• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

if you liked Fallout 1-2 buy/try Underrail NOW

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Has strong RPG of the year potential, which with Pillars coming soon is saying something.

☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

Now we just need a super clickbait-y title for the OT to draw in the crowds.

Needs more underboob then.

This is probably one of the better indie games I've ever gotten from a bundle before and I still cannot believe it was included in one.

Purkake4

Banned
There's a new update, last Early Access one. So once you're done with PoE, the cRPG gravy train just keeps on going.

Hey guys, the last Early Access/alpha version is here. It's available on Steam now and, as before, it will be available on other platforms as soon as we stabilize it. We are proud to present to you the Institute of Tchort in all its glory, the final urban area of the game. If you want to know more about what's left on our development roadmap, check out the previous dev log.

Monolith.jpg

Speaking of changes, we made quite a bit of them, some of which are quite significant for certain play-styles, so we're looking forward to hearing the feedback on those. Of course, we also added lots of new stuff in terms of items and feats. Anyway here's the list (partial list, the other half is in the previous dev log):
Click the link for the long long list of changes.

Almighty

Well I think after I am done with PoE and then Bloodborne that i will check this game out. I bought it a while ago, but I haven't got around to playing it yet.

hemtae

New update: Housing; New Psi; Deep Caverns Preview

Hey guys, we've been a bit quiet lately, but that's only because we've been keeping our heads down and working hard on the last chunk of content for the game - the Deep Caverns. There's still a lot to do before we can show it in its full glory, but here's a little teaser screenshot below.

Also, we implemented player housing. Players will now get an old ruined apartment in Core City which they can fix up and furnish to their liking. Most of the stuff you can get for the house is just for show, but there is some useful equipment as well.

gOa4ySY.jpg

BsjeDBQ.jpg

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
My friend loves this game and plays it all time. He loves the open world exploration and the vehicle upgrade mechanic.

Purkake4

Banned
My friend loves this game and plays it all time. He loves the open world exploration and the vehicle upgrade mechanic.
Haha, there's weapon upgrade up the wazoo, no vehicles though. The open world is really interesting as it's done with all interconnected maps, no world map. This leads to lots of exploration and finding neat little things.

gar3

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250520/

Been debating about buying this the entire Summer Sale (not because it ever went on sale but because if I had any funds left in my wallet I might give it a shot). Well, I had $14.xx left so I bought UnderRail and Vulture for NetHack, heh. I have a new 500GB SSD arriving tomorrow and once that's finished I'm installing UnderRail on the laptop to see what's what.

Tagyhag

Been debating about buying this the entire Summer Sale (not because it ever went on sale but because if I had any funds left in my wallet I might give it a shot). Well, I had $14.xx left so I bought UnderRail and Vulture for NetHack, heh. I have a new 500GB SSD arriving tomorrow and once that's finished I'm installing UnderRail on the laptop to see what's what.

Will love to hear your thoughts on it, keep us updated.

Huge fan of Fallout 2, but waiting for the game to come out of early access.

gar3

Played about a half hour of it this afternoon.
Loved it :-D
Some random thoughts:
-Slow and methodical
-Total control (everything from shelves in your room to the items on your person to how to talk and what to say to where to move)
-Extremely detailed and well thought out
-A LOT of time went into making this game and it shows
-Truly feels like an updated Fallout 2 made in 2013/14/15

I'm very happy with it so far.

surprised at the cheaper price, does early access games price go up after they finally released? I prefer to play it when it's complete, but if the price go up when it's release, I'll probably just buy it now.

bati

I've had my eye on this game for so long and today, thanks to this thread, I finally caved in and bought it. 5 mins with the game and I'm in love.

bati

Oh wow. This game is absolutely insane. And I think I might finally be cured of munchikinism, thanks to the excellent Oddity system. I'm just rolling with the Dex and Agi skills so I ended up with Throwing skill line which is something that I usually never take in rpgs.

My initial plan was to just quickly check the game out and then wait for the full release but the game's simply too good to put down. So far it's easily beating Pillars of Eternity in terms of fun.

Purkake4

Banned
Oh wow. This game is absolutely insane. And I think I might finally be cured of munchikinism, thanks to the excellent Oddity system. I'm just rolling with the Dex and Agi skills so I ended up with Throwing skill line which is something that I usually never take in rpgs.

My initial plan was to just quickly check the game out and then wait for the full release but the game's simply too good to put down. So far it's easily beating Pillars of Eternity in terms of fun.
Yeah, did my first run with the normal XP and then tried out the oddity system, it's so much better. You actually have a good reason to go explore all those giant cave systems and abandoned train stations.

bati

Around 35 hours in so far and end (assuming there is one in this build) is still nowhere in sight. Looking at the list of locations on the wiki it seems like I've discovered maybe one half or two thirds of the game so far. I've barely dipped my toes into Core City. So. Many. Sectors. Jesus.

I just love the mechanics, the feats add so much spice to all facets of the game it's crazy. The sheer scope of the game. The tightness of its systems. Hnnnnggggh. And it only costs 8 euros. ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME???????

I don't want to sound edgy but so far this game is beating Witcher 3 for my GOTY. And it's not even finished yet. Absolutely insane. I'll probably buy 5-10 copies for my friends just to support the developer.

hemtae

Around 35 hours in so far and end (assuming there is one in this build) is still nowhere in sight. Looking at the list of locations on the wiki it seems like I've discovered maybe one half or two thirds of the game so far. I've barely dipped my toes into Core City. So. Many. Sectors. Jesus.

I just love the mechanics, the feats add so much spice to all facets of the game it's crazy. The sheer scope of the game. The tightness of its systems. Hnnnnggggh. And it only costs 8 euros. ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME???????

I don't want to sound edgy but so far this game is beating Witcher 3 for my GOTY. And it's not even finished yet. Absolutely insane. I'll probably buy 5-10 copies for my friends just to support the developer.

Well I know some crazy person who has proclaimed it to be the best RPG since Planescape: Torment so you're still fine for the time being.

Mr. Tibbs

That sounds really encouraging. Is there an estimate for the final release? I bought the game a couple of months ago based on the positive word of mouth, but want to hold off playing until the game's finished.

Tagyhag

Sounds great, but do you feel like a death machine now?

My favorite moments in Fallout where when you were weak and having some raiders find you meant you had to get the hell out of there.

But once you got a few levels in, you got too strong and your equipment got too good, meaning that every random encounter was just a quick obstacle rather than a nail biting moment.

Tommyhawk

Bought the game some time ago but I haven't played it yet because I'm waiting for the final version.

But everything I've heard so far about this game is absolutely positive.

doomquake

Well now..I was going to shitpost and call out blasphemy for using fallout in the topic title like that...but that update looks great.

But looking great is what comes after a great story and character development..does this game have that?

bati

Sounds great, but do you feel like a death machine now?

My favorite moments in Fallout where when you were weak and having some raiders find you meant you had to get the hell out of there.

But once you got a few levels in, you got too strong and your equipment got too good, meaning that every random encounter was just a quick obstacle rather than a nail biting moment.

Not really. This will be hard to judge until I try out other builds though. The combat side of my character consists of high melee, stealth (more of a utility), dodge and evasion skills, with 8 points in agi, 9 in dex and 7 in str. I have most of the relevant fist fighting perks and I'm using fist weapons as my weapon of choice. 1 vs 1 this build is very strong because of all the AP reduction and low base AP gloves that I'm using so I can usually get enough attacks per round to get a guaranteed stun on the target. With some luck and crits I can drop a target of my lvl (17 right now) in 3-4 hits. On the other hand, I'm wearing paper for armor (just kidding, it's loincloth) so any attack that lands on me does some serious damage.

So yeah, difficulty curve has been pretty decent so far and I don't see things changing much in the near future, level 20 seems to be the cap and the I think my gear is pretty good enough already. You definitely have to be careful in groups and utilize chokepoints, emitter shields and pray to the RNGesus for good rolls.

Top Bottom