn't supposed to be pre-loaded.

Personally I'm wondering what will happen when I input my beta code on my Primary US account and I already have the beta installed from the EU one. If I then canceled the EU pre-order, would it not be then technically okay?

Top Bottom